“WENT THERE FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER!”

Randy's Up the River
Ranked #1 of 17 Restaurants in Allegany
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 17 April 2017

It's a family restaurant and bar. The food was wonderful! I ordered a Bacon Cheeseburger and asked for the bacon to be extra crispy and it was perfect. The fries were perfect too. We didn't have to wait too long and the waitress kept on refilling the drinks almost as instantly as we finished them. Really great place.

Reviewed 17 October 2016

Most of the staff is great,,, Randy says you can not fix stupid and a few of his long time people have that afficition. Randy is extremely loyal; to his people but two Chyrstal and her mom meth are beyond help.
All the rest of the staff are the very best.

Reviewed 30 September 2016 via mobile

This is a "locals" place. Period.
I went there by myself on a business trip for dinner. It was recommended by the hotel staff.
Place is a local legend and has a historic background. Outside of that, it is akin to every other "local hangout". Nothing spectacular but again not hateful.

I ate at the old bar, along with the locals and listened to a waitress complaining that she had a "bump" on her breast. So other people working, decided to personally check it out, right at the bar.

The salad, while large was quite unappealing. It had been made or had set for quite some time before it was placed in front of me. Dark, slimy lettuce just turns me off completely.
The steak I ordered was tasty, cooked as requested and was alright. For the price, it was excellent.

I ordered a glass of wine and was quite surprised that it showed up in an individual bottle, not chilled and served with a side glass of ice. Nothing like watering down your wine.

Overall a pleasant experience, but not one I will repeat on my next monthly trip to Olean.

Reviewed 18 September 2016 via mobile

Perhaps the largest sized wings in WNY, Randy's doesn't mess around. I went for the Jack Daniels BBQ and wasn't disappointed. I can't wait to go back and try the others like SoCo Sauce and of course the legendary hot sauce. My wife had a burrito, it said it was great and the kids were pleased too- didn't see a kids menu but there was plenty on the app menu for them to pick from. Our server was great and very friendly. Inside was a bit dark but we enjoyed our experience and will be back.

Reviewed 21 April 2016

OK so maybe it wasn't littered with broken bottles from bar fights, but Randy's definitely has its share of neon beer signs, Bud on tap, and vibrant atmosphere, especially on Wednesday trivia night. For those that don't like the limited tap selection can choose from a variety of bottled beers including local selections, and it is easy to start a casual conversation at the bar with the locals. The real find was the perfectly cooked quality New York Strip which can probably rival most in the area, and at $15 was a true bargain.

For a lively atmosphere, which can be tough to find on a weeknight near Olean, and a good meal it is definitely worth a try. You may even score a drink token depending on how friendly you get with a fellow patron, or how well you do with your trivia round.