“not as enjoyable without fevzi”

Hotel Istankoy Kusadasi
Ranked #49 of 156 Hotels in Kusadasi
Reviewed 2 July 2012

just back from staying at istankoy,got to say big changes and some not for the better , rooms was average for cleanliness ours didnt look like it had been cleaned when we arrived bedding didn,t fit the double bed and wasnt changed often enough although we did only see one cleaner but always seen two when fevzi was around,mini bar was neva cleaned and checked and after having a meal and finding dog dirt under our table wasnt a good experiance...would have been nice to see a smile from the new manager... come back fevzi place not same without you although it was nice to see some off the staff still there who gave us a big welcome sebels smiling face bless her the place would not be the same without her she is an assett to the place,we usually go back twice a year but dont think we will this year :-(

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank paula m
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 22 June 2012

The hotel is well located and has a decent view, you can even see the sea with a little effort.
The rooms are small but very very clean and provided with every basic thing you need. The tv was a little too small but ok.
The bathroom is modern and very clean as well, towels are changed every day.
The staff is nice, but I would have appreciated if they spoke s better English. The cleaning lady was wonderful and efficient.
I do not know about the breakfast as I didn't go.
The only thing I complian about is the noise coming from the street and the people coming back drunk in the middle of the night, but I guess that's normal for a vibrant nightlife as the one in Kusadasi.
Overall a nice stay, I would reccomend the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed 17 June 2012

Just finished a pleasant stay at the Istankoy and was impressed with the central but quiet location (side alley from main seafront) and extremely helpful and pleasant staff. I recommend this to anyone looking for a basic but clean place to stay. Wifi is also available with the room...great for travellers.

The main shopping and restaurant area is just a couple of minutes walk away but the hotel is tucked in behind the main sea front road. The shops advertize prices in Euro but also can tell you the price in Turkish lira, which seemed to me perhaps slightly lower on occasion. I only used lira the whole trip but most visitors from the cruise ships were using Euro.

My room was both quiet and very clean and faced the back buidlings but was still light and sunny in the late afternoon (didnt pay for a view and so didnt expect one). One negative was there was no sitting chair available (although the staff were so caring that they most likely would have found me a chair had I asked). Usual pensione type narrow beds, beautifully clean shower and toilet, regular clean towel changes, clean bed linen and room tidy. Individuals safes for valuables are available in the main foyer. AirCon is available at a reasonable cost but in June I didnt need it. A very small fridge is available in the room.

Breakfast was routinely nice fresh tomatoes, cucumber, cheeses, fantastic fresh bread, jams, boiled egg and orange squash, coffee, or tea. English breakfast was available at extra cost but I didnt try it. I was a fan of the greek salad, which was delicious on a hot day.

The roof pool was a good place for adults to enjoy some down time. The pool was well maintained and the limited sunbeds were generally available when I was there. Seemed to be enough umbrellas for anyone who needed them too. Great view.

The hotel can arrange an interesting Turkish bath trip. The bathhouse is newer but nice and clean and built in the expected Turkish style. Be prepared to pay extra for massage as it is not included in the hotel price. The basic trip includes a short soap scrub and rub down only. Perhaps ask for a less busy time of day as then you would feel less like being on a production line. Still a fun experience!

I cant say enough about the Istankoy staff. They were all so pleasant and helpful.
My only negative for the hotel is the limited outdoor area for sitting outside and relaxing other than the roof pool. Still, the waterfront is close by and has great places for sitting out and enjoying the view. Lots of cafes and restaurants to choose from too.

I definitely recommend the Istakoy for adults looking for a reasonable price basic but clean hotel!

Room Tip: 2-3 floor back room nice and quiet, has small balcony that is sunny in late afternoon but did not re...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 June 2012

last year my wife (lizz) and i stayed at the istankoy, After staying in the ladies beach area for the last 20+ years we decided a change was in order. We were recommended the istankoy by Turkish friends we have known for over 20 years. How pleased we were is an unerstatement, we cannot praise the staff enough, and are really looking forward to 13th june, to meet up with members of the Istankoy crew, people we know and other members i am sure it will be a brill holiday, like last year. Cya all soon.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 May 2012

i stayed at the istankoy hotel and it was excellent i would go again me and my husband enjoyed are stay there friendly staff clean and very near to centre waling ten minutes to centre manager was excellent very helpful and i will be going again

Room Tip: room 402 was our room good location seein g the sea view extra space too
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple