See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 June 2015 via mobile

We needed a room where we could spread out our bags because we were leaving straight for Istanbul airport. Queen sized beds and a room with enough space to spread out four suitcases were a nice surprise. Of course being in a small town in Turkey during Ramadan has its pros and cons. Restaurants and shops are open till late so you can walk around and pick up some quaint souvenirs. Theair conditioner refused to work at our desired temperature, we had to leave the balcony door open, only to be jolted out of sleep at 4am to the sound of beating drums that announce the start of fasting time. The food at the restaurant was nice and Turkish, specially the dessert.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank WWTraveller26
Reviewed 11 March 2015

Very charming and characteristical Hotel, interesting architecture and furniture.
Nice rooms and good foods, if you are planning to stay in the region it's a good location to spend the night.
I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 December 2014

Bağlar Saray Hotel has a good location, spacious rooms, clean beds, towels and bathrooms. Provides little but important amenities like slippers, hairdryer, etc. Breakfast and dinner was good. There is free wi-fi throughout the hotel, including the rooms. Rooms may be decorated better -in Safranbolu style- but that would not be so important as a decision factor, I guess. In summary: It is a very good hotel in its category (3-Star Hotels).

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I have stayed many times for business trips and enjoyed a lot. The restaurant has very high quality meal and service. Their cook is famous among the gourmet people around Safranbolu and Karabuk regions. The hotel is hystorically and tenderly furnished but still can answer all modern desires by their guests. You can find everything in the rooms like a small sewing set, shaving set, shampoos, slippers etc. the rooms are generally with very nice sightseeing. For cleaning my clothes i just gave them to the reception and found all were cleaned in the morning.they have free parking and vale services just give them your key and the car is safe.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 September 2013

I chose this hotel because I was looking for a place that was quieter than the beautiful, but creaky, old Ottoman era houses. I thought this newish hotel would provide some much needed quiet. I asked for a room in the back (their English is very limited btw) and was shown a nice, average room stuffed with 2 beds, beat up furniture and a couch. I didn't need 2 beds but I think most of there rooms are like this. I got there in the afternoon, exhausted hoping to take a nap. although I couldn't hear the street traffic, barking dogs, construction next door and lots of loud kids and adults made sleeping a remote possibility. things didn't really quiet down until around midnight (with a 4am call to prayer, sleep can be difficult for light sleepers). The next day, after a pleasant trip to Kuruk Koyu and the old city of Safranbolu, I headed back to the hotel to around 6pm to relax and maybe take a nap. The cleaning crew was still cleaning, dropping metal objects on the floor, talking loudly, so I waited until they finished and then tried to take a rest. At 7pm sharp painfully loud music started- enough to shake the glasses in my room. Realizing once again I wouldn't be taking a nap, I walked down to reception to ask when the music would stop- they said 11pm. It was clear there was a large dinner party about to happen. The music did stop at 11pm, but after there seemed to be what sounded like beat box- I didn't want to investigate. Anyway things settled down around midnight and I finally got to sleep. Bottom line I think I would have been better off staying in one of the old houses in the old city.

Also as a little nit-picky thing- this hotel doesn't have cnbc-e (even the lowest class hotels I stayed in did), which at night broadcasts American shows in English. doesn't sound like much, but when you are traveling around for a month it can be nice to watch some familiar shows in your native language.

I didn't try the restaurant as there are many other restaurants along the main road. As others have mentioned I don't think the pool is for swimming, it was really part of the dining area- which is now completely roofed over.

Room Tip: ask for a room in the back
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo