See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I've been Turkey twice and hated it both times. The only thing thats good is the weather, and excursions and trips, The turks are very perverted and only interested in your english money. Very sleazy and arrogant people. i stayed in club kocer, i paid extra for ground rooms as i had 2 children. upon arriving i was given the attic room, which is literally walking up and down 10 flights of stairs. extremely annoyed as i had booked for 2 weeks, had a nine month old baby and 2 and half year old son. i refused to £50 air con upon arriving and went and bought a fan for £15. Went out for day on arriving back my fan was removed, and a new sign placed in reception saying fans will be confiscated. i was angry in the fact i needed this for my baby, as whether was very hot. The fact that cleaners had snooped through my belongings for the fan in the first place, As there was rumours that peoples belonging where going out of their rooms, and cleaners where always very shifty, one keeping a look out from the top of the stairs and would shout the other cleaner if someone was coming. we caught them doing this a few times as the rooms where cleaned on a daily basis. i demanded my fan back which this said i had to £25 for aircon, which i did but i wasn't paying it for 2 weeks. as they also required deposits for kettle & tv remote. so your money was going before the holiday had begun. Always check when exchanging money because turk palm the money and short change you, even the ones with cameras above their heads. This happened to us both times going turkey, not just a few quid but about 50 lira which is about £20 a time. I went for a turkish bath and it was the most uncomfortable experience of my life. it was supposed to be a birthday treat. arranged for the bus to pick me up, and i was alone going in the middle of knowhere outside marmaris. upon arriving to another hotel, i was greet, and seemed all fine, then when comes to the massage a turk was just in his towel and started kissing my neck massaging me, i said what the hell are you doin, which he apologised. that was enough for me, i just wanted to leave. i've had so many bad experiences with Turkey i don't think i would ever go back there in hurry. you read it all in take a break and thats exactly how it is.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Sonya G
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We were in Marmaris at a wedding and the brothers of the groom worked their so we were very well treated as it appeared every one was. The manager Dr Mehmet was great nothing was to much trouble. The food is average but the service and atmosphere is great

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank stewartdick
Reviewed 23 January 2014

I stayed in the Kocer at the back end off 2011 and enjoyed it. Its run by some friendly/trustworthy staff who have the time to help you with any problems that could occur. The apartments are located close to the coast where the beach, shops and bars are. Full of relaxation through the day with music and good service. Despite the rooms only being basic, their spotless with the cleaners doing a job every other day giving you the decision whether you want the room doing or not. Despite it being located in a busy area, its very peaceful and quiet during the night. Saying that I went in off-peak season so I'm not sure what'll it be like in the summer time. A bar that I was fond of close by is the "Aussie bar" served decent meals with good value through the day and good entertainment on the night. Bar street is about 20-25 minute walk which looked liked it would be a great night in peak-season time.

However there is some downsides to these apartments.

1. The food aint good. I recommend you go to a restaurant for your meals

2. A few problems with the shower during our stay

3. The noise first thing in the morning with a school nearby (Not good with a hangover)

4. The Pool was ice cold and was abit dirty

But with the value I got with this holiday it was definitely worth it

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Tom B
Reviewed 21 January 2014

**Stayed here a couple of years ago - won't let me select an option that far back - so things may have changed since my review!**

This is one of my favourite hotels I've stayed at!! Stayed here on my first visit to Turkey and didn't know what to expect, but this hotel exceeded expectations. There was a great atmosphere about the place. A good mix of people, families, couples, groups of friends etc. The location is great - right in the middle of everything. Just accross the street from the Aussie Bar. Never had trouble getting to sleep.

The rooms were clean, basic, but just what you needed. A good base to stay. The staff were friendly and didn't harrass you. We found the manager always made the effort to speak to the guests too which in my opinion is a good sign.

Only tried the food once which was breakfast, not great but not bad either - for the price it was you can't complain. Overall I would definitely recommend and I would love to go back!!

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Rebecca L
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Stayed at the Kocer Apartments in July 2013, in the attic room, The ceilings were low, but the apartments were clean spacious and in good condition. views were fab and a lovely cool breeze went right through the apartment.
Maids were excellent and all the staff were so helpful, entertainment was excellent and there was always something going on, excellent for couples and families.
the breakfasts were incredible for money and food was cheap and hot, except the chicken burgers which were grey.
The shop attached to apartments were very cheap and really helpful. beds hard so buy a lilo then you will sleep like a baby.
It was a fantastic holiday, reviews of apartments were poor at the end of the day for a budget apartment they were fantastic, ive stayed in 3-4 star hotels before which weren't up to the standard of the Kocer.Apartments.
where we stayed was quite but I understand the other side of the complex was noisy till quite late, but the staff tried to accommodate their guests very well.
Well recommended will defiantly return soon.

Room Tip: if your tall avoid the attic rooms, but if you don't mind dogging the ceilings you will get a lovely breeze through apartmenr
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family