African Roots Guest House
J. Residence Motel(Entebbe)(Great Value!)
US$ 61
US$ 50
4 Penguins Hotel(Entebbe)(Great Value!)
US$ 55
US$ 45
  • Breakfast included
Secrets Guest House(Entebbe)(Great Value!)
US$ 48
US$ 119
  • Pool
Viavia Guesthouse(Entebbe)(Great Value!)
US$ 134
All reviewsguest houselake victoriathese ladiessuperfriendly staffshort walkbanana pancakesthe great reviewsbotanical gardensfelt safe and welcomelarge balconyensuite bathroomhome away from homeentebbe airportplace to staygreat wifiwithin walking distancelast night
Reviewed 17 March 2018

Stayed here for 5 nights while working in Uganda. What a great hotel. Rooms are very clean, bed is comfortable, good wifi and the staff are lovely people. I stayed in room 5, I think this may be the best room as it has a large balcony which I found a great place to sit early evening with a beer and catch up on emails while people watching.
The staff are amazing, on my last night I went out for a few drinks with my customer and crawled in around 2am ish. The security lad Joseph was waiting to make sure I returned safely. What a service.
The only 1 negative point is that it would be hand if there was a kettle with tea/coffee in the room.

Thank you all for a great week.

Room Tip: Ask for room 5. Large room with big balcony
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 December 2017

Lovely staff, clean and comfortable rooms, good food, excellent location ( a few minutes walk to lakeside cafes). good wifi. The staff could not possibly be more helpful (stocking my favourite beer, giving lifts for short journeys, daily newspaper etc). We had the room with the veranda and spent happy hours watching the dozens of species of birds. All this at an extremely reasonable rates. I have lived, worked and travelled widely in Africa over the last 25 years and have rarely been happier especially for the price.

Room Tip: veranda room is best if staying for more than a couple of nights
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 November 2017

I had 2 nights at African Roots before my 12 day tour of Uganda and another night at the end before flying back to the UK.
There are so many positives about AR GuestHouse: they provide free transfer to/from the Airport, exceptionally welcoming Staff who go out of their way to make you feel comfortable. The room was spotless and everything worked perfectly. Breakfasts were lovely and plentiful. The GuestHouse is no more than 15 minutes safe walk from the lakeside beaches and restaurants and just 10 minutes from a supermarket. You'll be certain of receiving a friendly Ugandan reception.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

This is my third visit to The ARGH and I couldn’t be more pleased. My room was very clean and comfortable, the staff, friendly, and their location to the airport, convenient. The breakfast served the following morning was quite tasty. Bottom line is this is a wonderful place to stay in Entebbe.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 October 2017

This cute little guest house is my home away from home when I am travelling in and out of Uganda. The staff are so lovely and very willing to help in any way they can. No matter what time my flight gets in or what time i need to be at the airport they are ready and willing to take me, and even make me breakfast.
The rooms are so comfy and very clean and there is good Wifi here too. Definitly worth a stay in my books!!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends