New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #44 of 92 Izmir B&B and Inns
Derby, United Kingdom
“recommended”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2012

Good prices and excellent facilities with warm friendly staff. I come back every time I am in İzmir..

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank kristin_n_grant
Guzelizmirotel, Owner at Guzel Izmir Oteli, responded to this review, 20 January 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your warm and thoughtful comments of your stay with us. We hope to host you again @ Güzel İzmir Oteli next time you are in Izmir.

Kind Regards,

Sinem Kurtural
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Ashrafiyah, Beyrouth, Lebanon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2012

i am toufic from lebanon and i staid for 12 days at guzel izmir oteli located in the center of the city .. the hotel have a wonderful hospitality and stuff ... the rooms are so comfortable and the hotel is so clean ... and because of the location u can easily go in few minutes wherever u want to go
i am so glad that i had chosen this hotel

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Tommy G
Guzelizmirotel, Owner at Guzel Izmir Oteli, responded to this review, 8 February 2012
Dear Valued Guest

It is such a pleasure to hear that you were pleased with your stay. As Guzel Izmir Otel we try our best to help and host our guests frm all aroud the world. Now we have a fitness room and a Cafe just for our guests. Hope to host you again.

Best Regards
Sinem Kurtural
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2012

Excellent location - we used Izmir as a base to go to Ephesus and Pamukkale and it was great to be right by the bus company offices which take you to the main bus station (otogar) in Izmir. The hotel is also 1 min walk from the train station which is 20 min ride to the airport and costs 2.50 TL. Very easy. The room itself was pretty average - decent size, but very hard pillows, little hot water in the shower and bright lights outside - take an eye mask. The staff were incredibly helpful though and made up for the room. Would recommend again, good value and there seems to be a lack of cheaper good options in Izmir.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Nicola594
Guzelizmirotel, Owner at Guzel Izmir Oteli, responded to this review, 16 January 2012
Dear Valued Guest

It is a pleasure to know that you found our service high quality. Many thanks for your thoughts. we try to to do our best. Soon we are going to have a fitness center and a cafe lounge at Guzel Izmir Oteli.

Best Regards
Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2012

A great budget hotel in the centre of the city. There is the train station right around one corner, a bus stop around the other, a metro not far and many things are within walking distance from the hotel. I went during the bayram with a few ideas of what to do and the staff was exceptionally helpful in pointing out how to get places and do it on a budget. One young staffer (Omer, I believe) was particularly helpful and should definitely be given a raise! Not a luxury hotel by any means but for the price I paid they were surely worth more.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank James R
Guzelizmirotel, Owner at Guzel Izmir Oteli, responded to this review, 10 January 2012
Dear Valued Guest

It is a pleasure to here that your experience with us was a great one. As you mention we are not a luxury hotel. We are a budget hotel and we always mention it in our ads. My staff is trainned to help guests regarding the city they actually do their best to help our guests and make them feel at home. Soon we are openning up a cafe lounge and a small fitness center inside the hotel. For your next visit you can enjoy more of the hotel.
With my Best Regards
Gaziantep
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2011

When I read all these positive reviews on this hotel I am asking myself "Was I in the same hotel?!?". Although I had booked a double room for single occupancy, when I checked in they told me they were fully booked so they gave me a room the size of a matchbox. You basically got out of bed and you had the door in front of you. The room didn't look anything like the ones on their website. But that was not even the worst thing. The bathroom was horrifying. It looked so bad and it was so dirty, I couldn't even shower while staying there. Just take a look at the photos I took there and you will understand me. I told the guy at the reception that the bathroom is just filthy and he agreed on that, but there was nothing to do, since they were fully booked. The toilet doesn’t flush well, so blockages occur. On their website it says all rooms come equipped with a mini refrigerator. There was no trace of such a thing in my room. The bed was lumpy and the pillow hard. This is BY FAR the worst hotel I have stayed in. And yes, it can get pretty loud around, especially at night and early morning (they even had some budgies in the 4th floor chirping all the time... good thing that I love animals and wasn't that much bothered), so it’s definitely not the right place for someone who wants to rest. Oh yes, and you should have seen the "picturesque" view from my window: A WALL. I would definitely not recommend this hotel. It was the worst experience I had so far. I am pretty sure you can find a much better hotel in Izmir for the same price.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Fbk F
Guzelizmirotel, Owner at Guzel Izmir Oteli, responded to this review, 6 January 2012
I am sorry for your experience Sir. I clearly remember you my hotel is like this it is a low budget hotel right in downtown İzmir. The room you stayed at is one room which is left to be renovated. First of all I did not wnat to be on trip advisor but my guests put me there. IF I can I would rather close this account. Guests voted and I became number 13 and I am competing with 3-4-5 star hotels. We do our best and continue doing our best. I just built a fitness center and cafe lounge in the hotel. My next step is to renovate your room 405. You can not do everything at the same time it takes time, money and energy. I hope for your next visit you can stay at a better hotel. What you do is not

Travellers are raving about these Izmir hotels