1,696 results
All reviews flexi dine entertainment team next year card system turkey mono hair white lion pool games air con sweet corner cocktail games course evening meal turkish bath hotel is spotless great holiday thomson rep tattoo shop
Reviewed 31 August 2011

just came back from our holiday at club aida.hotel is lovely and clean and staff are great apart from the nasty little woman who in charge of the games room.she very nasty with the kids,my son was in the middle of a game of pool and had 3 balls on table,she snatched them off him cos someone she got to know wanted to play.she swore at a little child.all other staff great,thanks.hairdressers excellent,thanks reggie and your staff,did an excellent job on my lads hair.hotel was cheap for food and lovely.the shows were good especially the mummy show.also went to an indian restaurant called taj mahal,which are originally based in bradford,best indian ive tasted,also sweet corner restaurant has excellent food,thanks ronaldo,jack,carlos,ryan.hope to see you all again.thanks the o neills and flowers of sheffield.

Room Tip: outstanding
3  Thank donna6873
Reviewed 30 August 2011

Just back from a two week holiday in ClubAida and I can not say enough to praise this hotel. It was immaculately clean, the cleaners were in every day and changed towels every day and the apartment looked like brand new after there visit. The bed had an Orthopaedic mattress best quality sleep I've ever had on holidays.
The entertainment team were excellent, the Dj pumped out the tunes all day which kept everyone’s spirits up and the games/ entertainment started each day with aqua aerobics at about 11.15 every day. All the games were great fun and kids and adults alike joined in. I read a review saying the entertainment team were pushy and forced you to do the games etc this is not true they encourage you but do not force you.
The food was excellent for breakfast, lunch and dinner and we opted for the 4 day flexi which worked out at excellent value it included breakfast, and dinner (starter, main course and dessert) for 220 lira which is approx 80-90 euro for 4 days and the quantity and quality of the food is excellent!
The hotel is kept so clean and the staff work so hard to maintain standards. I read a review about the kid’s pool being very slippy but when we visited they had mats down. We did see an incident round the pool where a boy dived in and cut his head on the side of the pool but the staff were so efficient, the nurse (on call 24/7 as was the doctor) was there within minutes and the ambulance was there and gone with the patient within 10 minutes.
The hotel operates a card system which you put money which at the start seams frustrating but it very handy and means you don’t have to carry cash round the pool. The supermarket located within the hotel is very convenient and is cheap and saves the hassle of walking down in the heat to the supermarket.
Reggie and the gang at Mono hair are excellent, got hair washed and blow dried twice which cost approx €8 for an excellent job.
The Turkish bath/spa facilities located in the hotel is the best in the resort and buses come from all over marmaris to the facilities. We took the VIP package which lasted nearly 5 hours and cost the equivalent of €75 for everything you could possibly do in the spa-sauna, body scrub, Turkish bath, food scrub, fish pedicure, mud bath, facial, hot oil head/hair massage, reflexology, head massage, milk Jacuzzi, and full body massage! Excellent service, very professional and I visit a salon regularly at home so I know what to look out for. We went for a Turkish bath last year in a different resort and fount it quite rough and were pleasantly surprised that this one was very enjoyable and extremely clean in comparison to the one the year previous. The only negative about the experience was buying the photos which turned in to quite an ordeal, when the photos came out very red and I asked to have them re-printed as the colour wasn’t right and the man behind the counter started telling me darling you don’t understand and trying to sell me the disc with all the photos which I didn’t want, in the end after a half hour of being spoken to in a condescending manner and a heated exchange back and forth I paid 40 lira/16euro for 3 photos which was expensive but I really wanted them as memories of a great day.
The Marina is worth a visit, nicer restaurants, more expensive than the beach front but better quality and nicer atmosphere, I would recommend the hillside restaurant for a drink and to see the old style Turkish houses and the lovely stone steeps set in to the hillside, a real glimpse in to how this area used to be before it was commercialised. We did two boat trips, booked with Rick on beach front great value, first trip incorporated Turtle beach (with no turtles to be seen anywhere), the Daylan river, the mud baths, sulphur springs, and the ancient carvings in the hillside, lunch included. Scenery lovely and small boats gorgeous so relaxing, but big boat filthy and I mean filthy, toilets were disgusting, the smell was horrendous and they could have done with two days of cleaning and disinfection! Would recommend this trip for the scenery which was amazing and very similar to Vietnam when on the river but it was very long, I would do it again do! We did a shorter trip which incorporated paradise beach, water sports, sea swims in lovely coves, lunch, and all drinks for the entire day-soft drinks, local beer, vodka and raki free flowing all day no catch, boat was very clean and food was fine. Trip left at 10 and back at 4 prefect lengths especially for kids.
Eating out-the restaurant in the marina beside the tree palm trees restaurant has a lovely roof top terrace and the food is gorgeous, recommend the lamb casserole yum.
Buying leather products I would recommend the Bird Leather Shop on the main street of shops (not sure of street name) it’s near the “McDonalds” sign and the “Paky bag shop”(actual shop name). If you are looking for very good imitation Radley bags these have the best on the strip and I got two small ones for 145 lira/ approx 60 euro. The “Paky bag shop” exchanged a pair of shoes for a different size with no hassle and they also have lovely leather bags and shoes.
Marmaris is a lovely resort, Dolomus bus service excellent, good value shopping, cheap to eat out, but the beaches are not great. The people are lovely for the most part but a little too much interest in young blonde girls (13-15), overall would go again and would stay in club Aida who do an excellent job.

Room Tip: 1st floor near reception, to the side of building with view of pool&stage perfect!
3  Thank kchIreland
Reviewed 29 August 2011

i stayed at club aida last week and it was a great holiday and i think that everything about the hotel was great like the entertainment goes on all day and until 12 at night they are constantly doing things and keeping kids and even adults busy!
very clean, polite and funny.
only slightly annoying thing is the hassle from restaurants and excursion stalls when you are out for the evening.
great holiday overall!

1  Thank cameronFTW
Reviewed 29 August 2011

We last visited Club Aida in 2009 and were obviously impressed enough to re-visit. Whilst most areas have not changed, i.e. good welcome on arrival, helpful receptionist, clean rooms and communal areas, good quality food....some areas have gone severely downhill and the overall comfort of the hotel was disappointing on this visit.

Firstly, we were allocated a room on the 4th floor facing the entrance side. The noise of coaches arriving during the early hours of the morning was quite unbearable but we didn't ask to move as noise from the pool and restaurant would have been just as bad on the other side. The last time we went we had a side room on the first floor and although we were aware of the noise of a generator, we were not unduly disturbed. This time we found the noise of people talking and walking late in the corridors and from the room above really loud. I am a light sleeper and was kept awake by a constant chair scraping noise and loud chatting from the people in the room above us through out the night. The noise would then start early the next morning so we couldn't really get any rest.

The second area of discontent was the evening entertainment programme which is a complete sham. Our two boys are now aged 9 and 7 and for them this was an ideal holiday. Two water slides situated in a small pool, a games room and a bouncy castle every night free of charge. They met loads of friends and were well entertained. However, that sums the holiday up this year. Entertainment is aimed totally at the children, it is the most inane trash ever, some of it was really too embarrassing to watch. Whilst we were pleased that the children were catered for, the entertainment team have given no thought at all to the adults. The mini disco doesn't start until 9.30pm and it is the same songs and dance every night which got really irritating. We had purchased the dine around vouchers which are very good value but it meant eating at the hotel most evenings. That also meant enduring the kids disco every evening whilst waiting for our food to be served...and wait we did...but more of that later. From 10pm until 11pm we then endured a diabolical show either performed by the bar staff or a sorry looking turkish dancer, acrobat or breakdancer. Ok, the breakdancers were pretty good it was free entertainment but it was only bearable for maybe one night or two but not the same programme every few nights. I have never watched so much karaoke in my life! The most horrendous night was when the male staff dressed as women and acted out a few ridiculous senarios...I had no idea what was going on. Other than that it was audience participation rubbish that really was childish and seemed to drag on forever. At 1pm, they then start the kids entertainment again when all the kids - including some as young as two year old - go up on stage and sing the Club Aida song yet again - they do it at least twice around the pool during the day. This silly singing and dancing (the same routine and songs every time I might add) is not what adults want to watch at 11pm. At 11.45pm is all over. It is all wrong. The kids disco should be on between 8 - 9 pm and then it should be all adult entertainment until closing. I guess that the theory is to entertain the kids so the adults carry on buying drink all evening without having to leave early to take the kids to bed. Our own boys were running around until closing because they wanted to watch the last club song at 11.30! Fine for them but we were bored stiff. I dont remember the entertainment being this poor in 2009. Bulent the entertainment manager needs to have a serious re-think about the rubbish they are churning out otherwise he will not have a job next year I am sure.

On the subject of poor staff, I don't understand why so many people are raving about the waiters. They were terrible. Particularly Dennis. I have never met a less interested and rude waiter in my life. But then as a family of four who were not interested in participating in club songs etc, I worked out why. Dennis and most other waiters are firstly only interested in serving women who are travelling without men - even those with 3 or 4 kids - no matter what size, shape or age they are! Secondly, they enjoy exploiting and bumming up the people who were "game for a laugh" and buying tons of booze! In the morning we waited ages to get served for breakfast, Dennis was busy laughing and joking with the families playing darts and drinking beer at 10.30am! One morning we waited 40 minutes for 2 bowls of cereal. Evenings were the same. We were basically ignored and had to flag down a waiter every night - sometimes 3 or 4 times before they would serve us. This is not acceptable especially when you have two young kids waiting to be fed. When we visited in 2009 the waiters were much more efficient and there was no obvious flirting with guests or favouring some parties. We were left quite angry by this.

My other bone of contention is the water slides. They are open between 10-noon and then 3 and 5. Why? My boys loved being on the slides and got upset every day when they closed. This meant 3 hours of giving them money for the games in the game room, buying ice creams and looking for other ways of entertaining them. A three hour closure is not acceptable in my opinion, an hour would have been well sufficient. Again, I do not remember such a long closure on our last visit. The slides were part of the reason we re-booked as we obviously need to ensure the kids are happy.

Now, the final moan. The sun beds. What makes me really cross is that there are notices all over the hotel warning that anyone leaving towels on beds before 8am will have them removed to enable all guests to have a sun bed. What a joke. We came to breakfast around 9.30 most mornings (having gone to bed late after the mini disco finished!!) and every single bed was covered with a towel. We had to search for the odd bed every day and that was it for a family of four. And to make it worse, we met two families who were not even staying at Club Aida but had managed to grab 4 sun beds every morning. How? Where was the security? Babies of 2 do not need their own sun bed either - it was greedy and selfish for people to hog all the beds. And we noted that certain families had the same beds every single day! One particular family had the corner poolside beds every day without fail. How was this? They must have been up at the crack of dawn to stake their beds and this should be stopped. The hotel need to adopt the same policy as hotels in france. When you check in you are given a number for a sun bed and that sun bed is yours throughout the duration of your holiday. That would stop this unfair senario. The staff did nothing at all to address this situation. They were more concerned with endlessly performing the Club Aida song and acting stupid around the poolside and chatting up anything in the form of a female species. That is not what I call good service.

We would not return to this hotel for the above reasons. Yes it is clean, yes the food is good but the entertainment is too poor to tolerate and the sun bed situation was the worse I have experienced. The restaurant staff are a joke, the so called head waiter was one of the rudest!

The only members of staff worth any praise are Sibel and the girls on reception and the lady who works in the games room. Cant comment on Reggie in the hairdressers since we did not take our kids to get their heads shaved in to a spider web or the likes and we certainly did not feel the need to have a tattoo!

Come on Club Aida, sort it out....it was great before!

Room Tip: There is no best room - you will experience noise at all levels
5  Thank welovefrance22
Reviewed 27 August 2011

Just returned from Aida after a two week holiday, had a wonderful time there. The staff and entertainment team were excellent and couldn't do enough for you. The cleaning staff were also very good and did a great job.
When we first arrived our room had been over booked and we had to stay in a temporary room for one night and was offered a choice of several rooms the following day, plus free breakfast and free Turkish Night which was really good. I have no complaints at all. The only thing I would do next time is to ask for a room away from the pool area as it is quite noisey which is to be expected and understandable.
Otherwise a wonderfully faultless holiday. Boat trip enjoyed twice, and the harbour is absolutely gorgeous apart from the cost of the restaurants up that end. Thank you Club Aida and see you next year.

1  Thank wendy T