“SMALL FRIENDLY HANI HOTEL”
Review of Hani Hotel

Hani Hotel
Ranked #12 of 79 Marmaris B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 September 2011

Spent one week at Hani Boutique Hotel with other half Hobbsy 1.1 (1.1 after Obzy the previous reviewer who was there just before us cos we refused to accept Hobbsy number 2) lol.
Night of arrival were put in a room which was quite small. I couldn't see anywhere to put our clothes. Tom the owners son informed us that it was Ramadam and the hotel was full of Turkish people and we would be moved to a bigger room the next day when they left. This room was small but it was impressive with a full size balcony. No problem we thought, just won't unpack!
Next day as promised we were moved to a larger room. I was surprised when I didn't see any wardrobes just a set of drawers and bedside drawers. I asked where the hanging space was and was shown 3 hooks on the wall. I wasn't exactly impressed as not used to this but it actually worked out okay. Don't think I could have managed tho if we had gone for 2 weeks. This room not quite as immaculate as first room and only had a Juliet balcony but still of a good standard. We had no option but to have aircon (£4/day) because it was so hot. Unfortunately we did not have the benefit of it for 2 days because of a fault. An engineer was called out but made no difference. The heat was so unbearable it meant yet another room move, this time having to lug everything upstairs again!! Imagine how hot and bothered I had become!!! I needed the aircon to chill me out. I think Murat who is lovely was scared of me by this time, lol.
Again this room was clean but there were wires hanging out of the wall and the shower cubicle was not as clean. Despite this I still considered it to be of quite a good standard.
We didn't spend a lot of time at the hotel as we had family staying in a nearby hotel so spent a lot of time elsewhere. However, whenever we returned we always had a drink in the bar and a chat to Tom and his dad if he was there. They were so friendly but at the same time just let us get on with our holiday without any of the usual hassle.
This was a completely different type of hotel to the ones we are used to going to as we like big pools with activities going on but we thought it was a great base for our holiday.
On our last day we were not being picked up until 7.30 pm and when I asked Tom what time we had to vacate our room he told us we could keep it on until we left to make up for the problems we had initially. It was refreshing not having to ask for something to make up for the problems and we were satisfied with this.
I think we were just a little unlucky with the issues we had but it would not stop us returning to this friendly hotel which is in a great location just off the main road and close to all the shops/bars and beach.
Maybe see you again one day Tom, Murat and Papa

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank daftjock

Reviewed 8 September 2011

Big hotels are fantastic aren’t they? You get huge rooms with lots of space, massive pools and hundreds of Sunbeds just waiting for you to choose from, then there’s the endless amounts of food, loads of facilities, amazing entertainment at night, etc, etc.

Well actually big hotels aren’t even close to being fantastic, the rooms are never as big as they look, the pool is always crammed with unattended kids running riot, there’s huge queues when you want to get a drink never mind an actual meal and all the facilities cost a fortune. And as for the Sunbeds, you could stay awake all night and have 50 towels to put out but you STILL wouldn’t get one!

So let’s talk about the Hani Hotel, I last stayed here about 6 years ago and back then it was a basic down to earth hotel with not a lot to offer in facilities, the pool is very small and the kids pool is so tiny that nobody used it. It was tired, dated, even old fashioned but people stayed there because it has a brilliant location and a special something that I will come back to later.
There’s a new owner now in town by the name of Tom and WOW! Things at the Hani have changed very much for the better with a new bar, new rooms and bathrooms with everything modern, fresh, clean and comfortable. What has been achieved already is amazing, this once worn out 22 room hotel which you’d only use as a base is now a place where you want to stay and spend some time be it around the pool, the bar and now to eat too because the new Cook is really, really good.

So yes, the pool is small, the rooms aren’t the biggest and there are a few rough edges here so there’s still work to be done but very quickly you’ll forget all about that because the Hani has something that all other big, flashy hotels would die for and that is a mountain of charm.
Within a couple of days you will know everyone in the hotel, not just Tom but his wife Sevtap, the bar staff, the Cook, all the other guests and even the Maid! After a long day on the beach or a boat trip you walk back into the Hani and it feels like walking into your home, there’s no show, no pretence, is casual, relaxed, fun and a fantastic place to unwind. There’s just a friendly warm atmosphere so you will want to sit at the bar and chat to everyone.

Read the reviews on trip Advisor about OTHER hotels in Marmaris, you will hear complaints about being questioned where they are going, pressure to eat in the Hotel, pushy and suggestive waiters, etc and you will get none of this here, you can come and go as you please with absolutely no hassle.
This is how a Hotel should be, this is how you should want to spend your holiday instead of getting stressed out in queues for food in vast hotels where your just another guest who the waiters don’t know.

I have been to Marmaris so many times I’ve almost lost count, I’ve stayed in over 15 Hotels including many of the 5 Star Hotels and now I would honestly would rather stay at the Hani hotel than any of these, this is the type of holiday Hotel that I want to stay in.

A word of warning! Do not get confused and book the Han Palace by mistake because that’s a completely different and unconnected Hotel just across the road making the confusion even worse.
Be sure it's the Hani Hotel, it’s just a great place to spend your holiday and you will love it, so much so that you’ll come back on here to tell me I was right.

Go on then, now tell me I was right : )

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
10  Thank Obzi
Reviewed 20 August 2011

In May 2011 i decided to go to Turkey to celebrate my birthday and going on the reccomendation of the Hani Hotel from another friend i decided to go and stay there.I stayed in may for 2wks with my sister and met Tom , Sevtap and Toms mum who was such a nice lady.This family run hotel has got to be the best in the area , only a stone through away from the beach, all the shops and restaurants are near by but the beauty of it all the Hani Hotel which consists of 22 rooms are all clean , tidy and decorated to high standard.
The hotel does do a mean mexican steak !!!!! i think i was going to turn into a steak various different steaks on offer at a gr8 price and the meal portions are gr8.

I loved this hotel that much due to the family hospitality i returned again in june 2011 with my family and now again i will return in septemer for a further 3weeks .this hotel is now like home from home for me ......Dont miss out trying this hotel , gr8 value for money and every-one is very helpful & nothing is a problem .

CHRISTINE- Scotland

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank christine l
Reviewed 27 June 2011

Booked last minute was unsure as would normally hoilday in resort style hotels. The holiday was made by the family who run the hotel Tom and wife and dsd luke who find nothing is too much trouble they make you feel safe and welcome at all times .We arrived early hours of morning hungry as flight had no food supply probs with supplier Tom arraged for us to eat a light meal and Chef awoke to cook for us . Rooms were spotless as were all areas of hotel , Location was quiet but central 5 mins to beach shops restaurants. We eat at the hotel and meals surpassed any we had at other restaurants in resort compliments to Chef . W e met great people and enjoyed ourselves thoroughly cant wait to go back soon saving up now

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank coleshaun
Reviewed 3 June 2011

Stopped for a week with my wife-we booked last minute thought that for the price it was CHEAP it'd be crap.It was fantastic-absolute value for money.Hotel is one street back from the beach (5 minute walk-honest),supermarket a minute away bars near beach so close by.Hotel is small 22 rooms so you get looked after 1 on 1 one very personnel service absolutely nothing is a problem only 4/5 staff 24 hours a day-the staff and TOM the owner talk to you because they want to not because they feel they have to as in other places where they want your money not your time.Rooms cleaned and towels changed everyday not as in other places.TOM the owner is from belguim with turkish wife and turkish staff so no problem with the language barrier.TOM is a great and funny guy running a class hotel

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple