“BOOK IT NOW”

SunConnect Grand Ideal Premium
Ranked #16 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Reviewed 2 April 2012

Hi all Myself and my family stayed here in August 2011, my 2 children said and keep saying it was the best holiday they had ever had. Do not listen to all the moaning people on here it really is a fantastic hotel, as soon as you pull up outside the hotel you get a wow factor and it continue`s through out your stay. The staff are very friendly especially Scott and Ibrahim.
Food is first class and never ending !! Very close to beach which has free sunbeds and drinks.
Get To Turkey>>> Go To Hotel Grand Ideal Premium >> And have a brill holiday......

Room Tip: All noise stops at 12pm.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
7  Thank Yug5858
melihbas, Public Relations Manager at SunConnect Grand Ideal Premium, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2012

Firstly I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your Ideal experience with others on the Tripadvisor Website. We would also like to thank you for your kind comments regarding the Hotel, its staff and facilities. We look forward to welcoming you once again in the future.
Thank you for choosing Grand Ideal Premium for your holiday.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 26 February 2012

I'm afraid to say our experience at this hotel wasn't good.
Me and my boyfriend were looking for a nice relaxing holiday in April to a country with good weather that wasn't too expensive. We looked on Thomas Cook's website and came across Grand Ideal Premium and were very excited as it looked so 'grand'. Unfortunately it isn't what the name says.
Admittedly, the entrance to the hotel was very striking and made us feel safe with security men on the doors. Reception staff were lovely and welcoming- a great start until we had spent some time and a night in our room!
In the bathroom, the shower didn't let the water out of the plug hole, the taps dripped constantly, the toilet didn't feel stable to sit on and when next door showered- our shower started too!! The beds were extremely hard and the pillows had no give in them so made for 7 very uncomfortable nights! The balcony rails had mould on them resulting in a lot of my wardrobe having to be binned after hanging them to dry!!
The food was very repetitive with the same meals every lunchtime and not much variation for breakfast and dinner!
Very decent size out door pool, however the indoor pool was not in an acceptable state!! Working at a leisure centre, I know how a pool should be maintained and we would be shut down if our pool was a grimy and highly chlorinated as this one!!
I would highly recommend a trip to the spa- we got a great package on a turkish bath, bronzing massage & face mask.
Overall for us, Turkey was more terrifying than relaxing with horrendous road works being carried out on the only main road into Marmaris, being constantly hassled by con men and a disappointing stay at the Grand Ideal Premium.
Perhaps we came at the wrong time but we have definitely been put off Turkey (and this hotel!) for good!!
Tip: McDonalds is a short walk away- fantastic to get a change of food!!

Room Tip: Avoid staying here!! Pay the extra for a better hotel!!
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
18  Thank Em-J92

Firstly I would like to thank you for your review.

In your review you have mentioned that you experienced several maintenance issues in the room. The Hotel offers a fully manned 24 hour Reception and a 12 hour Guest Relation service, alternatively there are daily visits from the Tour Operator Representative, had these issues been reported to them, they would have been dealt with immediately by our Technical Team as guest comfort is a priority to us. The Hotel also prides itself on its Housekeeping Team and are constantly complimented on the attention to detail shown, therefore, again, if any issues had been raised with Reception or Guest Relations or the Rep, they would have been dealt with immediately.

We have guests of varying nationalities in the Hotel and look to cater for all, therefore our Breakfast Buffet consists of various breads for toasting, a variety of jams and marmalades, fresh fruit and cheeses, yoghurts and cereals as well as eggs (scrambled, boiled or fried) beans, grilled tomatoes, potato wedges,toasted sandwiches, danish pastries, freshly cooked pancakes and waffles. The lunch time snack bar offers freshly coked pizzas, burgers, kebabs, chips, potato croquettes, pasta and sauce as well as a range of salads and fresh fruit. Alternatively, the Four Seasons lunch restaurant offers hot soup, varying meat and vegetable dishes, a full range of salads and fresh fruit and desserts. The evening Diva Restaurant then offers various hot soups, meat dishes such as chicken, turkey, lamb and beef and a range of fresh fish dishes, with a different dish being presented on the show grill each evening, vegetables, potatoes and chips, a full salad range, fresh fruit and various desserts. We also pride ourselves on presenting some Turkish cuisine for guests to enjoy.

The water in the indoor pool is cleaned using an advanced water filration system. The Ozone Water Purification System, it is then chlorinated using an automatic dosage system. The water in the pool is then checked and recorded three times per day by our Technical Team and also once per day by the consultant from Johnson & Diversay which forms part of the monthly HACCP inspection, controlled and monitored by National Britannia of which we are proud to have been awrded a Gold certificate due to our standards.

I hope the above information satifies your review and we, as the Ideal Team look forward to welcoming you to our Hotel once again.

Reviewed 7 February 2012

It was mine and my partners first time in Turkey, on arrival the trip into marmaris was daunting, and i prejudged and decided from the moment i got onto the bus i hated it. However we stopped off at a sort of layby with toilets, food and soups. OMG food was amazing, things started to look up, the place was in the middle of nowhere and served so promptly, enough time to eat and get back on the bus. When we arrived at our hotel we were shocked, some reviews had slated it and others were very welcoming. The reception is grand and luxurious and the staff were their to greet us and take our luggage to our rooms. The room was simple and modern but didnt lack the 4* standard. Although our view wasnt great, we didnt bother, as you do not go on holiday to sit in a room! The buffet restaurant was good for those who are not fussy eaters, however for fussy eaters like myself you wouldnt starve! The service caught me by surprise, working in 4* hotels in Scotland, these people put us to shame, they were right their to bring you a refill or take your plate. I saw one guy running with a tray of drinks and didnt spill a bit. Its hard to get people over hear just to take your order never mind run for you. Staff were just simply all round lovely. Always happy to help. Maids were great too, everyday at the same time they were there and couldnt have done a better job. Entertainment at night was just your average shows but nevertheless it was still good for relaxing too and having a good laugh. One tip i would give is try out the spa, we went met up with a turkish couple that we knew and they had told us about the baths, i was put off by sharing with different people and paying through the roof, so we opted for the spas own. AMAZING, service was amazing, me and my partner both had massages at the same time and had the whole turkish bath experience, a little boy working for the hotel kindly took photos of us the whole time, you would not get that anywhere else, and its something i now have on camera and not just a memory!
So all round the hotel was perfect, clean, lovely, great food, great staff. Couldnt have asked for anything more.

One tip if your going to do any of the sights, go on the dolphin trip, i was totaly shocked, i thought we were just going on a boat ride (lovely boat, not an old one you see docked, totaly modern speed boat). Complimentary drink too, not draft but cans. Anyway, after an hour or so seeing the sights and caves, we arrived at the dolphin park. I have been to florida and still didnt see dolphin so up close without paying through the roof. We sat and were allowed to watch other couples swim with. Best deal for getting to see dolphins up close. If you decide to go back and swim with dolphins not as dear as anywhere else and would totaly recommend it, people looked like they had a great time and we had a great time watching from a metre away and no less.

I came back home and refused to go out for dinner because the food and quality would match up. We ate out every night and lunch time and i can honestly say everywhere we ate was worth it and underpriced for what you get. At the marina, lovely restaurant called Amigos.
Food was superb, went twice, and on our last night we were treated like kings. It had been raining that day so was slightly cold the Matree d' came and gave me a shawl, walked by our table randomly picked up my camera and took a picture of us - so refreshing not having to ask anyone. And the filet steak - a standard - was perfection.
Dont be put off by the guys trying to get you into their restaurants, its their job at the end of the day like we have ours, dont feel pressured, but time and manners cost nothing.

Overall a fantastic holiday made even better by the friendliness of the people/staff.

Room Tip: If you want anything in particular ask, we asked for a double bed and got one.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
20  Thank Claire D
melihbas, Public Relations Manager at SunConnect Grand Ideal Premium, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2012

Firstly, I would like to thank you for posting your holiday review on the tripadvisor website.
I am very happy to read that you have enjoyed your first visit to Turkey and have chosen our Hotel. It pleases me to read that you have enjoyed the hospitality of the Hotel from the welcome at check-in and the bell-boy and reception service to the maid service and house-keeping. I am also happy to read to read that you have enjoyed the service received in the restaurants and have also enjoyed the variety of food served in them. I do hope that we will be able to welcome you once again to our Hotel and on behalf of the Ideal team, would like to thank you for choosing Grand Ideal Premium for your holiday.

Reviewed 27 January 2012

considering i did,nt want 2 go 2 turkey it was the best holiday we,ve had .excellent hotel + staff first time been 2 turkey,cannot fault the hotel or its staff our room was excellent & cleaned every day ,spotless.we went 2nd 2weeks of sept. food great u can get food 24 hours a day.tania who is there 2 help custormers was great she was so helpfull also she was always there 2 sort any problems out 4 u,also 4 a natter with she was great. the photogragher there erik is very nice he does,nt hassle u 2 have photos but his photos r excellent we bought a full set. were going back in sept 2012 cant wait. look forward 2 seeing u all. marmaris is just a small bus ride away or u can walk it in 15mins.

Room Tip: we always ask 4 a pool view
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Hullhelen

Thank you for posting your Ideal holiday experience on the tripadvisor website. It pleases me to read that you have enjoyed the hospitality of the Hotel from the warm and friendly welcome from the staff at check-in, the maid service in the room and the variety of the food served in the restaurants. The Hotel offers a Guest Relation service and I am pleased to read that you have enjoyed this service as well as having happy holiday memories recorded by the photographer in the Hotel. I would like to thank you for choosing Grand Ideal Premium and look forward to welcoming you once again in September 2012.

Reviewed 25 January 2012

This was our first trip to Turkey and we stayed at this hotel end August/beginning September for 2 weeks.

The hotel is spotlessly clean, modern and in a great location - far enough away from Marmaris centre to be relatively quiet but close enough for it to be reachable easily using the little dolmus buses (great fun). We had a great time and I would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone going to Marmaris but it depends what you want from your holiday and what your expectations are.

I would say that as a family we are fairly laid back and easy to please. We don't want to stay in one of the huge hotels with multiple restaurants and facilities galore because they are always stuck in the middle of nowhere. We like to be able to go out of the hotel during the evening for a wander around the shops, maybe stop for a drink or two at a bar and have a few meals out of the hotel. With this in mind we know that the type of hotel which suits our location needs, is going to be smaller, have a lower 'star rating' and will probably just have one restaurant. It is therefore pretty obvious that if you eat 3 or 4 meals per day for 14 days/nights in the same place it is going to become 'samey'. Some people like this, some don't and if you don't, go somewhere bigger with different restaurants! The food at the Grand Ideal is fine - it's not a gourmet experience but I never thought it would be and I'm a fussy eater. The breakfasts are great and there is plenty of choice at lunchtime in the restaurant (If you eat at the snackbar by the pool it is more pizza and chippy). Loads of salads, pasta and fresh fruit at all times. Eating out is very cheap and we had some lovely meals. Go into Marmaris, to some of the small back streets behind the huge bazaar and you will find some lovely little restaurants full of turkish people dining out - excellent food, v cheap.

Our daughter was 13 at the time and had no need of a kids club or 'kid' facilities so I can't comment on them. What I will say is that it looked like a real bunfight to get the sunbeds around the children's pool area and I was relieved we didn't need to do that. There is no children's entertainment or club either, so if this is what you want/need don't come to this hotel.

We found the hotel staff were very friendly, polite and with excellent english. There is only one bar at the pool and yes, it does get busy. Try a 'please' and 'thank you' in turkish, it has great results! The early morning dash for sunbeds was a pain but unfortunately it goes on at all the hotels and is no different here. We went to the beach quite a bit and went on the 'free' beaches with sunbeds (15 minute walk to Ideal Pearl beach too far!). The beaches are quite narrow but the sea is beautifully clear and the beaches don't tend to get particularly crowded as everyone is fighting for sunbeds around their hotel pools!

I would highly recommend taking a boat trip - fab scenery, lunch a bit dodgy but edible but well worth the lovely day on the sea including 'swimming stops'. The little water taxi over to Icmeler is great (we went in the morning, spent the day on the beach and returned in the evening) and most definately take the dolmus into Marmaris to visit the bazaar. We had a walk along the long promenade each evening - you can walk into Marmaris if you want but it is quite a trek on foot - and you will notice that as you get closer to the town itself that the hotels and bars get noisier and noisier. Be very glad that the Grand Ideal is situated where it is!

If I was going to gripe about anything it would be the 'entertainment' (and I use the term loosely) although in the end we decided it was so bad it was funny; and the lift. Painfully slow, never came when it was called. We gave up in the end and just used the stairs (we were on the 4th floor, lovely sea view). If I had a pushchair and a small child I would have been pretty hacked off but as it is I don't anymore so we just used the stairs - great going down, hard work going up!

We enjoyed Marmaris very much as a resort (glad to be at the comparatively quiet end) and found it to be a very busy, lively place. We love getting out of our hotel of an evening for a wander around, drink or meal out, bit of shopping and this hotel is perfect for this. If you are expecting proper 5 star perfection, fluffy towels, a waiter behind every umberella and gourmet food, then this is not the place for you. If you want somewhere well located, spotlessly clean with friendly staff and more than adequate food, then this place will suit you.

Room Tip: room with a sea view
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
15  Thank Poppy49Reading

Thank you for your review posted on the tripadvisor website.
I am happy to read that you have experienced the hospitality of the Hotel and the friendliness of the staff, I would also like to thank you for your appreciation of the cleanliness of the Hotel and of the house-keeping team. I would like to thank you for choosing Grand Ideal Premium for your first holiday experience to Turkey and I hope that we will be able to welcome you and your family again in the future.