The Hermitage at Napeague
Ocean Vista Resort(Amagansett)
  • Pool
White Sands Resort(Amagansett)
View Hotel
All reviewseast hamptonshoulder seasonwithin walking distancestayed longergorgeous beachliving roomcondopooldeckgymsummerunitsofficetennisappliancesaccommodationsstretch
Reviewed 13 September 2011

I have been staying at the Hermitage with my family since I was a child and continue to stay there with my husband once a year. Perfect beach location and only a short drive into Montauk, Amagansett Square and East Hampton. Great restaurants in Montauk. I highly recommend East by North East and the Harvest for dinner. John's Pancake House is a must!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jmnNy
Reviewed 1 September 2011

This is my 3rd time at hermitage. Beautiful grounds simple but clean. 2 new tennis courts and updated pool area were a great discovery. The only drawback is unit interior - it must be updated fir $700 a night stay. Beach is great with great service. Will come back! Also had to leave 2 nights earlier due to Irene - management didn't offer even partial credit. But overall a great vacation spot !

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank gregny
Reviewed 19 August 2011

Whole place is filthy. Bugs all over. Couch was so dirty that we needed to put towels down just to sit on it.

I would not recommend. Front desk manager not helpful. Very rude. May be worst hotel room I have ever been in.

Room Tip: Dont stay. Bugs in the room
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank jgsc30
Reviewed 12 August 2011

The apart-hotel is in a great location, with a lovely pool & beach. The room was more than adequate although the bathrooms are very antiquated, especially given the rates. There is so little choice in the area that they get away with the prices.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank crazyroadtrippers
Reviewed 26 June 2011

Staff is a couple of kids (Spanish guy)-and some (overweight rude girl). We checked in and immediately wanted to leave due to noisy upstairs neighbors with kids. (Total stay -35mins.) They refused to refund us because we washed hands in the bathroom, so they insisted that this is a $54 fee. They were rude, snotty and contentious. We will dispute all charges.

*Also--that evening we received a fraud report from our bank--someone purchasing thousands in computer and cell phones-----the rude fat girl took an impression on paper of my card --said it was for deposit purposes. We have never had this fraud problem until this. Also I have never had anyone take a credit card impression in the past 2 decades. You can figure this as you wish. But in any event----even if the place was the best--I would never stay here and if you are smart -neither should you. Stay away !!!

Room Tip: Stay Away from this Place !!!!
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple