All reviewsgolden day wingsentertainment teammr tomnext yearbbq nightturkeywednesday nighttwo weeksgreat holidaygreat entertainmentwould highly recommend this hotelcant waitsunway repfantastic hoteltea bagssteep hillplenty of sun loungers
Reviewed 8 February 2009

We arrived at this hotel from Dubai as this Kusadasi was our first foray into Turkey. We were not sure what to expect as the reviews were mixed for this resort. I have say we were happily surprised.

Our room was rather spacious with beautiful view of the harbor and the coastline. Satellite TV had several English channels to select. Staff was friendly and helpful although some of them did not speak great English. The pool area was beutiful with lots of sunbeds and usually crowded with other vacationers. Personally, My wife and I enjoyed the local food that was served at the buffet especially the appetizers. Some nights we ventured into the town for outside dining experience. You have to understand that you are in Turkey and what you get served is traditional Turkish food. If you keep an open mind, you will have a very good time in this hotel and in Kusadasi.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2008

I will say I had a lovely time spending my time with my fiancee we meet some really nice people at the hotel and have made really good friends but we will never return to the golden day hotel in kusadasi again. My fiancee got a upset stomach and was sick along with 5 other people that we spoke to, the food was ok if you was a rabbit, going to a different country you know the food will not be the same and thats fine as we like trying different things and we have been to other countries and loved the food but we were served pretty much the same food everyday, what was left over you could tell definately came out the next day. Most of the staff were rude.The bar man was quite rude he made two ladies cry in the time we stayed at the hotel as he was very rude, the all inclusive package was a waste as you can not have what you want. The chambermaids were friendly said hello and goodbye when they saw you, but I must say the room was cleaned every other day we had to ask for clean towels the sheets were not changed once, when we first arrived there was stuff in the fridge from the guest before, and the sink in the bathroom was dirty had lettace and salad in it so was not cleaned. The view was amazing, lovely view of the harbour saw all the big ships and boats come in. I do recommand you go on a boat trip very nice relaxing and the staff on there are so friendly.
Also when booking a holiday to turkey make sure you take a 10 pound note with you to pass through passpost control we never got told this when booking our holiday, and got over charged.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2008

before we booked holiday we looked at the reviews which were very mixed so i emailed some of them to get a better picture, after reading replies we decided to go for it, we love turkey which has gone quite expensive over the last few years so we decided to go all inclusive, we have been all over turkey but had never been to kusadasi. the hotel was clean the foyer was lovely and the rooms were basic but spacious with wonderfull sea views also overlooking the harbour, the wall leading onto the balcony was all glass so each morning you would wake up to see the big cruise ships sailing in, and in the evening there was the most beautiful sunset you have ever seen, the food was ok we had no problem with it and the staff in the dining room mustaffa and james were lovely,we we did eat out a couple of times which i might say wasnt the best turkish food we have eaten, there was no problem with drinks the bar man fate was a really nice man also the young lad gustav, there where 3 pools all very clean with plenty of sun beds, we met some great people especially leslie jean and shelley from oldam who we hope to meet up with when they come to liverpool, kusadsi is a lovely place but expensive 7lira in some bars for a lager thats probably because its a port, we went on 2 boat rips 9.30-4.45 £10 each with meal and unlimited soft drinks, cheap day out, as for the hill outside the dolmus stops outside the hotels every 5 mins to take you to town,overall you get what you pay for, the holiday cost us £850 2 people for 2 weeks, as for the comments about the staff, my partner and i have a saying treat people as you wish to be treated. think ive covered everything if not feel free to email us.teresa and roy

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank tessliverpooluk
Reviewed 26 September 2008

Hotel was fine - rooms cleaned most days and TV had a few english speaking channels. Great pool area (quite deep) and views over harbour were very nice. Food was ok - tasted better than it looked. Hotel on hill so wouldn't recommend for people with walking/breathing difficulties.

Worth walking down to supermarket than buying from shop in hotel as quite expensive. Found Turkey much more expensive this year compared to last year and was glad I went All Inclusive and only ate out a few times.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 September 2008

Well after looking at the reviews on this hotel before I went I was half inclined to cancel.

Thankfully I didn't. We arrived at about 6.30am, greeted by a very friendly man (not sure of his name) and checked in very quickly thank god as been travelling all night. Really pleased with the room when we got there, nice size for the 2 of us, large balcony with gorgeous views overlooking the marina and the sea. Ok so the toilet wasn't as clean as we are used to back home but remember what this hotel is advertised as - a 3 sun.

I personally didn't have an issue with the food, it is mainly Turkish but then hey guess what, you're in Turkey. I think the negative comments come from people who were looking for an English Breakfast and/or burgers and chips all the time. The only thing I would say is if you want English food then stay in England or go somewhere a bit more commercialised. If you're willing to embrace a bit of the local culture and cuisine then you'll be fine.

As for the staff, I found them to be nothing other than friendly and willing to help and their English is excellent. Previous reviews have indicated that Mustafa is rude and arrogant - this was not the case with us. Indeed nor was it with any of the staff. We also didn't get any comments regarding drinks, though to be fair we didn't drink a huge amount anyway as we tended to eat and then venture into the town which is only about a 15 minute walk away. The pool is lovely, big and enough sunbeds to go around

I'd summarise by saying don't be put off by previous comments, if you can be open minded and accept you are not in England, I'm sure you will have a great time.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with friends