“the glass”

Omer Holiday Resort
Ranked #20 of 156 Hotels in Kusadasi
Reviewed 21 July 2011

i went to omar holiday resort for to weeks. to zynp 29 it was my son that went throw the glass door but he splited on the stairs going in to the lobby bar as someone spilt a drink and it wasnt cleaned up so he didnt run into the glass., the staff was great when this happening so i couldnt fault them on that but it really does need to be safety glass are there are a lot of children there. the food as ok but not the best. the animation team there are great and they are wonderfull with kids. i would go back again if they changed things eg the glass and the food

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank kat4207

Reviewed 7 July 2011

We stayed at the omer in July ther was 4 of us and we had booked 2 rooms. We arrived late to be told we were in a family unit which was 1 room... At 3.30am we were not going to argue... They did change our room the following morning after some "gentle" persuasion...anyway beware the room trick an earlier review in here helped me to be on my guard.. The resort itself was fab the food was good and was changed regular... However it was geared to our "European" neighbours as was the service... If u are British u have not got a chance u are ignored have to ask for everything and have to ask more than once as they "pretend" not to understand very frustrating!!!
If u want to just relax and not be bothered with socialising this is the place for you. If u want typical english breakfasts, company and the chance to socialise it's definitely not for u. The complex was clean the pool was also very clean, activities were good and the beach was great. The room we finally got was of a real high standard...the location was good and overall the holiday was a relaxing week and pleasant introduction to turkey.

• Stayed: July 2011
3  Thank ScoobyLeicester
Reviewed 4 July 2011

I just turned from there one day ago . me and my husband have diarrhoea since the second day of our vacation in Ömer holiday . My 3 year old girl couldn't eat anything for one week because the food was awful. there is nothing to eat for kids .. only macaroni if you are lucky... every food has so much tomato sauce and oil .even I am Turkish ı couldn't eat the most of the foods, thank God gaved us melon .. the garden is good for kids , pool was awful not clean , ı have not swim in the pool there are 2 slides but ı didn't use, glasses are always dirty on bars...poor wireless etc.
They didin't gave me the right room I have asked for it but no returing back.. Our rooms lock has broken(charwoman did it) they didn't change the lock all day which I called the lobby 6 times . I had to sit in my room all day because of that no LOCK problem .. by the night he changed the stupid lock in 5 min.. Car park is a problem .. they are allways saying no place inside please park your car out side , by the side of the intercity road! but there are places to park in the hotel area.. By the night there are allways wedding partys on pool bar from the out side clients allways loud noise , couldn't sleep well..
the hotel has got really big problem .. " the mosquitos..."do not touch anywhere when you are using bathroom .. and also the main estorant has got glass all around ,2 kids has run throw the glass door, the glass has broken kids had injured ,dangerous for kids .. the waiters are rude except for Ms. Selma .. She allways works hard with a big smile .. thanks to her.. the room prices are so higt for the foreign tourists. ı heard two emploees about a Russian woman , she wanted to buy a turkish music cd (belly dancing or something like that) the otels animation kids (dj) has sell the cd for 50 euro.. this is rudeness..
Shortly , beautiful sea and trees , squirrel surprise on trees .. Go there if you want to swim in the beautiful sea but first buy an intestine antiboitics and put the suitcase before you go..

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank zynp29
Reviewed 17 June 2011

We were there at the end of May and the beginning of June for a week. This was my first vacation when I have been totally satisfied by everything - the hotel room, the staff, the food, the service. In fact, the beach is not so good but this problem can't be solved by the hotel management because this is a negative feature for all Turkish beaches. But the Aegean sea is so beautiful, the lounges on the beach was comfortable enough with their mattresses, so we could spend the time there very good.
I didn't try the spa center that's why I don't know about it.
I have already recommended Omer Holiday Resort to all my friends.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Kr1209
Reviewed 29 May 2011

I have to say the resort itself is a stunning location and the trees and greenery was what attracted us to Omer. The resort itself was kept very clean - spotless in fact, with a lot of workers maintaining the grounds and sweeping. The pool was a good size with a toddlers area aswell which was all clean, I would recommend you popping your towels onto the sun loungers early though and leaving them if you're staying local as they did seem to go quickly. Also be warned that the entertainment team do put music on loud by the pool sometimes for most of the day, which could probably annoy some people.

The food was fresh and although there wasn't a massive choice of food for a weeks stay, I thought there was plenty of new things to try and to go around. Fresh soups in the evening and lovely salads and plenty of puddings to try. I would also recommend booking into the more exclusive seafront restaurant - we had to wait two days to get in as it was fully booked - and it was worth it! We had a four course freshly cooked meal in a very relaxed atmosphere. Also plenty of drinks all day and nice cocktails to try!

The room was the biggest let down of our holiday. We arrived at the resort at 3am, not the best start, and driven to our room, passing the lovely duplex style ones until we arrived at a small one level - first disappointment. second the room had a funny smell - almost damp - which we suggested may be the maids mop and funnily enough the smell disappeared after we said this. The shower head needed replacing and in all fairness it was replaced within the afternoon of us raising the problem. The maid was very friendly- though didn't speak a word of English, and didn't seem to clean the room very well at all - bed sheets weren't changed, bathroom not cleaned everyday, we even had to ask for more toilet paper!

The reception staff weren't the most helpful or friendly where the other bar and restaurant staff were, though they did work very long hours they did try their best at times where other times they didn't even acknowledge you waiting to be served. The entertainment team were always smiling and having fun, whether by the pool or at the amphitheatre and always good with the children. I also booked in for a head massage as a treat and can say it certainly was!

The one day trip we highly recommend is the water park Adaland - probably a 20 minute bus ride, set in the mountains and has water slides galore! We spent a whole day here on the slides, lazy river and just relaxing by the pools. this opens at 10am and closes at 5pm. The view of the landscape from the highest ride is spectacular! Although the rafting isn't open until June time as was the shark area. Its also quite cheap (around 2 lira each) to get into the centre of Kusadasi. Here there is the port and you can see the ferries come in for the day. Beware of the shop keepers they will all try to get you into their shop after a while it becomes irritating if you only want to look. They also like you to haggle prices which takes a bit of getting used to!!

All in all we had a nice relaxing holiday although I wouldn't say its the best one we've had due to the room. If you do book to visit just make sure you know what sort of room you have paid for and if you're British prepare to be in the minority!!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family