All reviewscalis beachnext yearpool table and table tennis tablepool areawater taxigreat holidaycleaned dailybeginning of septemberair condecent hotelmoved roomsother hotelsbars and restaurantslovely little hotelfamily runbar staffthe ground floor
Reviewed 17 June 2011

I havve been staying at the Golden moon since 2005 and i never had a bad holiday there. All the staff can not do enough for you to make sure that your stay is the best. The hotel is in the best location, only a short walk to the front where eerything take place. They also put a Turkish night and threy never fail to please the guest at the hotel. the food at the hotel is excellent and it always really fresh. The rooms have been updated this year and make the hotel look alot better although it doesnt matter what the hotel looks like as the staff at the hotel make the holiday. I would recommend this hotel to everyone it is excellent value for money very clean.You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Turkeylover010388
Reviewed 11 June 2011

Excellent, Excellent, Excellent!!!!!!!!!

I stayed with my partner and my daughter for a week and only just got back.

Free Airconditioning means a great sleep when its hot. Other hotels charge additionally and are dear.

The hotel itself is about 55 minutes away from Dalaman Airport and is often the 1st drop. The hotel is spotlessly clean, lovely gardens, and excellent pool. Its set in an ideal location within walking distance to the Calish beach and main promenade. With our 5 year old it was great and very well appreciated that they cleaned the room, changed bedding (with superb decorative swans, ducks, elephants made from bath towels and rose petals).

Staff are very helpful, warm and welcoming- dressed adequately, with smart appearance. If you are the reserved type then they wont force themselves on to you. If you are the integrating type they will go out of their way to help you out.

Breakfast (Turkish) is fresh, well presented, and from what I understand, that the owners have a separate bit of land where they grow fruits and veg making it totally fresh and very healthy.

Fethiye is within 30 minutes by boat taxi-operating every 30 minutes (costs 5 Liras) or 20 minutes by Dolmush every 5 minutes or so (about 1.50 Lira).

Most guests we came across were repeat customers at Golden Moon who come year after year.

If you are going with kids definitely go to "Annas Restaurant" (Across the bridge, then on the left side of the beach approximately 100 metres). Most people for some reason go on the right. Anna's Restaurant offers excellent value for money "Kids go free of charge". My daughter totally loved fresh fish fingers, nuggets and typical kiddies food. They had clean toilets which says a lot.

I would not go to Calis back easily but if I did I will stay nowhere else but Golden Moon. Calis resort itself does not offer a lot for a family with kids but Golden Moon made our stay very comfortable.

Thanks to Hamza, Ahmet, Sarkhan and the cleaning ladies.

Rakesh, Julie and Tye.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Rakesh-Warrington
Reviewed 6 June 2011

we had a great week the staff were extremley helpfull we stayed half board and the food was very nice both at breakfast and the evening meal,The room was kept very clean and the sheets were changed regulary during our stay , the hotel is only a short walk from the main amenities and beach and water taxis
All the staff were very curtiouse ,pleasent,and made our stay here enjoyable
we would go back to the Golden Moon

Room Tip: best views are rooms at front of hotel
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paul C
Reviewed 28 November 2010

Booked this hotel with travel republic who charged per person including full price for our two year child even though the hotel does not charge for children, A RIP OFF!. On arrival were given a loft room with views if you stood on the bed to peer out of the little windows, and was so small we had to leave our cases in the hall. We asked to be moved, and were promised a room with a balcony. We spoke to the owner who informed us that we had only paid for a promo room, which we were un aware off. In the meantime, they moved us to , what I can only describe as the overflow room on the ground floor besides the mens toilets. Although the room was bigger, they seem to forget we were there and didnt clean the room for three days but did once fling some sort of clean towels on the beds (NO NICE SHAPES HERE!). We asked the guy on receiption many times when we were going to get the promised balcony room, and got the same old answer SOON!. He was a total waste of space, with the customer service skills of Basil Fawlty. We put up with this for six days and booked a taxi to take us to a the harmon hotel which was much better. It cost us £300 to move but it was worth it. I didnt tell the "waste of space" on reception that we had moved, and deceided that I would do so the next day. On returning to the hotel, I went to our room to retrive some small things which we had left turned my key in the door and guess what? I FOUND A COUPLE MAKING LOVE ON THE BED! THEY HAD MOVED PEOPLE INTO OUR ROOM BEFORE WE HAD CHECKED OUT!!!. I didnt bother to look for our stuff. I went to receiption and asked why people were in my room and the "waste of space" said he thought we had left even though we hadnt checked out!, what a prat.
The owner seemed a nice guy but I think greed played a big part in the over booking of this hotel. We were told he was standing for mayor of calis so greed would fit the bill in that postion.
By the way, check to see if ther are any gangster friends of the owner staying from istambul because if so, then you will be treated second class as the staff spend their time creeping around their every whim whilst ignoring you.

Good points are the bar staff are good lads, and the rest of the staff are also good. The breakfast choice is limited but good, and the evening meals although simple are good. The chef knows what he is doing, and runs a clean tight ship.
Not much for the little kids to play on, in fact the play area was full of broken play things and bust inflatables. Got to say the pool was excellent and clean.

Would I stay again?,,, afraid not , this place is let down by lack of attention to the obvious, and empty promises which is a shame because its in a nice spot and could offer so much more.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank Anne p
Reviewed 23 November 2010

Having stayed here 7 times over as many years we would have to say this visit was very poor in comparison. Yes, the location is brilliant and so too is the poolside area, unfortunately the staff have become a right pain in the a**. No longer do they stop and share a conversation or too, they just pester and pester you to eat their evening meal. This was not just occasionally but all the time, and they would even pester you whilst you were relaxing or in obvious conversation . We also struggled for bar service this year, never any bottled beer in fridge, they wanted you to buy their draught Efes which was flat and awful. The higher than average number of young female guests too was and added distraction as the bartenders were attending to there testosterone above other guests, so much so that my husband stuffed a towel up his t shirt to look like a large chest in desperation to be served a drink. Blaring music which we have never encountered here was a pain, yes we live and let live but night club volume even in small doses whilst at poolside was not very relaxing nor pleasant!!! The rooms are in need of a refurbishment, the same bedding, carpets & curtains ect since our first visit 7 years ago.
I wouldn't say its the worst hotel nor is it the best. However, Calis has an abundance of accommodation to suit every pocket and needs, so our advice would be to do a bit of research and shop around. After all you are on holiday and you should feel welcome where ever you stay, sadly we were not at the Golden Moon this time therefore we have booked accommodation elsewhere in Calis for next years visit.
I hope this review will help to make an informed choice for those considering a stay here!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family