“Good”

Ephesia Holiday Beach Club
Ranked #22 of 156 Hotels in Kusadasi
Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

It was a good hotel very good value for money I was amazed of how much you got lots of things fore kids and variety of foods however staff limited in speaking in English and diffuculy in communication definitely 4 star and good location

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 25 October 2017 via mobile

My partner and I booked here last minute do to Monarch’s collapse and having to cancel our holiday; but we were quite excited as this hotel looked better than our original hotel in Olu Deniz.

Here are the negatives that we experienced whilst staying at Ephesia.

- Upon arrival we were greeted well, and were driven on buggy’s to our room. As we got to our room, we realised it was quite out of the way, which wasn’t ideal. We thought we’d let this slide. As we opened the door, it was soon apparent that the room was not fit or anyone to stay in. It was beyond disgusting, the wallpaper had been patched up where it had been ripped off, the walls were extremely discoloured and what looked like dirty hand marks over the walls, the room was I would say 12ft x 8 ft. Extremely small, claustrophobic even. Especially as the big, old wardrobe was taking up most of this room. Also, there was paint chipped away everywhere, it was vile to say the least, the bathroom was also very poor. This was a 2 star room in an apparent 5 star hotel. My partner and I had then had to walk all the way back to reception and complain to change our rooms, luckily the staff didn’t mind moving us.

- The breakfast in the “a la carte” restaurant was poor for anyone with dietary requirements. Myself being vegetarian, I could only eat an omelette, the only pan used to make them however was being used to make the meat omelette. I had to overlook this, as I really wouldn’t have been able to eat much, the cheese omelette was however very nice.
My partner who has a nut and egg allergy could practically only have fruit and bread for the morning, the sausage wasn’t like the standard British ones, or at least didn’t have them, but the disgusting, processed red German sausage, it definitely seemed like they favours the Germans in terms of the food. Speaking of the restaurant, the queues were horrendous, so your food would be cold by the time you got to your seats, rude Germans would push in front of you and touch all of the food. It was a glorified canteen.

- The ‘Premium WiFi’ barely worked, 2 Euro’s a day for speeds of 0.09mbps, this is around 4kbps, absolutely unusable speeds, I had taken this test at the front of the hotel, where everyone were sat around for the WiFi. After 3 days of battling to get any speed from it, I complained and showed them the speed test and told them that I would not be paying for it, as it never worked.

- the hotel staff who were trying to make money from the guests pestered you, one gentleman took pictures of us without consent, which I’m sure is illegal and would badger us to get our pictures taken. I think we were come up to about 5 times trying to be sold stuff whilst at the hotel’s beach front. Other than the odd few, the hotel staff in general were pleasant.

- I remember reading a previous review that the maid had to be turned away at 6pm as she did not arrive during the day on the Thursday. This exact thing happened to us. We had to just ask her for some clean towels. Our new room although, bigger and a little nicer, I did notice bare wire showing on the light fitting on the wall, another light was loose and basically fell off. And the shower was very intermittent with being hot and cold. To top it off, there were tiny ants always seen on the worktops and on the bed.

- Beach - Do NOT sit anywhere near the water park, unless you want your electronic devices or books ruined and drenched. They have a massive design flaw with a rotating water-gun, that was on the edge of the park, and you could freely turn it to hit at least 10 seperate sun beds on the beach with a blast of water, on a number of occasion, we were drenched by children turning the turret to the beach, we did come back to our beds sopping wet, fully knowing what it was. We never sat there again after making this mistake, although it is an absolutely ridiculous design flaw.

- I’m not sure why they favour any currency but their own? They constantly ask for Euros, which is odd as they quite clearly have their own currency, they seem a little annoyed when taking it, but of course I’m going to give them their money?

Positives

- the Staff were friendly and did rectify our issues we had. Their English wasn’t too bad

- the facilities were decent, for children you have a games room full of arcade games and a PS4, they even have a weird fun fair. They have their hour of entertainment at the Ampitheatre at 9-10:15pm every night which we heard a lot of people enjoy. They also have a kids water park, with a few slides which looked like good fun.

-if you have no dietary requirements, the food was good, a lot of choice. Although some of the dishes were extremely odd. Everything is fried in copious amounts of oil and batter, yum.

- When the cleaning was done, it was to a good standard.

- You get a 1.5 litre bottle of water at lunch and dinner, which was a nice touch.

- Their beach-front location was nice, it was rather small so it was hard to find free sun beds, but it was pleasant and was in the sun all day, you could even see over to the Greek island Samos.

- Their pool was nice and clean, with a lot of sun beds, but it felt like it was around 3-5 Celsius, I have never experienced a pool so cold, after getting somewhat used to it, it was pleasant.

- They do have a pool side hut that you could get lunch food from as well as drinks, foods like pide (Turkish pizza), chips and burgers.

-They have a few onsite shops - a convenience store, with soft drinks, chocolates and ice creams. A terrible replica brand shop, easily distinguishable from the real thing, awful fakes. And for some reason, a hairdressers? They also had a jewellery shop.

To conclude, the hotel wasn’t what we had expected, seeing all of these amazing reviews, we thought it would be lovely, we generally aren’t picky people, but we feel the need to mention the above negatives. The experience was very lacklustre, and we were let down by the lack of things to do at the hotel and the holiday as a whole. I definitely would not call it a 5 star hotel , but a 4.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 October 2017

We booked this hotel based on reviews, and we did get excelent price via booking.com (360e for 7 nights, 2 adults+2 children all inclusive). Clean hotel, little bit outdated. Nice staff. Food was very good. One thing was weird, there was only one waiter that received tip from us: he asked right a way "Sir, you want something to drink" and did get beer for me. That is customer service. I had 40e as a tips (2e coins) but only left tips to nice cleaner woman (daily) and twice on restaurant. No one asked me "something to drink?", just cleaned tables, wich was nice also but no "range of tipping" for me.

There was no noise insulation on the room walls, but we had a ear plugs anyway so did sleep well.

Evening dinner could be earlier, from 18.30.

Water temperature of pools was ice cold, but it is not hotels fault. Nights are cold in October in Turkey. We enjoyed whole week in this hotel, great value for the money.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

I was in Kusadasi for EgeArt days festival 2017. I can say Kusadasi is the heart of Turkey and Ephesia is like a center of Kusadasi.
Its a very good place for stay with friends and family with kids.
They have large scale of food and drinks collection which can really surprising guests.
View from the resort to the Greek Island is like a beautiful mystery of nature at evening and night.

Love to visit again & again Kusadasi.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 October 2017

We had actually booked into the Hotel Ephesia but upon arrival there we were informed that it was closed and we were transferred to the Beach Club of the same name. We were slightly apprehensive about this as we had requested a room suitable for a wheelchair user. However, we need not have worried as upon arrival the staff at the Beach Club were brilliant. They unloaded everything onto the golf trolley and parked the car for us in view of our room. On arriving at our room we were delighted to find that we had been given a suite with walk in shower, king size bed and an adjoining room with 3 single beds. On the large balcony there was a hot tub and a lovely sea view. The food in the main restaurant was very good, always fresh and lots of variety. There were snacks available during the day, and the we can particularly recommend the gozleme which was delicious. The grounds of the hotel were well kept and it was very accessible for wheelchair users. Overall a very pleasant stay and we hope to return again next year.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple