See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 11 June 2010

I arrived in Goreme at the bus terminal at 430am, and was anticipating a complimentary pick-up at 5am. I call around 515am and was told they would be there shortly. At 530am I realized that the pension was just up the street, so decided to walk the 3 minutes distance. Upon arrival, was told that they don't have a vehicle until around 630am - so left wondering why did they tell me they were going to pick me up in the first place?

My private room wasn't ready until 11am - but they offered me a complimentary early check-in allowing me to sleep for a few hours in another room. That was quite appreciated as quite tired from my 13-hour bus ride.

When I woke up they provided me with a free late breakast & coffee and offered advice about the region and local sights. Yasin was so overly helpful in answering all my questions, as he did for all the guests. They answered all questions with patience and a smile.

They rooms aren't all that fancy - but they were clean & comfortable. There is hot water - but early in the morning or late afternoon/evening is best before it runs out. The complimentary breakfast was delicious - comprising of an egg, bread w/ butter & jam, cucumbur, tomatoes, cheese, melon, coffee and tea. The roof top is hodge podge setting with different levels - all offering a great view of the town and some fairy chimneys.

So, would I stay here again? I'd have to say - heck, yes. Yasin & Osman (chef) are so friendly and went above & beyond to ensure guests were taken care of. They even invited all the guests to a Turkish wedding! Initially I wasn't impressed because they failed to pick me up at the bus stop as promised, but I quickly looked past this misunderstanding due to their incredible customer service the remainding portion of my stay.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo
3  Thank Tiasis
Reviewed 12 May 2010

the staff was really great and friendly. Yasin and Othman were very helpful and kind. the food Othman cooks is very delicious. the rooms are clean and the baths were very decent. i highly recommend this place. i would love to have the chance to visit this nice place and stay in such a comfortbal place.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2009

We were for 3 nıghts ın thıs hotel, and have a very good tıme. The room was small but clean. We had a very tasty bbq, wıth salads, meat (ofcorse!)good (cheap) cold beers and water mellon and other fruıts. The staff was very frıendly and they speek good englısch. For a cheap and nıce place we recommend these cave hotel ın Geröme. We feld very welcome here!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 September 2007

Having stayed in Peri Pension, Ufuk Pension, and Gümüs Silver Cave Hotel in Göreme, I was willing to try a new pension for the sake of the experience. Looked at the photos on the website and all seemed okay. Sent an email requesting information and received a response immediately. Reservation was made and price certainly seemed reasonable.

Upon arrival at the pension around 8:30pm, it didn't look like anyone was there. I walked around, calling out, but no response. I finally decided to go upstairs to the reception area and tripped on some steps that were not lit up at all. Did not seem to bode well. Found a worker sitting in the breakfast area, watching TV and smoking a cigarette. Typical. It took a moment for him to register that I was a guest who had made a reservation, then he got up and started to show me to a room. He showed me a room that seemed okay, big double bed, nicely decorated room, good-sized bathroom, and then left me to my own devices. I sat down on the edge of the bed and nearly fell off as the mattress was so soft it just sank down like a water bed that needs to be filled. Another bad sign. Used the facilities and started to unpack when I realized that despite the cool weather outside, the room was too warm and stuffy to be comfortable in. It was time to change rooms.

I went back up to reception, this time lights turned on and lighting up the terrace walk and found the worker again. I told him there was a problem and asked him to come down to show him. I showed him the too soft mattress and too warm room and asked him if there was a another room or a cave room available. He showed me both, but the cave room felt cooler.

However, that room was not without its problems. First off, no bathrooms. I was not happy with the prospect of using communal bathrooms. So he said I could use the bathroom of the former room. Still was not happy about the fact that I'd be using two different rooms. Found out the cave room door didn't lock, so couldn't secure my possessions when out of the room. And third, though the room was cooler, it had a terrible, musty odor. I could tolerate it one night, but decided right then that the next morning I was leaving and looking for a new place. Actually, went back to an old place that was MUCH better.

All in all, I would not recommend this place to anyone as there was no great Turkish hospitality like I've experienced at other places, but mostly the rooms just are not suitable, even for the budget traveler you can do better than this place!

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Darsantre
Reviewed 27 August 2007

When we arrived in the room, it was a real surprise, a great bad surprise. Too different from picures on website of Paradise pension. The double room was very very very small and not so clean as we expected. There wasn't any socket in the room for charge battery of camera, mobile phone or electric shaver. The bathroom was very small, dirty and without water. Yes, without water. No hot water and no cold water. The door of the room didn't well close. We said: "it's no possible. We can stay and sleep in this way". We ask at least another room, a better room. A man of the staff, said to me "You are not in your country! I don't speak with you, with a woman. Go out! I speak only with him (my boy-friend)". It was incredible. Moreover he demanded money for the room, even if in this conditions, if we wanted go out. We didn't sleep there. My boy-friend and I went out immediately of Paradise Pension and we didn't pay anything for that horrible room. It was the worst memory of our travel in Turkey, country where we found wherever beautiful hospitality and unique kindness. I can't say the same for Paradise pension, our worst memory of the Turkey.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank giramondoItaly