“I can’t understand the high ratings, please read!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Cettia Apart Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Marmaris
Cettia Apart Hotel
Ranked #3 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“I can’t understand the high ratings, please read!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2011

I have just returned from a week at the Cettia (6th-13th Oct). We booked this hotel a week before travelling through Thomascook.com, when we looked this was coming up as a Thomascook best seller and also rated 5 out of 300+ hotels in Marmaris, we thought well you can't go wrong with that, turns out you can.
Let me say that I always read people's reviews and take a lot into consideration when booking my own holidays as I think they can be very helpful. This is my first review I have written and let me assure you I won't say anything bad about something unless I honestly believe it and want people to know how I felt.

The hotel: when we arrived (2am) we were greeted well, taken to our room by the bell boy who was very helpful and friendly, the reception is very nice and clean, corridors to the rooms are nice, then we entered our room, again these are very good, nice size, well decorated and above all very clean (we even had someone come in and spray the room for bugs one of the days).
The pool area is nice although a bit smaller than we expected, big bar area with lots of table's. The reception is quite a nice place to sit if need be. The Spa is lovely, although the Jacuzzi is cold which was a huge let down! :(

The Staff: I found the bar staff to be very quiet, never very happy and didn't want to really talk or get involved with you, reception staff seemed ok but didn’t really have to much to do with them. The Entertainment team were ok but can't see how people have rated them so highly, nothing special by a long shot.

Entertainment: The daytime entertainment had the usual, darts, pool, football, water polo but there wasn’t a whole lot of effort made to get people involved, well that's how it seemed to me. Evening entertainment was also what you would expect, mini disco for the kids, bingo (this was ok but for the price it cost compared to the prizes given out it was terrible, wonder where the hundreds of Lira went?). Music quizzes which were good fun, raffle’s, they had a few shows on towards the end of the holiday which were excellent, Michael Jackson dancer, bar show, break dancers all great. There was a small pub on site that you could go to after the evening entertainment had finished which had karaoke, but you had to pay for your drinks.

Food/drinks: I am being completely honest here this was the biggest let down and the biggest risk you take when going all-inclusive. For people to say it was fantastic, great etc then I'm sorry but there not the people you want reviewing your food. The choice was small, very very repetitive, and more often than not, not very nice. Now I know this is subjective but my views were shared with all of the six people I sat with each day, some more strongly than others. I tried to give it the benefit of the doubt for the first few days saying it's not to bad, you can eat it, which you can don't get me wrong it's edible but after 4 days I had had enough so I couldn’t give it more than 5/10. On the drinks side of things, all-inclusive finished at 11, on the dot, cocktails aren’t included. Tea, coffee’s, water, juice etc was self service which was good, everything else was at the bar. Beer was nice, spirits were local and would of tasted better if it wasn’t a 50/50 mix but hey I’m not going to moan about that!

Now I think the more you pay the better quality of holiday/resort you’ll get, this is the first time we have gone for a cheap/late all inclusive holiday and to be brutally honest, you get what you pay for. I think if your used to this sort of hotel then you will love it and give it great reviews. I had never been to Turkey before and think the standard as a whole is quite low. If you compare the Cettia to the hotel I stayed at in Cyprus last year there is just no comparison, but that did cost almost double.

I still had a good time, although it rained for 3 days (that can't be helped) but I was just very disappointed with going to such a highly rated hotel and finding out it was no where near.

I'm not someone that will say bad things about somewhere because I personally had a bad time, these are my honest opinions and wanted to share them so you have a heads up before booking it, when you read there is a very high return rate I really struggle to see why, there are a lot better places out there than the Cettia.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
15 Thank Samt94
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
  • Turkish first
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2011

Our 2nd Visit to Cettia,,,back amongst friends,,,Mehmet and all his staff go out of their way to make it a very good holiday,,,so relaxing with no worries at all....
The entertainment again was realy good,,,Ozzie and Cookie doing everything to make for a fun day.....BRILLIANT FUN !!!!
Then theres Thomas,,,the funniest BARMAN u will ever meet.....
The food was fantastic,,,,,,,
The rooms are so clean........
Also on the guest front a large percentage were there last year,,,great company and friendships were formed,,,again,,really good to catch up and will see alot of them next year,,roll on August 2012...
Martin,Samantha and Girls..............

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank Martin C
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2011

Love cettia apartments :) was there in June for 2 weeks and went back in September for a week with my bf. Il not be going anywhere else as this is like a 2nd home and that's thanks to all staff and the cleanliness of the apartments.

Mehmet the manager is a great guy who looks after everyone very well, if you have any problems he'll be sure to sort it.(hi mehmet)

The rooms are cleaned to the highest of standards, towels and all bedding changed every single day, and the room is left spotless.

The staff are all outstanding, you won't see better workers else where. Very friendly and attentive.

Cookie and Ozzy- excellent entertainers,we love them. 2 great guys who work brilliant as a team to make it a fun exciting holiday.you don't need to leave the aparts as food and drink is very cheap and entertainment day and night :)

The pool is good size with a kiddies pool area, and the main pool has a good slide. The food is great, never had a bad meal.

Overall i would highly recommend this apartment to anyone, group holiday, couple, families( you won't be disappointed) and as others have said it's 80% of people who are returning back maybe every year or like us, twice a year, well it says it all really!!Will not be going anywhere else!! Any bad comments I have read I can't understand, you wouldn't get service like that at home!!

Thanks to mehmet and all the staff,for making it such a good holiday again :) we will be back in June for 2 weeks,me Aaron Shannon and Emma, be preparard ;)

• Stayed September 2011
5 Thank Megan-mckee
Exeter, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2011

Booked this Holiday after reading the good reviews on Tripadvisor.
Unfortunately.. I did not rate it as highly as a lot of other visitors who have visited this place.
Please dont get me wrong... the apartment we stayed in was clean and spacious, and the staff were always polite, but the music played all day round the pool area was a bit over the top. Way to loud and no consideration for other guests to enjoy a peaceful lounge around the pool area. Fortunately though, we spent most of the days and nights elsewhere, either sight seeing or on the beach etc.
We went on a Self Catering deal, but as soon as you arrive, they try to upgrade you to All Inclusive or Half Board, but we preffered not to as it worked out a lot cheaper by eating out in the many other Hotels or Resteraunts nearby.
All in all though, and in my honest opinion... If you are on a tight budget and are only looking for a bed for the night and dont mind the noise during the day, then you cannot fault this place.
But there are lots of other Hotels and Apartments offering the same deals as the Cettia which are just as good or if not better for the same price.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank steven570
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2011

We are booking up for next year as we all loved it that much my 2 year old loved all the slides and the entertainment around the pool during the day is fun they really go out ur way to make sure u have a fun time ... We visited the atlantica water park which is right on the beach takes about 20 mins walking time or 5 mins on the quick dolmus buses....the rooms are also clean and towels changed everyday

• Stayed September 2011