“Clean, friendly and fun, not the terrible place many reviews suggest.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Park Side Hotel

Park Side Hotel
Ranked #181 of 229 Hotels in Side
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Clean, friendly and fun, not the terrible place many reviews suggest.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2011

My friend and I booked this holiday last minute and I made the mistake of reading reviews just before we left and I was really worried. I didn't tell my friend what I had read on Trip Advisor as I thought she wouldn't want to go! I have travelled to many different countries around the world and have stayed in accomodation from top 5 star hotels to simple youth hostels. I thought this place was exactly what I would expect for the money. The room was basic, clean and spacious. The towels were changed every other day and the balcony we had overlooked a busy street with friendly shopkeepers and smiling faces we came to know. The food was nice, plently to choose from, just a little repetative. You could have freshy cooked eggs in the mornings and they always brought us a lovely cup of tea after our evening meal when we asked for one. I was worried about the reviews that talked about flies everywhere and being ill - there were no more flies here than in any cafe you would go into in the UK in summer. Being in a very hot country I would expect there to be the odd fly and that is all there was. The staff were very friendly and helpful and worked very hard. The pool was clean, nice and deep - lots of children seemed to be really enjoying themselves. We always found sunbeds in the places we wanted to and although we did not use the Hamam at the hotel, I never found the guy who was asking people if they wanted to use it 'pervie' or in any way offensive as has been suggested in other reviews. I chatted with him about why we chose to go to a different bath and that was that. The hotel was nice and what you would expect for a 3 star in a country such as Turkey. If you are worried after reading the negative reviews like I was, don't be. Go with expectations of a 3 star, basic, clean hotel with nice, but a little bit samey food, fun entertainment and you will have a fun time. If we had of encountered any problems I felt sure that we would have been treated well and things would have been sorted. Go and have a good time!!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
8 Thank Sars35
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
hull, england
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2011

After booking this holiday last minute and then reading reviews we were feeling aprehensive about what we may find..... For the whole of our stay we found the staff to be friendly, rooms were cleaned every day despite telling the maid she could leave it one day. There was enough variation of food for us not to get bored so despite planning to eat out some of the time we almost always ate at the hotel.
The lager was Tuborg as we sometimes drink by choice in England, red wine was fine and we enjoyed the vodka too. There were 2 happy hours each evening on cocktails (buy one get one free) or we sometimes went to the Olive bar where we got the same deal. Definately recommend going into Side on an evening for a meal on the front.
Pool was lovely and we always managed to get two beds together, although will agree with previous comments made about the Germans who we found to be either rude or ignorant.
We loved the beach which we tended to get the free shuttle to and then walk along the front into Side where you can find the ruins and Apollos temple.
My partner had ear problems and the hotel staff were very helpful getting us a doctor called which followed with a trip to the hospital and back within an hour!!
Top tip!! Ignore the Turkish bath man and go to the one down the street which was lovely just past the Safari hotel/bar on the right. We requested a lady for myself which made me feel more at ease, the massage was lovely and we got a great price. Go at the start of your holiday to help your tan.
Great value for money would definately recommend!!!

Room Tip: Request top floor, poolside view
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank salsnals
cardiff
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2011

i reviewed this hotel after coming back last yr it is terrible just an update to say we actually got compensation for our stay at this hotel but at 1st we were told we only booked a 3star so what did we expect for our money certainly not cockroaches in our room!!! rude staff no clean linen for 2 weeks the list goes on please do not book this hotel and if u have please try to get your money back if anyone would like any further informationplease dont hesitate to contact me at sharonzahra26@hotmail.co.uk

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank mrszahra

Travellers are raving about these Side hotels

chester
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2011

We booked this holiday at the last min and did not have chance to read reviews before we had already booked, however when we did read these 'over the top' reviews we were very upset and a little scared!! DONT BE!! we got to the hotel at 3.30 in the morning and was placed in a room with balcony looking over the pool. The rooms are basic but plenty of room for two. The air con is great in the room, i would advise take your key off the key ring than you can have the air con on all day. Whole hotel is clean and pool clean to. We got a bed every day by the pool. The drinks are fine , tuborg is the beer which is nice. Food is basic however we always found somthing to eat. If not there is loads of really nice places to eat in side or the hawaii bar over the road. Over all we had a really nice time, a holiday is what you make it. Enjoy your self and dont worry!! Have a great Holiday. ;)

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tannj
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2011

We read the reviews before our holiday, very aprehensive. We arrived at 3.30am, we were put in two twin rooms when we had booked a double and a twin. The kids were to far away. This was swiftly sorted next morning. We were moved to an appy. Service was Great, it was clean. Food was ok, although if you have a pickey eater you may struggle. Entertainment was poor. On the whole, we had a good week, but this was more to do with Brits we met.

• Stayed July 2011