All reviews guest house lake victoria banana pancakes these ladies the great reviews botanical gardens felt safe and welcome within walking distance room was very clean and comfortable entebbe airport place to stay great wifi four poster shopping mall welcoming staff long stay bottled water
Reviewed 27 December 2017

Lovely staff, clean and comfortable rooms, good food, excellent location ( a few minutes walk to lakeside cafes). good wifi. The staff could not possibly be more helpful (stocking my favourite beer, giving lifts for short journeys, daily newspaper etc). We had the room with the veranda and spent happy hours watching the dozens of species of birds. All this at an extremely reasonable rates. I have lived, worked and travelled widely in Africa over the last 25 years and have rarely been happier especially for the price.

Room Tip: veranda room is best if staying for more than a couple of nights
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 November 2017

I had 2 nights at African Roots before my 12 day tour of Uganda and another night at the end before flying back to the UK.
There are so many positives about AR GuestHouse: they provide free transfer to/from the Airport, exceptionally welcoming Staff who go out of their way to make you feel comfortable. The room was spotless and everything worked perfectly. Breakfasts were lovely and plentiful. The GuestHouse is no more than 15 minutes safe walk from the lakeside beaches and restaurants and just 10 minutes from a supermarket. You'll be certain of receiving a friendly Ugandan reception.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

This is my third visit to The ARGH and I couldn’t be more pleased. My room was very clean and comfortable, the staff, friendly, and their location to the airport, convenient. The breakfast served the following morning was quite tasty. Bottom line is this is a wonderful place to stay in Entebbe.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 October 2017

This cute little guest house is my home away from home when I am travelling in and out of Uganda. The staff are so lovely and very willing to help in any way they can. No matter what time my flight gets in or what time i need to be at the airport they are ready and willing to take me, and even make me breakfast.
The rooms are so comfy and very clean and there is good Wifi here too. Definitly worth a stay in my books!!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 October 2017

When I first arrived at Entebbe Airport, African Roots driver Charles met me just outside the exit, holding up a piece of cardboard with my name on it in the middle of a sea of strangers' faces. From that moment on I felt safe and welcome. The guesthouse is realistically about 10-15 minutes from the airport which makes it convenient both arriving into and departing out of Entebbe. It's very secure, surrounded by a privacy fence and metal gate. There are several small cozy common areas, both in and outdoors, to sit and relax or chat with other guests. At breakfast served at the one family dining room table, I met an Australian couple, a professor from Italy and a sweet gal from Northern Uganda. Being a guesthouse, you show up at the table and let them know what you'd like to eat, then they cook it up in a snap, Ugandan style. We had a private bath that was clean, with warm water, although there were some drainage issues in one of the tubs in the main house. There are also shared baths. There is little furniture to speak of, mostly just bedstands and comfortable four-poster beds equipped with mosquito nets, so I lived out of my suitcase for the day which was fine since I left early the next morning anyway. In that regard it may serve better as a stopover hotel rather than a long stay. W-Fi is free but spotty throughout the house i.e. you may be fine in one end of the room and lose reception just around the corner. At night the in-room fan makes sleeping more comfortable, and in the morning a chorus of birds outside may serenade you. If you want to go into town, Ana can drive you if she's available, or she can arrange for a boda (motorbike taxi) driver to pick you up. Luggage can also be stored for a short time if desired. Just a 5-minute walk to Lake Victoria where there are several small restaurants, and a 5-minute boda ride to the Botanical Gardens. Also perfect if you just wanted to sit and read a book as it is pretty quiet. This is not a large bustling luxury hotel. It's intimate and friendly and altogether very clean and private, like your own cozy home away from home.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo