Ephesia Resort Hotel
Barbados(Kusadasi)
Zinos Hotel(Kusadasi)
Flora Suites(Kusadasi)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsanimation teampidenice holidayall inclusive conceptevening entertainmentpoolgamessunbedsdartsbelgiumrep
Reviewed 12 August 2012

My boyfriend and I are a young couple in our mid 20's and we decided to book a last minute holiday for two weeks. We have previously been to Turkey but to Side so when we were offered another Turkey holiday we went for it. We paid around 2K for the 2 of us to go on holiday the next day for (what we were told) was a 4 star all inclusive hotel. I was reluctant at first as the holiday was with Thomson whom I have had bad experiences in the past.

When we arrived in Kusadasi our transfer was delayed due to passengers getting on and off and one lady wasn't even meant to be on our bus!

We arrived at our hotel around 1am, much later than expected. The reception staff were very rude and spoke very little English at all. We asked about using the safe in our room and how much etc. The man on reception clearly had no time for us or any interest in helping. He gave us the price per night in Euro and when we advised that we had Lira and asked how much he simply shrugged at us and said "you can pay on check out" so that was that.

Our room was lovely and I think the best thing about this hotel is the cleanliness of the room and the housekeeping staff and maintenence staff are friendly and very good at their job. Our room was not as we expected as we had two single beds which could not even be pushed together. However, we didn't bother reporting this as we felt we would get no where with reception. We only spoke to reception twice more, once to report the wardrobe door had broken and once to ask for late check out which at first they said no to.

The food at this hotel was not good. Both of us got food poisoning on different occasions which was awful. The "Turkish Night" was non existent and there wasn't even donner meat served, just chicken. I really couldn't see how it was a Turkish Night other than the fact we were in the country. I think every night was German night if I'm honest because as usual they were fully catered for and had waiters at their tables speaking fluent German and serving them drinks. We were asked TWICE in the two weeks we were there by a waiter if we would like drinks. My boyfriend went to the bar himself and a rude waiter shouted to him "It is waiter service" to which my boyfiend replied "Well it's clearly not a very good service as I have served myself everyday!" The waiters mostly stood around chatting amongst themselves and watching you eat.

We never sat by the pool the whole time we were staying here for two reasons. 1. You couldn't get a lounger courtessy of the morons who get up at stupid o'clock just to put towels out (why?!) 2. The area around the pool smelt of sewage very badly and I honestly don't know how anyone could sit there all day as I turned my stomach!

We found that sitting on the grass and on the beach was the best idea. The beach was a little bit dirty due to peoples cig ends and on one occasion I sat down on a lounger where some generous person had left a rolled up soiled nappy for me! But we found that the closer you sat to the sea the cleaner the sand. The sea was gorgeous to swim in and it was a peaceful way to spend the day away from the music and sound of the long haired entertainer who loved the sound of his own voice too much.

The entertainment staff were very good with the children and my boyfriend did partake in some of the activities. The entertainment staff did come round and say good morning everyday and ask if you wanted to join in. They were generally very nice and you could see that they did work hard. It was just the one who loved the sound of his voice. He didn't wear a uniform and letched around the girls all day.

The beach bar was nice to sit in at night as it was the coolest place. The bar staff down at the beach bar were a bit rude compared to the staff up at the pool bar who were lovely. All the bars shut at bang on midnight and the staff would then close up and leave you drinking in the dark. It was like the whole hotel shut down at midnight.

All in all I can safely say that we would never go back to this hotel. I really think this should be removed from Thomsons brochure as there were only a hand full of British people here who were ignored and not catered for. Other guests mainly being Turkish, German and Dutch seemed to turn their noses up at us Brits and I really don't see why we have such a bad reputation abroad when these people are pushing into queues at dinner time, pushing there way into lifts infront of you so you have to wait, pushing in at the bar and putting towels out at 6am when there are signs which say this is not allowed. The staff just ignore all of the above.

We did book this last minute and therefore we did not research the hotel and had to go off the information given to us by the travel agent. We were very disappointed with this holiday and for the amount we paid for such a basic hotel. Had we have known there was a sister hotel to this one, the "Ephesia Beach Club" we would have definitly booked there instead as we have heard great things.The Ephesia Hotel is NOT a 4 Star in any capacity. I don't think we are a couple with high expectations at all and this was my first experience of All Inclusive.

If you book this hotel please be aware that you are not getting your moneys worth in the slightest!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank vixy222
Reviewed 30 July 2012

I went with a friend in the first week of june 2012, and after I returned, I inmidiately wanted to go back again. It was a wonderfull hotel, very, very clean and nice rooms, friendly staf and delicious food. Every day other specialities
The weather was great: 34 but never to hot because of the sea wind.
The all inclusive concept included even drinks whatever you like.

Room Tip: rooms at the side of the pool are quieter
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank kathemaria
Reviewed 26 July 2012

We stayed here from July 7th to 14th July 2012. There is no way this is a four star hotel!! The first morning we were up early so went to breakfast at 7.10am and sat overlooking the pool, we saw four empty sunbeds! All the rest had towels on so if you like the pool you have no chance of getting a bed unless you are up at silly o'clock, and bear in mind you are not allowed a pool/beach towel until 9am, so if you want a good sunbed you have to do like everyone else and be up at the crack of dawn and keep your towel. It is the same story on the beach, which is narrow and a little dirty and you virtually touch your 'neighbour' as the beds are so close together. All the bottled water was warm, we didnt once have a cold one, even at dinner in the evening, and you had to get this from the resaurant on the first floor at lunch or dinner. There was a beach bar with limited snacks if you didnt want to go to the main restaurant and also a pide house which was actually nice freshly baked naan type bread with filling.Going back to breakfast, they had stations to cook omlettes, fried eggs and pancakes but they didnt arrive to cook these until 8am even though it opens at 7am. The lunches and dinner were much the same every evening,chicken, chicken, turkey, turkey. and stews...even the one evening they had kebab the meat was chicken. My husband was looking forward to a traditional Turkish kebab but 6 out of seven nights he ended up with chicken and chips.There was an area that cooked meats and fish, but the queues were soooo long we all stood in a line for a good five minutes, unless you dashed to the front of the queue when it opened.
So, you finish dinner and would like to settle down with a nice cold beer in the bar, only trouble is the beer is in such a small glass it only just wets your whistle, and if you like a gin and tonic, expect it to be warm and flat. The bar is actually quite nice, with air conditioning that is not switched on therefore is extremely hot and stuffy, so you can go to the 'bar' by the pool and sit on the seats everyone has sat on in the daytime or go to the beach bar where again you will have sat in the daytime,so ladies don't be taking your posh frocks here!!
Entertainment,fine if you have kids, can't comment much more as didnt see it, just heard it.
Overall we would not recommend this hotel, although others seem to think its the best thing since sliced bread, and without wanting to offend anyone, i can only say they must be easily pleased.
Apologies for anyone who is yet to go there this year,we made the most of it and just got on with it, but i don't think it is doing much for Thomsons reputation.
Next year, Eygypt,Greece or futher afield for us, at least we can guarantee good service, and good food and 'cold' drinks.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Carol K
Reviewed 24 July 2012

We had a very enjoyable 2 weeks holiday here October 2011. Weather was poor and we've since realised September is normally the better time to go.

The hotel is situated a few km from Kusadasi but it's easy to get a Dolmus into town (approx 2TL). The English tend to be in the minority with more German and other europeans - food rather tends towards German tastes but that's no bad thing. They often get airline staff for an overnight stay which I think helps maintain the standard. Meals were good and varied but sometimes it could seem a little 'samey' with few specialities on offer and which we've had offered at other Turkish hotels. Breakfast was always enjoyable for us as we usually sat out on the terrace.

You don't need to bring towels as 'Beach' towels are available free every day. The beach in front of the hotel is excellent with plenty of clean sun-beds available for guests. The bathing is safe for children as it only slowly deepens. It was nice to occasionally have a piece of pizza and/or fried chips from the all-inclusive beach bar.

All-inclusive drinks were plentiful and we especially liked the Coffe/Hot Chocolate machines in the bars. Bottles of reasonable quality wine were there to take at meal times as was plastic bottled water - all for free.

We were in low season so it is that much quieter - you can walk along the front to a nearby daily market and prices are that much lower. I believe there is free WiFi if you bring your own kit but if you need to use the hotel's own PCs, I thought their hourly cost was a bit high and so used nearby internet cafes - you can book local excursions from along the front and we booked a day's boat trip - we got into Kusadasi by Dolmus and it was a fun day - great value. When the Cruise ships are in town (probably every other day) prices in the town go up of course - but they add to the atmosphere. If you're enterprising, you can take several Dolmus' and get to Ephesus and other tourist sites for very little money and safely.

Prices in and around the hotel are in Euros - take some £10/£20 notes with you and change them in the hotel or in the town where the rate is much better with no commission.

My negatives are:
- Animation Team were pretty poor - rather noisy and forgetful of who they are trying to entertain.
- Hotel charges for use of the room safe.
- Must get a sea view as many of the rooms towards the rear of the hotel on the North side directly face another hotel that was built after the Ephesia.
- Massage in the hotel was a bit expensive - try outside.

Room Tip: Must get a sea view as many of the rooms towards the rear of the hotel on the North side directly face another hotel that was built after the Ephesia.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
8  Thank itworks
Reviewed 24 July 2012

We stayed here in July 2012 for an all inclusive family break, the Hotel itself and amenities are fantastic and right on the beach too. Our room had a lovely ocean view. The food in my opinion was a bit bland but that could have been just my taste buds! There is plenty of food on offer so nobody will starve! It was only €7 return on the bus for 3 of us each night into the centre of town. (20 minutes on the bus) The downsides, the bed is way tooooo hard! the entertainment on offer was all a bit too much! there was the same 5-6 people doing everything even the variety shows at night and they found it hard to take NO for an answer which was a bit annoying because at the end of the day im on my holidays! free to do whatever i want!?? I was asked maybe 5 times a day to take part in stuff and made feel bad when i declined! There was also too much entertainment anyway non stop pool games and be caeful you might get hit on the head during water polo! I had to be up every morning at 6:30am just to put our towels on seats at the pool because they are all taken before breakfast! Some chairs had just the towels on them all day with no people at them!! The hotel must change this policy.

Room Tip: Get one on the pool side..
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family