African Roots Guest House
US$ 147
US$ 135
US$ 110
Jumia Travel
J. Residence Motel(Entebbe)(Great Value!)
US$ 61
US$ 50
4 Penguins Hotel(Entebbe)(Great Value!)
US$ 55
US$ 45
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 51/night.

K Hotels(Entebbe)
US$ 120
US$ 115
Secrets Guest House(Entebbe)(Great Value!)
US$ 50
US$ 141
Agoda.com
US$ 118
  • Pool
All reviewsguest houselake victoriathese ladiessuperfriendly staffshort walkbanana pancakesthe great reviewsbotanical gardensfelt safe and welcomelarge balconyensuite bathroomhome away from homeentebbe airportplace to staygreat wifiwithin walking distancelast night
Reviewed 30 September 2017

My experience with ARGH, from the first email contact to my drop-off at the airport, rates 100%. Anna and Agnes were perfect hosts. The premises are spotlessly clean and comfortable. The service and staff super-responsive and caring. The place is not fancy but absolutely functional. I had a nice large room with balcony, so ideal for work or relaxation. The Wifi is good and they also have power backup in case of an outage of the mains supply.

The guesthouse is located in a quiet residential area and is walking distance to the row of restaurants on the shores of Lake Victoria. During the week I stayed here, I came into contact with a lot of guests from all over the world and everyone, without exception, was complimentary about ARGH.

Recommended without hesitation. You'll also be supporting the endeavours of two hard-working Ugandan ladies. All the very best, Anna and Agnes!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
AFRICANROOTSGH-COM, Guest Relations Manager at African Roots Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

Dear Hilmy,
Thank you very much for your positive review. We are greatful for having had the opportunity to host and interact with you during your stay in Entebbe.
Thanks for having chosen to stay with us we promise to keep it better.

Warm Regards
Agnes

Reviewed 22 September 2017

As a young woman going to Uganda for the first time I was a bit nervous so Anna kindly picked me up from the airport. This lovely gesture, along with Anna's warmth and openness, put me at ease immediately. The guesthouse is close to the lake and airport and in a safe residential area which was perfect. The staff were wonderful, the accommodation was clean, and the food was delicious. Wouldn't change a thing! When I come to the beautiful country of Uganda again Anna's guesthouse will be my first choice of accommodation! Thank you for an amazing stay!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 September 2017

I traveled by myself to Uganda and enjoyed my stay at this lovely small guesthouse owned and run by women towards the end of my trip. Anne and Agnes were wonderful and went out of their way to make my short time with them convenient. I thought it was very kind of them to be concerned as I was in slow mo mode from all the soreness after strenuous trekking and a day working at the zoo. They always asked how I was doing and drove me to where I needed to be.

Clean, friendly staff, delicious food (Banana pancake for breakfast...yay. Thank you Catherine!), I only have positive things to say about African Roots.

Special thanks to sweet Agnes for driving me to UWEC and the botanical garden and power carrying my luggage up the airport stairs. Sending good vibes to the ladies for all their future business endeavors.

Stayed: August 2017
1  Thank nafz
Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay with Anne and Agnes. They run a beautiful guesthouse. It was very clean and comfortable. We used their pick up service from the airport - excellent. And Agnes drove us to Kampala. She is a pleasure to chat with about Uganda. The home itself is in a nice quiet street close to the lake for siteseeing and close to markets.
Entebbe isn't terribly exciting but this place makes it a comfortable stop.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2017

We stayed here at the beginning and end of our trip to Uganda. We arrived at 3 am and on our last day left at midnight. In spite of the late hours, everyone here was very friendly and caring, specially the owner. Rooms were very clean and wifi was good in this guesthouse entirely run by women :-) that is just a short walk away to the Lake Victoria. Good option to stay in Entebbe.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends