“Relaxed, safe and professional”

European Diving Centre
Brighton
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Relaxed, safe and professional”
Reviewed 26 May 2011

I had done two dives in my life so I was a bit apprehensive, no need. All at EDC are fully engaged in making sure that you have a good safe time. From the moment I got there I think that they had me pegged as a weak link although they never portrayed this, they supervised, encouraged and never patronised or talked down to me. The banter was as you would expect and delivered in harsh good humour, however when they twigged that I couldn't tell my BCD from my elbow they took care to step in and sort me out.
The instructors were careful to make everyone feel included in the day and ensure that everyone enjoyed themselves.
There were 12 divers on my first trip and about the same on my second (my wife, a non diver, came along with me and fully enjoyed herself fully).
Dive locations were quiet, not over populated and great from start to finish. Particularly liked Dalyan drop off.
I finished my two days' diving keen to dive as often as possible, more confident and having had a great time. If you are a beginner this is a firm to recommend - on the other hand I was on board with an ex-navy, current professioanl diver who was diving for five days - so it seems that the other end of the spectrum appreciate it too.
Thanks to Joe, Alan, Gill, Ahmed and all the crew.

Visited May 2011
1 Thank CusBrighton
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

• Turkish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Best Experience EVER.... Fab Team!!”
Reviewed 13 May 2011

My partner and I booked the Beginners Diving Course a few days before coming home - we had only ever snorkled before - and fancied going that one step further. We got the phone number from Trip Advisor and booked with them direct (cutting out the middle man... same price but the diving centre gets it all, and deservedly so!!).
There were 7 beginners in total, and we were all a bit nervous if the truth be known!! We were given the equipment and safety briefing by Scottish Joe :-) who explained everything as many times as we needed until we were ALL happy. We arrived at the dive site and were all kitted out with wetsuits, fins etc. Once in the water there was 1 instructor to 2 beginners so safety really was taken seriously, which only filled us all with confidence.. Plus we had Ahmet who led us all, (taking amazing underwater pic's of us everyone!!).
We had our first dive and completed our 5 basic skills, which was utterly amazing, then Chef made us a wonderful lunch!!
We then had our second dive, at the start of which I had a problem with one of my ears. Joe was immediately on the case and didn't leave my side until it was sorted and I was happy to carry on - thank you again Joe :-)
I really cannot praise these guys enough!! Nothing was too much trouble, but they also made sure we had fun, safe fun!! They gave us the best day ever and most memorable experience of our lives :-) I'm just gutted we weren't staying in Turkey long enough to complete our Open Water with them, but because of this fantastic team my partner and I have certainly got the diving bug, and will definitely be returning to dive with them again!!!
See ya soon EDC team, and thank you all again!!!
Mel & James xx

Visited May 2011
1 Thank Lem90
norwich
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“good diving days”
Reviewed 14 October 2010

Had 2 days diving with these guys and it was good. Excellent briefings and superb safety standards set by professional staff.
When you book your diving with EDC do it direct and don't book through an agent. You get the same deal direct with the dive centre but they don't lose out to the middleman.
The EDC shop in Oludeniz is an agent not directly part of the company.
I enjoyed my diving (not great fish like Red Sea) but there is lots to see if you look.
Definitely recommend this company and thats from a PADI Divemaster.

3 Thank intrepidtravellers09
kent
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“EDC Im coming back again!”
Reviewed 25 January 2010

EDC in fethiye turkey is a great place to learn to dive. Although i have been qualified for nearly 3 yrs now i was only just 3 weeks qualified when i put my trust in EDC back in 2007. They made me feel so confident and safe that i decided to do my advanced course with them whilst there. I then returned in 2008 to just pleasure dive with them and it felt like i was returning to be with family. I am pleased to say i will be returning again this year in july 2010 and plan on doing my master scuba diving course. They are professional yet so friendly that i really recommend them to everyone. Donna Chatham Kent

1 Thank dreamofmetonite
northamptonshire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Superb Dive Centre”
Reviewed 11 September 2009

Having had a bad experience of a dive school in Spain, we had no intention of going diving ever again but somehow we were seduced into it..... (Hilary well done on encouraging K into the water).
The professionalism, the friendliness and the positive attitude from the Anglo/Turkish staff was really superb. They not only taught us well, they did it in a such a fun and entertaining way that made you want to go diving and learn.
Safety and the quality/condition of the equipment are important considerations in recommending any dive school, particularly one in an unknown Country and in this I do not count myself as an expert, however, having spoken to some instructors from the UK who had such experience, they were perfectly glowing in their recommendation of this school to me.
There are cheaper outfits locally, but personally I would not take such a risk.
Photos to follow