The Ocean Dunes at Amagansett
Ocean Colony Beach and Tennis Club(Amagansett)(Great Value!)
US$ 193
US$ 173
  • Pool
Ocean Vista Resort(Amagansett)
US$ 218
The Hermitage at Napeague(Amagansett)(Great Value!)
US$ 289
Orbitz.com
East Hampton House(East Hampton)
US$ 270
US$ 263
Driftwood on the Ocean(Montauk)(Great Value!)
US$ 243
US$ 218
TripAdvisor
White Sands Resort(Amagansett)
No availability for your dates from our partners
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I really enjoyed my two night stay at the Ocean Dunes resort. I had a one bedroom duplex apartment that was tastefully furnished and very comfortable. It had a fully stocked kitchen, kitchen sitting area, a balcony with two lounge chairs and a table and 4 chairs, and a living room with cable television. The upstairs had a queen sized extremely comfortable bed with two skylights so there was plenty of sunshine streaming in. It was very pretty with slanted ceilings. I didn't have a view of the ocean but the view was pretty nevertheless with lots of trees and vision of sand dunes. You could walk right into town and East Hampton was about 10 minutes away by car. It is also very close to Montauk. There was a boardwalk leading to the beach which I enjoyed. There is also a built in swimming pool but since I went off-season it wasn't in operation but it was a nice size. There was maid service and they did an excellent job of keeping the room clean. I would highly recommend this place to anybody who wants to relax in the Hamptons area. I went by myself and felt very relaxed there. The room itself can fit up to 4 people as the living room coach opens up into a bed. the bed upstairs sleeps two. For one person though it was a real treat!

Room Tip: Go in the off season to get a good price. And it's also less crowded and you can find parking anywhere in the vicinity, something that is not normal in the summer!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank darnewyork
Reviewed 26 March 2012

was the perfect weekend and i love the privacy.. looking forward to go again!!

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 28 September 2011

The location of this property couldn't be better - along a lightly-traveled road, facing the ocean dunes and the beach. In terms of condition, I found our two-bedroom suite to be spotless, and the grounds and pool were all well-maintained as well. My wife and I, along with our friend, stayed here when we were in the area for a friend's wedding, in mid-September.

Despite the good condition the property is in, it has to be said that if you imagine this will be a Ritz-Carlton on the waterfront, you will be disappointed. The property is not new and is "motel-style" meaning the rooms face a central courtyard, which could be noisy when it is crowded. While it is well-maintained, the fixtures, furniture, etc. are generally not new (the ancient microwave in our room was particularly funny), although there are new, high-quality televisions with cable. Thus, the overall aesthetic is more "shabby-chic" than anything else, even if the condition of the actual room is not at all shabby.

Similarly, don't expect amenities like room service, fully functioning wi-fi (there is wi-fi, but wow it was hard for my devices to find), gyms, etc. This is not that kind of hotel. For over $600 in the offseason (mid-Sept) for a suite, you might think it ought to be. But if you visit comparable hotels in the Hamptons, I'm afraid this might be closer to the norm than you think.

I can't help but notice that the negative reviews here are all some version of people complaining about something to do with kids, family, etc. They have a no-kids policy. I'm not sure why that is confusing to people, but if you are traveling without kids (like us) you will be thrilled that they enforce it. More power to them.

Room Tip: The corner suite, ground floor, nearest the ocean, also has its own deck and outdoor furniture facing the ocea, which is a big plus.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank jlb3
Reviewed 13 September 2011

I recommend Dogsquared's review -- for a great description of the Ocean Dunes. For me, the location with its private parking out front, its heated pool and beautiful private boardwalk to the ocean beach was what made our stay so pleasant. We picnic-ed near the pool and near the small pond out back. As for the room accommodations: It seems there is a great variation in the rooms as this is motel-like property which has been condominiumized, so all units are quite different. We walked into a kitchen(well equipped)/dining/living room area; there was a king bed which was comfortable, but all in all the space was cramped and the decor left a lot to be desired. The unit had a deck packed with furniture. We could hear conversations held on nearby deck when in our room with door shut. But I loved the pool, the nearness of the village and the ocean.

Room Tip: Discuss room details with booking staff...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Sharonrose98
Reviewed 25 July 2011

So this was our second foray into the Hampton's. Location in Amagansett is excellent. Close to many local hot spots. East Hampton about 5-10 minute drive to the west. The main town drag is a 10 minute walk or 1 minute drive away. The ocean is about a 5 minute walk through the back of the property. Shed located at the inlet to the beach with complimentary beach chairs and umbrellas. For some reason we had an issue with biting flies that day. This was our first time at that beach so not sure if this is an issue.

Nice pool on property with ample seating for all around it. In addition has a barbecue area behind the pool near the pond.

We had a 1 bedroom on the ground floor (east side). I am extremely heat intolerant so when I heard no air conditioning after already booking it I was very concerned given it was in the 90's the day we went. To my surprise the room stayed cool with good cross ventilation and ceiling fans. Not sure how the upper level rooms would be.

Our 1 bedroom had a separate living area with a kitchenette. The appliances/fixtures were out dated but functional. The bedroom itself was slightly on the small size and the bathroom was even smaller. Very nice private patio attached to each unit off the bedroom.

Felts safe as they have a code to enter the main entrance that they give to guests and the exit to the beach is gated with a lock. Would have like to have a safe in the room.

It is pricy especially on season but when compared to the B & B's around here probably half the cost.

Overall very relaxing. Not luxurious but had all the necessities for a pleasant and peaceful stay.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple