1,703 results
All reviews flexi dine entertainment team next year card system turkey mono hair white lion pool games air con sweet corner cocktail games course evening meal turkish bath hotel is spotless great holiday thomson rep tattoo shop
Reviewed 15 August 2010

This was our first family visit to Turkey and we were not disappointed. The transfer dragged a bit, but this was probably because we had a night flight. The reception staff made us feel welcome but checked us in quickly so we could get some sleep before the morning meeting with our rep. Cheryl (the rep), was really friendly, helpful and approachable. She presented a short welcome meeting but then went round to individual parties to answer queries. Cheryl told us some good places to eat and which trips might suit our needs. The hotel was extremely clean and the rooms were very plush for Turkey. I am sure that there are not many rooms up to this standard in Marmaris.
The bar and waiting staff are very friendly to all. Some are more friendly to the young girls but we found them to be very pleasant and not at all pushy. Special mentions for Hakan, Osman (bar) and the one who loves to bet on every football game in the world! (bar) These guys were so genuinely nice to everyone and are a credit to the hotel. Shaggy one of the entertainers was a great guy too. I'm sure he loves being in drag for the shows really!!! We had some photographs taken by the resident photographers Engin. He is another lovely guy and the photos were great and very reasonable. Such a special keepsake to remind us of our holiday. Reggie in the salon was such a happy man. Every day he had a joke or story for us. I had a Turkish shave twice during the holiday, once on stage! Reggie got out his machete to make me squirm for a laugh. He offers free hair conditioning treatments by the poolside whcih all the ladies were having. We felt sad to be leaving last night but hope to return there in the future.

1  Thank howard93
Reviewed 13 August 2010

Club Aida is a great hotel and one ofthe best in Marmaris although i do have a few niggles about the place.
Before you book make sure you have and extra £100 to pay for your air con and safe deposit box they charge you for these and the aircon is only in the bedroom so the lounge area can become very hot. We found the reception staff not that bothered athough the entertainment staff and the waiters did make up for this. The only thing that did get to us was the staff asking you to buy things every five minutes. All day every day they walk round trying to get you to but spa treatments, hair cuts etc. Ok we all need to make a living but it got on our nerves a lot. We also had bad tummy upsets for the whole time of our holiday so we could not arrange trips becasue we did not know from one day to the next if we would be able to keep of the loo!
The maids are great they really look after your room and the towels are changed daily and they keep the rooms spotless with a nice touch of towel arrangements and flower petals placed on your bed which is a nice touch, our maid 'Gulsen' was great and always smiling and talks to you.
We did have a run in with the guy that runs the gify shop as he would not leave my daughter alone to buy things when i was not about and i did loose my temper with him at one point then he backed off.
The entertainment team work really hard i dont know how they do it in that heat but they do although the evening entertainment is corney they do try hard and thats a laugh in itself.
We did not find the hotel cheap it is a lot cheaper to eat out and we found a resturant called 'Minders' which is fab and the locals use it so you know its good and the food was excellant. Also sweet corner is great but they do go on everytime you walk past to get you in there.
This was our 2nd time to marmaris and we dont feel that we want to go for a while but the hotel is great and one of the best,.
Be ware at the airport eat before you go there we paid £10 for three cans of drink and if you want a bargain bucket its 75 lira!.....All in all we loved our holiday apart from the bad tummys but we now feel after out 2nd visit that the place is much to money orietnated for us so please be aware of that before you book becasue if you dont meet their expectations they will let you know and can at times be rude.

1  Thank pinky1969
Reviewed 10 August 2010

I should start this review of the Club Aida Apartments Marmaris, from where I/my wife/13 year old Son have just returned, by stating that this was the 1st time in many years that we haven't gone all inclusive, so this was a bit of a culture shock (I am a 'red blooded' man, twice married/4 kids, but I don't sport a tattoo or wear an earring, so felt somewhat 'under-dressed') but I shall review it honestly as we found it. Having always previously gone all inclusive, I honestly don't know if what we experienced at the Aida Apartments is the 'norm' or not? Perhaps another holidaymaker could write and tell me please. Just 3 years old, the whole complex is well maintained and looks smart. The rooms are kept spotlessly clean on a daily basis by the Maids.

The general picture in the Thomson Brochure is misleading. If the photo was taken from the other end (at the 'Club Aida' sign towards the swimming pool) one would see that literally just 15 feet from the end of the swimming pool is a busy main road. Generally, there isn't much goodwill shown from the hotel to its guests. Unusualy, there isn't a 'happy hour' at all in the bar and the Cocktails are expensive at around £3 each and served in a small glass. Soft drinks are also over-priced with 3 Cokes ('large' but not really large) costing a hefty £7.50p. (the 'Sprite' is not the genuine brand, but the sweet syrupy sickly stuff from the pump). In fact a single Coke (£2.50p) was the same price as a small Beer. Kids 'Slush-Puppy' drinks/Ice Creams were similarly expensive. Waffles sold around the pool in the afternoon are again over-priced at a minimum £3.50p each. (more with extra toppings). We felt that the Hotel was always 'on the make', grasping for extra monies. (don't use the hotel shop, it's a rip-off. Box of Corn Flakes, double the price than outside Supermarkets). They even charged £10 for an extra plastic Room Key wanted for our 13 year old son to come and go as he pleases. (a tip, whilst you still have to pay, any plastic Tesco type card will fit the slot to keep the Air Conditioning on all day, so the room is nice and cool when you return). They even charge £25 to get the 'Sky T.V' on in your bedroom. The evening entertainment (compared to what we have been used to at many other holidays) was awful. Karaoke (Tuesday) being the best. I can't comment on the food because we went to a different restaurant in Marmaris every night.

In summary, we went for the Sun and a cheaper holiday than usual and as said, I don't know if my honest assessment is the 'norm' for such an establishment. Whilst we wouldn't return, for what the Club Aida is (if this is the 'norm') it was o.k.

Upon arrival, one is 'advised' that the room Air conditioning (required, as the rooms are hot/sticky upon your return) is an expensive £60 in advance for the Two weeks, with the Safe Deposit Box in the bedroom costing another £30 for the fortnight. So you are nearly £100 down straightaway. I have never before stayed at such a place where there is NEVER a 'Two for One' or 'Happy Hour' on offer at the bar. The Staff are very friendly (some perhaps overly so) but some of them are boringly always trying to sell you something you really do not want (i.e, haircuts/shaves etc). Unfortunately, a bald chap called 'Oscar' who is the Head of Entertainment, isn't the best of guys. He thinks he is funny, but isn't and comes out with rudish/inappropriate remarks on the hotel swimming pool microphone. He doesn't 'look or sound right' for his job. For whatever reason, he comes over as a rather bitter/sarcastic man. He frequently says on the microphone "I tell the truth" but he's an idiot..

There are about 600 people in the 140 room complex so the sunbeds are very close together, just a few inches apart. The pool area is very crowded.
Don't forget to take some Ear-drops/Antibiotics, 5 or 6 kids/adults got an ear-infection from the swimming pool during our stay.

1  Thank An0nym0us100
Reviewed 8 August 2010

We booked at short notice and got an 8 night stay at Club Aida. This hotel is about a 10 minute walk away from the main strip of bars, a nice walk. The hotel is the best we have stayed in and this was our 4th time in Turkey. The room was very nice, only problem was the air conditioning was only in the bedroom, so those sleeping in the other room had to suffer the heat. The rooms were cleaned every day and towels changed when you wanted. The pool was huge, the biggest I have seen in Turkey as they tend to be on the small side. There is a separate pool which has water slides and there are loads of sun beds to use. There are loads of tables for dining. And an outside bar. The food is really good and the service is excellent with plenty of staff. The entertainment was a bit poor but they would laugh at themselves which in turn made you laugh along with them. You have to put your money on a card to buy drinks and food, what the card does not cover is the hairdressers, jewellers, and tattoo and gift shop. The hairdressers, Mono hair, are brilliant. My daughter and I went 3 times and I never took my hairdryer out of the case. It was £8 for a wash and blow. We also had our nails done, brilliant. Reggie and his team are fantastic. I also got a couple of pieces of jewellery, a beautiful ring and necklace too. The gift shop supplied all the presents for the kids for their friends and as for the tattoo shop, we watched through the glass. We had a problem on the day before we were due to check out. We were locked out of our room and told we should have checked out that day (Saturday). Even when we showed the manager our paperwork he would not accept it. He said his booking showed 7 nights. We had to contact Thompson in London to try and sort it out; they said they would call us back. So we packed anyway to be told an hour and half later it that it was ok, we could stay in the room. That spoilt our last day because we were sitting around in our going home stuff as our pick up was the early hours. Overall our holiday was fantastic. We would definitely go again and definitely stay at Club Aida.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 August 2010

Club Aida, what can i say? Brilliant!!!! Nemo you are a legend!

The food was great, little pricey, but on the whole brilliant, the wiaters were fantastic and Vinnie, my daughter had to google you!!! The rooms were clean and tidy, the maid was brilliant, she made the best patterns with the towels on the kids beds they were gutted when they had to use the towels and then go to bed it spoiled them. Air con costs £30 per week and the safe was £15 well worth it. Sunbeds were taken early so you have to be on the ball, pool a little deep for my daughter but no matter it wasnt a biggy. The entertainment staff were spot on and the evening entertainment was amateur but funny.

Wifi in the bar area made my life soooo much easier as the kids has their ipod touches made contacting home better for us and the kids and made our stay so much easier as they werent missing home too much and could keep up with the goss from home, saved moeny on postcards too.

Balcony was big enough to sit out on and facilities in the room were basic but clean and adequate, we used to toaster and kettle every day there was a microwave and hob but we didnt need them.

The flexi dine was great being able to use the breakfast ticket right up to 6pm on the breakfast and snack menu, so we ate breakfast in the room and used the breakfast ticket for lunchtime food.

We had a week in the Aida, i would recommend it to anyone and i am not surprised it has a 4T rating from Thomson.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family