All reviews salad lobby bar sea view the main hotel canopies majority mattresses channels
Reviewed 24 March 2016 via mobile

We had a wonderful week here. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Food was great with a varied range of dishes. The staff even decorated our room and laid on a special table for our anniversary. I would recommend this hotel for couples, but would probably say that it wouldn't be as good for families

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 October 2015 via mobile

I am currently on day 5 of a 1wks stay at this hotel/resort with my husband & 3yr old step son & we have been counting down the days to come home from day 1 !! Had to pay extra for room we booked or stay in the block across a busy main road with a 3yr old.. Food very bad.. Entertainment very bad.. Only time staff nice to you is if your german/dutch !! Animation team walked out & refused to do shows.. Show time was in underground ballroom with no air & their entertainment for children was dvd in foreign language.. Kids water slides always closed.. Kids club closed.. Pool bars closed.. Whole resort disgusting & smelly & nothing to do so definitely NOT family friendly/orientated.. If your a female your in luck because the waiters love waiting for your husband/partner leave the table to come & arrange a 'meet'!!! If your german/dutch & idea of fun is gettin drunk in a hotel foyer & playing cards every night then this place the best for you.. Only positive.. Room was ok but didn't pay to stay in a room all holiday !! We will never come back to this hotel/resort again & if 1 more person says its because end of season is insulting.. Shouldn't sell you holidays if that's the case because it was our family holiday !!! Very very very bad for English families. Mr & Mrs Huyton.. Wigan.. UK.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank charlie75476
Reviewed 22 September 2015

We stayed in Side Alegria Hotel and SPA for two weeks in September 2015.
Food is very average and not tasty. Breakfast is only eggs, yogurt and pancakes everyday. Omelette guy always burned the eggs. I tried to explain him that I do not want burned omelette, but personnel does not understand / speak English at all. Lunch and dinner - only heavy and grilled meat or fish. Fish was very bad and cheapest. Side dishes were not tasty. Soups were from the powder and not tasty. They served grilled trout only 1 time in our 2 weeks. Waiters are very lazy and slow in the buffet. We had to wait a lot for our drinks. It was faster to go and bring the drinks by our self.
Pools: person supervising pool slides spent all time drinking with the clients. I had a issue when I stuck on one of the slides and little boy after me hit me. I was fine but the boy got hurt. I told staff then he has to watch people and control them on the slides instead of chatting and drinking with the customers.
Beach: staff never clean the beach. Beach is full of cigarette butts and garbage. You cannot sit on the sand if you want to. Water is clean and nice. You have to pay for beach towels 0.5 Euro per day. I think it should be free in 4-star (as they advertise themselves). There are 4 or 5 buses to the beach from the lobby during the day. Road to the beach is about 300m, but if you go from the beach to the hotel at noon, you go up the hill and it is very hot. So it is a little bit hard, especially for older people.
Animation team: is very poor. There is no animation on the beach. They stay at slides pool all day and doing nothing. At night shows are totally disaster. They put so load music so we and our kids could not stay there. Level of performance was from 80's.
Rooms: were ok. Linens were clean, but they do not change them during cleaning. So they changed linens only 1 time during 2 weeks.
Hotel is after renovation but the condition of it is so so. A lot of small issues in the bathroom.
At nights we heard cars horns and screams. They burned the building across the street at night. We afraid to go outside at evenings and nights.
We will not come back to this resort for sure.

Room Tip: Avoid the hotel if you do not know Turkish or German
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Ruslan R
Reviewed 20 September 2015

We stayed in Side Alegria Hotel and SPA in September 2015.
During the stay, my tablet was stolen from the buffet. I contacted Bayram Akbas, Assistant / Front Office Manager. I explained the situation and asked him to check security cameras in the area. He did not believe that I came to buffet with the tablet and told me that I'm trying to cheat hotel. This person was very rude and unprofessional. I called the police. After a hour, two policemen came and talked to Bayram in Turkish. Policemen did not know English at all. I saw Bayram was talking to them and they laughed and joked in Turkish. I understood that this situation was very funny for them and they are not going to do anything even to try helping me. Then policemen went to security room. After a few minutes Bayram came to me and told that policemen will check on cameras if I entered the buffet with the tablet. Only then they will decide what to do. He asked me to come next morning to see their decision.
Next morning (our last day of vacation) I came to Bayram at the reception. He even did not look at me and called Guest Relation rep. Bilge Makul to talked to me. She explained that they saw the tablet in my hands before entering the buffet, but to check the cameras and find out the person who took it, they need 150 Euros. This situation was so embarrassing to me! I did not pay the money, because I saw that it will be totally useless.
I understand that it was my fault to leave the tablet in a public space. But the hotel client service people reaction on this situation was totally unacceptable and unprofessional. I wish Bayram Akbas will not be in client service job even. He does not deserve to work in any hotel. Bilge Makul was ok, at least she tried to help me.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Ruslan_184
Reviewed 17 September 2015

We had one week holiday by Greentravel, stayed at this hotel.
The location is good, easy to reach from the main road and the hotel's beach is about 5 minutes walking. There you can find a beach-restaurant and bar as well.
We tried both pools of the hotel both sides, they are clean and well-maintained.
The restaurant's offer is avarage, nothing special you can find what you think you should have to try from Turkey's cuisine. But everything was delicious and good what we tried, with a lot of fresh vegetables.
Our room was quite big and clean with a nice balcony with seaview.
The crew of all departments were very polite and helpful.
Thank you for all of them.
We had some programs from the travel agency, all were well-organised and interesting.
We really liked everything in the hotel and in Turkey, we defenetly will return in the future.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple