“Amazing Hotel”

Tourist Hotel & Resort Cappadocia
Ranked #77 of 80 Hotels in Goreme
Reviewed 7 July 2011

Unbelievable location - secluded among the cave ruins of Cappadocia. Great pool area, friendly staff, rooms with view of the rock dwellings, great bathrooms with separate scrubbing bench and whirlpool bath. Good breakfast buffet and delicious dinner buffet. Loved this hotel - very comfortable

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank kp14

Reviewed 9 June 2011

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nites during May to explore the fairy chimneys in Cappadocia. The hotel is quite large, has modern a/c rooms with flat screen tv and free internet. Our room was a twin bed room on the 2nd floor-quiet ,clean, and spacious. The restaurant was quite good for breakfast and dinner. The hotel has a small pool which was not open. Our room looked out at the Goreme Open Air Park which is a series of rock churches used in 1 AD and is central to other parts of cappadocia in nearby Urgup. Definitely doo a ballon ride for 45 minutes-ours was cut sh ort because of bad weather se t t ing in and we had a abrupt and slightly bumpy landing. Our small group tour guide prevailed and we got a full refund.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bruce B
Reviewed 25 April 2011

I stayed in this hotel very recently, I can only say that don't spend your time with searching any other hotel. Tourist hotel is convenient and very close to town center. It takes 3 mnts to walk to the bars, restaurants and local shops. You can watch all the baloons take off from its terrace. Rooms are lovely(We stayed in room 3002, which was a villa type), staff in the restaurant was great and so helpfull. The only thing dinner buffet wasn't brillant, but it was ok. Breakfast was better than dinner. It was a shame that the weather wasn't warm enough to hang around the pool, it looked very nice doh. Scenary from the hotel terrace was absulately beautiful, you can take lot of pictures from there. We did enjoy our holiday in Cappadocia and Tourist Hotel took a big part of it. I can recommend this hotel to everybody and certainly will be back with our family and friends when the weather is nicer.

Room Tip: Get the villa rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Esra A
Reviewed 16 January 2011

The good thing: location; the bad thing: location.

Conveniently located behind the OPEN AİR MUSEUM , this hotel is perfect for the traveler who seeks to explore the cappadocia area of nevsehir where bulk of the tourist sites are. I stayed there for 3 nights from Dec 31 till Jan 3 and everyday, walking past the göreme open air museum was an amazing experience; the grandeur and beauty of cappadkia really strikes me.

The nearest station is also nearby ürgüp and if you want to visit the Bazaar, Market or AVANOS this hotel is perfect as the base for you.

However, I realized that most of the restaurants near this hotel are mostly tourist centric and after speaking to a few locals, most of them told me that the old district is indeed catered mostly to tourists and if one wants to dine more like a local, the GÖREME district is a better fit. That said, I had to make my way to the UCHİSARdistrict by walkevery day I was there as I simply refuse to be part of the whole tourist trap dining circuit in cappadokia..

The hotel itself is very comfy and the beds provided a soulful sleep for me. However, if you, like me, got a room that has a door to connect to the next room, then be prepared to hear some of the noises from your neighbor. For the price of $90 a night that I paid through expedia, I find this to be a great hotel for the first time visitor to the amazing area.The staff are helpful and accommodating; what impressed me most was that they actually gave me another room as I got into nevsehir at 5am and checked in at 6am, as such, my original room was not ready. They immediately offered another room for me to rest before calling me in the morning to inform me when my room was ready. services staff from the restaurant was so helpful in explaining the sites and the location and he is a true gem that any guest there should approach! Another plus point is the free wifi in the hotel and rooms! Very fast and reliable connection to plan any last minute itinerary.

However, if i ever return to the city again, I'll like to try a hotel in the tourıst district so that I can zip the area more like a local and escape the touristy sites since I've seen it before.

• Stayed: January 2011
2  Thank CEM G
Reviewed 2 January 2011

I am surprised that this hotel has not rated higher on Tripadvisor! We thoroughly enjoyed it. Our rooms were lovely, and the food was very good. Our tour group was originally supposed to be at a Dedeman Hotel in Nevsehir, and were suddenly changed to the Tourist Hotel. Rather than being upset at the change, all 41 passengers felt very fortunate to be in a smaller boutique hotel amongst the history and amazing land formations of Goreme, Cappadocia!! We booked ourselves for a full turkish bath and massage package at the Candles Spa which set the tone for our amazing experience in this region. Next morning we went hot air ballooning. If you have an opportunity to do this - DO IT! (we went with Goreme Balloons).

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple