“Serene and calm sunset ride ”
Review of Lucky Horse Ranch

Lucky Horse Ranch
Ranked #7 of 10 Nature & Parks in Goreme
More attraction details
Owner description: Lucky Horse Ranch gives visitors the chance to ride with an experienced local guide in a small group setting in Goreme. We are located in a quiet valley just outside of Goreme town in the Cappadocia region of Turkey, which is also known as Land of the Beautiful Horses. Our most popular tour takes in the sunset in Red & Rose Valleys but full day, half day, multi-day and sunrise tours are possible.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I basically had a private tour with myself İrfan and 2 work stay girls. Was happy to ride around the valleys pretty quietly. If you want more information about the surrounds and help riding your horse be sure to ask. I am definitely a beginner only having ridden 3 or 4 times but I felt comfortable.

All reviews
"winding"
"atvs"
"land"

Reviewed 4 December 2017

It was a perfect day with a perfect ride and incredible views! Quite challenging environment up and down through the gorgeous valleys but with 100% trust in my guide and my amazing horse it couldn't have been better and more relaxed. Thanks Irfan!

Reviewed 5 November 2017

Irfan was so kind and genuine with us, he really cares about his horses and is passionate about what he does. We loved that he considers his horses like if they were his children and we learned a lot about Cappadocia throughout the tour. My friend had previous experience riding horses but I, in the other hand, didn't but he made it easy to learn and handle. the horses were friendly and in excellent shape and health. 100% recommend this tour. Irfan is simply an amazing person!

Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

It was my first time horse riding and it will not be the last one! Irfan was very nice with us and the horses where relax and calm.

See more reviews
Reviewed 16 October 2017

I booked a 2-hour sunset tour with Lucky Horse Ranch directly through email although my hotel offered a combo package (hot air balloon, ATV etc) with a free airport transfer. I had gone through earlier reviews about this particular company and I liked what I read, so i specifically wanted to visit this ranch. Irfan was so thoughtful in the email - suggesting us to ride on a day where he had no other guests so my husband and myself could have a private tour with him on our honeymoon.

Glad I took up his suggestion - we had a leisurely afternoon with Irfan (who picked us up in a classic car dressed in cowboy gear) starting from meeting the residents of the ranch (the most lovable tiny kitten, 4 horses and 2 friendly dogs). We were introduced to our friendly horses and briefed on how to manage them. The horses were calm (no biting or kicking unlike the ones we had at a Johannesburg safari) and responsive.. Irfan trains them gently and truly loves them!

We started off the ride through wide plains and after getting warmed up, headed into the winding valleys, through caves and ascended the hills on rocky slopes! Irfan even brought us by an unassuming patch of bushes and plucked us bunches of grapes (so sweet like syrup that I choked). Then we stopped by a juice stand at a vista for a chat and to catch the setting sun. Another group of riders joined us and we overhead them complaining that their guide was harsh and impatient with them - with Irfan, he truly felt like a friend although he got concerned when I let my horse stray off the path in search of grass growing on the cliffside.

As we made our way back to the ranch, it got pitch dark but we trusted the horses to lead us back safely. Invited Irfan back to town for dinner with us and made him recommend his favourite restaurant (Organic Cave Kitchen). We had one of our best meals (proper thick slabs of lamb, fresh crisp salad and decent portion sizes) over a lovely chat with him... for someone in his early 30s to devote his life to his passion, I hope he gets more support and appreciation as it's not an easy life being a one-man-act overseeing a ranch.

Book Irfan directly - no regrets for the best Cappadocian experience. Would love to return if we get the chance... also, Wishing Irfan a HAPPY BIRTHDAY on 1 November (he may be taking a Georgian holiday so do check when he returns) :)

2  Thank snazzybanana