All reviews antalya maid german language english entertainment
Reviewed 5 May 2018

Our first time to Febeach Hotel and Side. We arrived by car and it was very kindly parked by the security guard. He even brought our cases in for us as no bell boy evident.

Reception was unattended and my husband had to wait several minutes and then resorted to calling out. Lo and behold someone appeared. Perhaps a bell should be put on the reception desk as this happened later on as well. The welcome from reception was non existent. Not even a smile.

We were allocated a room on the lobby floor and it was a family room overlooking the pool. A lovely spacious room but stunk to high heaven of a drain or sewage problem. The room was clean though and nicely furnished. The maid was lovely.

Venturing out to get a drink from the outside bar as the inside bars were closed during the day, we found this bar to be unattended and again had to wait and then had to resort to shouting for someone’s presence and attention. Drinks were local spirits but no brandy which was a shame as my husbands tipple is brandy. Other hotels in Antalya offer local brandy so he was disappointed.

The hotel was about two thirds full but predominately with German people. We were the only English people here. Consequently the entertainment provided was for the German people and we felt a little excluded. All signs at the hotel and inside are in German. It was lucky that I could speak some Turkish.

The food in the restaurant was average, you wont starve but nothing to write home about. We found the staff to be unfriendly but dropping them a tip improved their friendliness. I would like to point our here that we are a sociable, friendly couple.

We ate one evening in the Italian “a la carte” restaurant. What a shame. My husbands father is Italian and this 6 course meal bore no resemblance to Italy. I am sure a chef could have provided minestrone soup. We got vegetable. The only course that might have had some resemblance to Italy was a course of some pasta shells with sliced mushrooms. No menu was provided like other a la carte restaurants within hotels in Antalya. I have a severe allergy so it is crucial that I know exactly what I am eating. I asked a waiter what one of the courses was and he didn’t know. The courses were just brought out and put on your table with the exception of the main courses. The choice was meat or fish. The meat turned out to be beef which was lean and tasty. It was served with mushrooms and cauliflower, tomato slice and spinach. Again nothing Italian about it. It would have been good to have Italian music playing in the background to add some atmosphere and maybe the lights dimmed slightly.

In summary: for what we paid we should not be moaning but there are certain standards that should be adhered to even at the cheapest price.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank LadyHoNorfolk
Reviewed 12 September 2017

FOR ENGLISH SPEAKERS:

First of all, I can totally understand the complaints of others that this is pretty much exclusively for Germans. They made up about 90% of the guests and the first language spoken around the hotel is German and they should make this clearer as most of the entertainment in the evenings is held in German. There were some Russians and Turks, but I was the only English person there - which was okay because my German is good enough to understand most of what was said, but if I couldn't speak any German, I'd probably not have enjoyed it that much, even though a couple of the service staff could speak English, I had to speak German 99% of the time.

THE HOTEL:

It's smaller than some of it's neighbours and noticeably not as grand or flashy but what it lacks in lights and whistles it makes up for in personality and friendliness. Because of the size you get to know the staff a lot better and build up a rapport with them over the week which was great, especially the water activities and the late night shows. Joker, Marie and Cino really helped get the activities going and they were always friendly and encouraging.

THE ROOMS:

We paid for a basic room - which was advertised in the hotel at 140 euro per night I think - which meant our book must have been a massive saving. It was an economy twin bed and we just pushed the beds together to make a double. We could have paid an extra 30 euro to have a pool facing bedroom but we actually found it more interesting to have a view of the street and the locals whizzing about on their bikes and in their cars. The sun was also on the pool side of the hotel which meant we could have a cool room to go back to most nights and didn't really have to use the air con so much. Everything was clean and well looked after and there's free tea and coffee in each of the rooms as well as two big bottles of water which are updated daily. The beds were made each day and there's a free safe to use in the room big enough for most valuables. Really comfy beds and a nice balcony to put all your swim gear and smoke on too.

THE POOL:
It's quite small compared to some of the others we looked at and I suppose it's to be expected because of it's age. It wasn't a problem for us, but the indoor pool was under renovation which made it difficult if you wanted to swim some lengths while the main pool outside is used for volleyball and water polo. Again, not really a problem for us, but the slides compared to some hotels were smaller. There were plenty of sun loungers to use too although they tended to get saved early on (it caters for Germans remember :P) but there was normally a free space or two later on to choose from.

THE GYM:

Also pretty old and the equipment is half broken. Not really a problem for us but don't expect anything like your gym at home. There were three running machines, a cross-trainer, a bench press and some loose dumbbells - although nothing heavier than 7kg. Could be a problem if you're expecting a fully equipped gym or anything like that.

TENNIS COURT:

The tennis court is a nice addition but not when you have to pay a 5er for an hours use. I didn't see a single person use it. It would be better if they got rid of it to be honest and made a second, smaller pool or made some proper slides.

THE BEACH:

Only a few hundred metres away - walk-able in 3 minutes - but they still lay on a shuttle bus for you which is nice especially when you're tired at the end of the day. The beach part is nice and direct on the sand and the water was warm when we went most days. It's not as clear as the sea in Antalya but it was nice to be so close to the sea - especially when we saw other hotels having to hire mini-buses to get people to the beach and back. It's much nice being able to walk there when and if you want.

THE FOOD:

The food was really great, a really nice variety every day. Salads, fresh vegetables, soups, bread, different meat dishes and LOADS of fish. I ate about four pieces of fish a day between lunch and dinner, it was just so delicious. There was a really good mixture between local and western *German* food, but also lots of chips and chicken nuggets for children (and some adults) who aren't that adventurous. The food was really one of the best things about the hotel. Also, they let you dine in the Olive Restaurant or have the BBQ on the beach for one night of the week as an alternative free of charge. The food is higher quality and a nice touch to offer the guests to break up the buffet option.

GETTING AROUND:

Really easy again. There are shops right outside the hotel selling all kinds of cheap crap but you can get a Dolmus (a mini van bus, Turkish style) for a euro to Side which is a five minute drive, or to Manavgat for a euro fifty, which is about a 15 minute drive. You can pay for basically everything using euros, dollars or Turkish lira. Plenty of restaurants and cocktail bars try to get you in. Some of the bigger markets like in Manavgat were nice to begin with but after a while we got annoyed with the constant haggling and hassling. Everyone wants a piece of you, even if you're clearly tired and already bought loads of things, everyone acts like your friend and wants you to spend money. If you don't like this culture then Turkey isn't probably the place for you.

All in all, the hotel was a great choice, we really enjoyed our time there and if we ever had a problem or a question the hotel staff really wanted to help us out a lot. There was never any pressure to tip, even though plenty of people did, and it was a lovely rest before the start of Autumn.

Room Tip: Street views are more interesting than the pool
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Greg C
Reviewed 20 October 2016

Even after we had booked the Febeach I was a little unsure as they failed to answer a couple of emails I sent, but when we got there it was excellent. The staff were friendly as they could be even though they spoke little English and we wanted for nothing. We were the only 2 English in the hotel everyone else was German, but unlike the other reviews which said you would be left until last we weren't. The hotel building and facilities were excellent, the food was a buffet and there was a whole range of food to please everyone. The entertainment could have been better but they did try but I got the impression they were operating on a show string and the team did try to make the best of it

Room Tip: we were overlooking the pool and it was great as it got the sun all day
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 June 2016 via mobile

... here at Febeach Hotel Side (Antalya region) after being ejected at 3:30AM from Side Su Hotel which I mentioned in my last review.

This modest all inclusive Antalya hotel is perfect for families with young children. The staff is attentive, they have a great chef for homemade breakfast, lunch, and dinner food selection. Entertainment was professional.

We were the only Turkish-speaking guests of this hotel during our stay who seem to be serving German holiday seeker families.

I'd like to thank hotel owner whom we briefly met during dinner and his management and staff for their extra efforts to please their guests.

Two special mentions go to Chef Zeki for his delicious cooking and Marie for being the most passionate 'animatrice' we have met during any of our vacations.

Considering an Antalya vacation? Consider Febeach Hotel Side.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank FuatKircaali
Reviewed 10 August 2015

We are Australian, not German, messages left for us which we could not understand. Also, I left behind a pair of pants and emailed, they said they could not find them! Staff must have taken them as they totally disappeared. Bathroom floor was full of water as the toilet cistern was broken, complained and nothing done. Had to cover the floor with towels. Buffet OK, cocktails OK, - staff could speak better English

Room Tip: Don't go unless you are German and don't mind seeing beached whales
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family