All reviews wine cellar pigeon valley turkey cave room stunning views gorgeous hotel unique experience fairy chimneys the hotel offers reception desk cave dwellings memorable stay three nights one of a kind delicious food early morning hot air balloon
Reviewed 29 December 2016 via mobile

we had a great stay at argos cappadocia, we were kindly enough upgraded to a suite...which was amazing! the highlight of our holiday......the front desk was really nice, alot alot alot free amenities in the room.....the view is amazing and it is im the best part of cappadocia.

if only for the hotel, even by my standard this is a 10/10.......but unfortunatly i had a terrible terrible experience at dinner and breakfast. the breakfast was soo poor, the smallest choice and the quality was not good.....the dinner, worse we had on our holiday, our meat was raw, bread was old.....just terrible.

will come back, but will go out for my meals.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 November 2016

My wife and I wanted to celebrate our 10yr wedding anniversary and were lucky enough to book The Argos for 7-nights. It is a truly magical hotel with real, authentic décor and is located high in the mountains with breathe taking views of what I feel is another ‘natural wonder of the world’.

I say 7-stars because often when people a book a hotel in this region of the world the general view is (if you are like me), that if you book a 5-star hotel you can expect it to be 4-stars in reality; if you book a 4 star hotel you can expect it to be 3 star etc. If this is your view then expect 6-stars when you reach The Argos which is close community of individual apartments each uniquely restored and designed with modern luxuries….very much like a little picturesque village.

We stayed in room 3002 which is a Monastery Suite and was approx. 7m wide by 10m long with log fire, under floor heating, massive comfortable bed with 7 different types of pillows to choose from, mini bar, safe, mineral water and beautiful view of Pigeon Valley. The bathroom included a wet room shower, Molton Brown toiletries and if you get up earlier enough you will see the many hot air balloons pass by early in the morning.

I also found the staff very helpful – I contacted the hotel who made arrangements from wife and me to be picked up from the airport and a thank you to Baris who gave us some tips on what to bring for clothes appreciating the weather…he also recommended comfortable walking shoes which are essential. I also wanted to say a special thank you Neslihan who was absolutely lovely and she conducted a tour of the The Argos which I recommend to anyone staying here to attend. It is simply mind-blowing to see the history and restoration of the hotel, its gardens and the wine cellar is truly amazing. The Argos prides itself on numerous awards they have received for wine which they produce the grapes for from their own vineyards. If you love your wine and are a wine connoisseur this is an added bonus and Neslihan’s knowledge of the The Argos and its history and underground tunnels is fascinating. Neslihan also lives locally and was able to genuinely recommend some good quality places to visit for entertainment when we wanted to venture out – a nice touch was when she rang a restaurant she recommended and asked them to ensure my wife and I were looked after if we attended. We didn’t know that she had done this so when we arrived we received VIP treatment and they said they had received a call from The Argos to expect us.

We have loved our 7-days at Cappadocia where it was safe, people were kind and very friendly and we didn’t experience any issues at all. I had a bad experience in Egypt many years ago where I was harassed by locals to buy things, people asking for money etc. but in Cappadocia there was none of this at all which made it extra special and relaxing !!

Regrettably the only thing wrong with The Argos and Cappadocia is that there were very few tourists as a result of recent events and generally politics of the world which is very sad. There is a threat level in America but people still visit it many cities such as New York, France has gone through a very difficult time recently but people still go see the Eiffel Tower in Paris and in India & Pakistan there are tensions but people still visit the Taj Mahal……….we found Cappadocia very safe despite what the media and politicians have said and I recommend that once is your life you should visit this natural wonder of the world !

Room Tip: Recommend comfortable walking shoes
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank zafiqbal
Reviewed 19 November 2016

I have traveled a lot in Turkey and in the whole world but hardly never seen a great place like this - all is perfectly arranged, a pleasure for all senses!
Very friendly service, great breakfast, absolutely fabulous and well designed rooms. Cant be more beautiful!

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 November 2016

We ate dinner in the outside restaurant overlooking the valley and as it was chilly we were all brought large woollen shawls, In the morning we breakfasted watching the balloon flights over Cappadocia. Early evening there was a tour of the wine cellars and part of a huge tunnel network. It feels like you are living in old village, truly magnificent.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 November 2016

It was our first stay at Argos. The hotel is extremely superb. Atmosphere is really nice and different, perfect matching with cappadocia. The decoration is extremely elegant and warm. You feel like you are at home. The fireplace in the room is extraordinary. Music in the room is great idea, and the playlist is very nice. Quality of service is outstanding. I would like to thank all Team member of the hotel.

Room Tip: Deluxe room with terrace or balcony
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple