4,482 results
All reviews harmony bar relax pool breeze bar activity pool golf buggies imperial hotel purple turtle beach bar buggy service cat cafe blue cruise magic life water taxi main restaurant african acrobats turkish a la carte drifters tribute
Reviewed 9 November 2018

Arrived late evening at the Hotel and found the "grab & go" food and drinks very welcoming. It was dark when we got to our room so it was morning when we were greeted with a fantastic view of the marina, sea and mountains.
We found our way to the restaurant, via 106 steps - going up & down every day certainly helped keep us fit! However, it was well worth it as we were greeted by really friendly staff, a good selection of food and tasty freshly cooked omletted provided by Mustafa who always had a cheerful greeting (and sense of humour).
Lunch and dinner were equally enjoyable and we must make special mention of the great service from Kaan and Mahmut. Sadly, Kaan will not be there next year as he has to join the army (National service).
During the day, we found the "relaxing pool" with sunbeds to spare and drinks served by Serpil, so could read or sleep as well as drinking.
There were plenty of daytime activities, the star being Mette with the archery, and he also provided a great disco in the evenings. Getting into Marmaris was so easy, the minibus stops at the hotel gates and drops you in the Square in Marmaris, all for 50p. The Turtle Bar, over the sea, should not be missed, especially when the saxophonist or string duet are playing.
The evening entertainment was a pleasant surprise and much better than in many hotels. The stars were Rainbowclassicx and the Drifters tribute, the Golden Tones, on Saturdays. The only let down was the drinks - the cocktails had little taste and mixers seemed so weak they drowned the spirits.
Although it was not the fault of the hotel, travelling with TUI was a nightmare and it seems that booking seats on the plane is a waste of money - but that is another story.

2  Thank toyota1330
GM-tthotels, General Manager at TUI BLUE Marmaris, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Toyota1330 - So many of our guests are pleasantly surprised when they wake up after a late arrival, throw back the curtains and are greeted with a fantastic view of the bay or mountains and it's great to read that you were also very happy with the view from your room.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your holiday with us, thank you very much for your enthusiastic review and do hope you will come and stay with us again.

Reviewed 7 November 2018

Stayed here for a week in October. Beautiful setting. Great staff. Good food. Fab entertainment( jersey boys were outstanding) .Tried a few of the available activities which were brilliant too. Special mention to Ella for our "yoga by sunset." Took a dolmus into marmaris for some bargains to take home. Purple turtle is a great spot to enjoy your lunch. A great holiday.
Just a quick tip if I were to return is to take a travel iron with you. There is a laundry room in which you could use an iron but it is quite a trek if ur on the hillside.

2  Thank Josemalosey
GM-tthotels, General Manager at TUI BLUE Marmaris, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2018

Dear Josemalosey - I am delighted to read that you had a great stay with us and enjoyed the entertainment, activities and food.

Thank you very much for your fabulous review - we all hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 6 November 2018

Our first time in Turkey, this hotel was lovely. We were made welcome from the minute we arrived. All the rooms (in blocks of four) were placed throughout the hillside and surrounded by pine trees. Rooms were a nice size and extremely comfy, with balcony. Although we were along one of the lower levels, we had a lovely sea view across the bay and marina opposite and fabulous sunsets. Access to the rooms up the hillside can be reached by the luxury of traveling in a small golf buggy if you didn’t fancy the walk. Two pools with ample sun beds, however we spent our days lazing down on the beach.
There was plenty of choice of food in the restaurants, and catered for all. Always a wide selection available whether it was breakfast, lunch or dinner. The purple turtle was also a nice place to have lunch, it was nice to have a waiter service here. All staff in both the restaurant or purple turtle were very attentive. There was also extra snacks available in reception if you were still hungry once the restaurants had finished serving. This facility was really welcoming on arrival as we arrived just after midnight. Staff that were checking us out at the end of our holiday also made sure we had adequate snacks and water for our journey to the airport. If you wanted to be active there was lots going on, the archery was great fun and Mete was encouraging and cheered everyone one irrespective of whether we hit the target or not. The small gym was adequate with nice equipment. It was lovely having a couple of yoga sessions in the warm sunshine.
The entertainment which varied every night was a pleasant end to the day, the three singers from South Africa were amazing.
Getting into Marmaris was either by a small ferry or small bus - ferry trip cost 7€ return, this was a lovely trip across the bay and took about 30 mins. Bus was only a few lira and left from the main gates.
Overall we had a great week, and will definitely return.

Room tip: Majority of rooms have sea/bay views.
6  Thank heatherW946
GM-tthotels, General Manager at TUI BLUE Marmaris, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2018

Dear Heather W - thank you for your complimentary review.

It is a joy for us all to know you received a warm welcome for your first visit to our wonderful country and that you had a great holiday with us.

We hope to see you again on your next visit.

Reviewed 6 November 2018 via mobile

I spent 2 weeks there. I think the ground is amazing, there are almost like bungalow style rooms. We stayed in the small house with 4 rooms. I haven't seen the neighbours, only heard them on the terrace. We were lucky to get room with no stairs passing and seaview. Rooms were clean and beds super comfortable. You have coffee and tea facilities and bottled water as many as you want. Hotel is situated on the hill, so be prepared for walking and climbing the stairs. I love the hotel is in the forest with gorgeous views. There is plenty of sunbeds and sea is very clear with lots of fish, we saw a huge turtle one day in the afternoon. It was amazing to snorkel next to him. I took advantage of the fitness classes on the platform next to the sea. I really enjoyed pilates and yoga with Ella. It was so relaxing to do yoga when the sun was going down behind mountain. I used fitness platform to do my workout before breakfast. There is nice gym near the sea as well, all glass so you can see outside. You should try water jogging as it is good fun. There is water sports station and you can go kayaking one hour per day complimentary. I think the food was the best I have seen ever in all inclusive. Just Wow! I'm pescatarian so I was looking for something to cater for me and I was not disappointed. I had plenty of choice of fresh grilled fish - sea bass was my favourite. Please don't start me on desserts, cos I had to stop myself. I had my plant based milk and even blended smoothie in the morning. Staff will make you spoiled and I work in the hotel in London. I was impressed, big congrats on that from management. Thank you Bayram, Civan, Ali, Mete and many others
for your hospitality. I know the price is a bit bigger, than you would expect from Turkey but you will see it worth to pay it. I have met people coming back there 6 , 7 times. I went for bike tour which was great. Guide was very good and he was patient with me trying to work out gears in the bike( my buttie haven't seen bike since late teens ). It's worth to go for the views and catch some tan. This is great hotel and deserves high prises. Thank you!

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Agnesess_7

Dear Agnesess_7 - It was lovely to read your review and learn that you had a beautiful holiday with us.

Thank you so much for your fabulous feedback, we are all pleased that you were happy with the service from the staff and so hope you will come and stay with us again.

Reviewed 5 November 2018 via mobile

It is a lovely relaxing resort and superb value. It is so quiet with all the villas in amongst the trees and the only sound is golf carts and birds.

Every villa has a nice view with none looking into a car park or bin storage. Some views may only be of the trees. Don’t assume that a high up one will have better views. I walked to the top to check and they didn’t.

Trying to cover things not mentioned before:
The WiFi signal is strong and fast throughout the whole site which was fantastic.

The free safe and free use of beach towels were really nice touches.

The relax pool is mainly shade in October. Not many loungers have sun all day there. I loved it. It was so quiet the only sound was snoring from other guests! It was in a great location for the purple turtle and the main restaurant.

It’s easy to get a sunlounger at any time of the day anywhere in the resort in October. Sunny ones get taken by 11am in October. It’s nice to be able to come down at 9am and still get a sun lounger that gets sun. They are nicely spread out also so you aren’t all on top of each other.

You never feel like this is a busy hotel anywhere. The bars there never had a queue of more than a couple of people.
The coke was branded as was the tonic. For food we loved the Purple Turtle and ate here most days. The staff were efficient and hard working and the location is lovely.

The free activities included archery. METE was the star of this. The guy is just superb. He is friendly, kind, funny and just the nicest member of staff we encountered. He had so much energy and was cheery and approachable. Such a good man and a real credit to the staff here. He really is 5* in his attitude and care for everyone.
There is no limit to how many times you can do archery. It’s on twice a day most days.

Fitness Maureen was also very good. She did the aqua classes and the classes with the outside fitness equipment.

Ella who did the yoga and Pilates was also really nice. Encouraging and great for complete beginners. The app was glitchy and would say the yoga class was full when it wasn’t. She told us to just turn up.

Improvements needed would be the temperature of the food. The majority of the food in the restaurant which was supposed to be hot, was luke warm. I tried to eat from the large frying pan most days to get hot food. But the rice and other dishes all around that were designed to be hot were sadly far from it. The quality was good, the temperature was not.
The quesadillas were delicious and hot, and these with different fillings most days would be amazing.
Also the golf buggies go at speed and not always with accuracy.

Levante - avoid this, it’s 1/10 at best. Or if you don’t believe me, book the earlier sitting at 7pm so you can head down to the normal restaurant below to eat afterwards. We didn’t realise how bad it would be - based on the standards everywhere else, and went for the later sitting. The waiters are amazing and running around working hard trying to serve everyone. But the food is also cold/luke warm, add in small portions and not great flavour/texture means it was pretty awful.
The ice cream pudding was from as the main restaurant downstairs but in levante you couldn’t pick the flavour. The atmosphere is lacking and the lighting is so white and bright it was horrible. Genuinely I was starving after eating here and I went to bed hungry for the only day of the holiday. I would not recommend it. Other people said the same.

We went out one night to a restaurant in marmaris. It cost us approximately £1 return for the bus (it collects you from the security hut at the hotel entrance) and the 3 course meal was £7 each and that included meat and a beer. So take a bus out to town and have a nice authentic, meal for only a few pounds, if you want a change to the normal restaurant.

Overall the resort is excellent value for money. It’s very clean, quiet and completely relaxing.

Take comfy shoes. My heels remained in the room as the pavements are uneven and the walkways are steep. This wasn’t an issue. Also pack a hair dryer. Theirs is fine for v short hair but no good for a proper hair dry of medium length hair. I regret not taking one. It failed to ever dry my hair properly as it smelt of burning after too much use. The beds are comfortable and large. The walls are thin and you can hear every word your neighbours say, so also take ear plugs.

We want to come back, and we don’t often say that. For what you get for the cost, it is unbeatable.

The staff are a total credit to the manager. They are all hard working, efficient and happy.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
6  Thank 1nmyopinion
GM-tthotels, General Manager at TUI BLUE Marmaris, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2018

Dear 1nmyopinion, thank you for taking the time to post your review and share your thoughts on your recent holiday. It is rewarding to read your positive feedback regarding the great service of our staff and the spacious location of the hotel.

Our chefs regularly monitor the temperature of the food in the cooking stations which has to conform to health and safety standards. I am sorry to learn you were disappointed with your experience in the a la carte restaurant and felt that the portions were small and not to your liking. We hope that on your return visit you will enjoy your a la carte evening more.

Thank you for your kind comments and we do look forward to welcoming you again next year.