See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 August 2015

My husband and I stayed here for a week without the children at the end of october 2014, After reading the reviews I was a little nervous, especially after having a fantastic stay somewhere else in calis in the july. (we are calis fans!)
However we had a pleasant stay, the room was basic, small, traditional style, but clean and comfortable and in a nice location, its in a quiet area, close to the beach and just a short walk down the beach promenade to the shops, busier bars and restaurants.
We appeared to be the only guests during our stay, (end of season) We found the owner to be very approachable, helpful, and a pleasant man, his wife and son were also very friendly and helpful, so we was very surprised by some of the reviews on here!
We stayed on a room only basis so can not comment about the food the hotel serves.
The pool was clean although a little cool-due to the time of year, the grounds were well kept.
Had a very relaxing stay here, which is exactly what we had hoped for!

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 June 2015

Small family-hotel! Very nice place and buildings. Great - but small - pool with sun chairs and a bar. Just across the street from the beach - end of beach-promenade from town. Local small busses just outside the hotel, 5 min drive to town; dirt cheap - or walk in 15min.

This place has the potential to be extremely nice....laying just away from noise and too many tourists, being close enough to everything you need. Local shops (both crafts and groceries) just outside. Great pool and ok food..... But this is where everything takes a turn for the worse....

The owner (or manager; old guy in charge!) is a pest!!! As many others state...and I didn't believe them at first... He is rude, unpleasant, and seemingly abusive towards the rest of the staff - an irascible and difficult man! Normally I am not easily angered or annoyed, but this guy hit all my buttons...monitoring everyones every move. As stated by someone else... At dinner he would walk around the buffet making sure noone took too much meat compared to rice and potatoes!?!? This would REALLY piss me off as I try to limit my intake of precisely these kinds of carbohydrates. One evening he down-right refused me to take more meat on my plate (and I wasn't being greedy) ...I think I had had around 150 gr of ground meat at that time! You call this a buffet!????

Everywhere you stayed in the hotel.... If the owner was around (which he was most of the time, except during late morning/early afternoon) you would feel monitored by him...OMG!

The rest of the staff is nice and attentive, but they can't make up for the terrible vibe the owner creates! ...don't go!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 May 2014

It's a very impressive experience during the two nights in this 'homey-sweet' hotel which made me totally feel being like my home. The hotel Manager and the Founder of this hotel are very easy approachable people.

It's really hard for me to find the beaches to visit by myself but finally they told me how to get there, and also gave me the map and told me in very nice patient. The manager lent me the bike as they know its more convenience and fun to go there rather than take bus. Besides, I asked some informations about market price during my trip in Fethyie, they also told me all about what i want to know. The price information is true through my research from other ways. I remeber always, i asked may helps from trip they almost replyed me all and they really patient to answer. that 's made me a very great impression of them !

The equipments are all clean and good. What worth to be mentioned is that the interior design and some stuff in the guest such as bed, mirror are all in local traditional Turkey style !! I really felt being home. the sleep in nights in this hotel is very comfortable. !!

Very reasonability price with all the nice stuffs and people.!

Room Tip: The second floor is just nice as you can see the montain !!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank kaiwang_1986
Reviewed 12 October 2013

We stayed as a family for a week, and really enjoyed it. Had a family room with 2 adjoining parts which was very good value although not huge.
Location is a bit far from the centre if you want discos and nightlife, but still plenty of restaurants at the beach 200m away. Good to have a car to get to local sights and Fethiye town.
Pool is very big in a nice garden with bar, and also table-tennis - good for kids playing and adults relaxing.
Breakfast buffet was good, but the evening buffet was fantastic. We only ate this once late in the week, as we usually prefer to eat out, but very good value and wide range of dishes to choose from. Wish we'd eaten there more often !

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank 228DavidE
Reviewed 20 September 2013

Even for those of you on a budget, the Truva might be somewhat of a depressing choice. Factor in the cost of a taxi from the otogar (because the local dolmus doesn't really go there) and I'm sure you could find better. This accommodation is a couple of blocks in from the beach and at the very far end of the strip. You should really try to stay in the centrum. Hotel Truva is responsible for cutting my Fethiye trip short. Surly reception and maintenance staff, 12 yr old bartender and a full wall mirror beside the bed, if that's your kind of thing...

Room Tip: do not stay here
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo