“First Class in every Dept”
Review of Barut Hemera

Barut Hemera
Ranked #6 of 227 Hotels in Side
Chester, United Kingdom
“First Class in every Dept”
Reviewed 2 May 2012

We stayed between the 19 - 26 April 2012.
This hotel, the food , the staff, the room,the drinks, the entertainment, the pools, the kids club were all absolutely perfect.
The food buffet had everything for every taste, cooked to perfection. I defy anybody to stay here and utter the words " I am hungry"
The staff, all that we met were bi-lingual and very caring towards our children and would do anything to make our stay perfect.
The room - 5302 double balcony and gorgeous view overlooking the pool down to the sea.Cleaned to within an inch of its life everyday.
The drinks, you name it, it is included, cocktails, sparkling wine etc etc. The beer is good and all the spirits were quality, be careful though they are normal strength and if you over do it you will pay.
The entertainment, Every night except Sunday was really high quality and a great sense of involvement was achieved by the warm and enthusiastic team. The kids Club was fantastic and the girls who run it were second to none, catered for everything and would do anything to make your kids stay perfect.
The pools - a little chilly when we went but massive and clean. Great indoor heated pool for when you are done in the outer pools, the slides are only on for an hour in the am and pm which is enough and stops you being dragged up and down constantly by impressed kids.
Go and you will go back. A real gem where 5 star means 5 star - Perfect

Room Tip: Pool View is where we stayed and it was awesome -Cant reallt comment on others but I am sure they ar...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank wrigalarto
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (411)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
The Hague, The Netherlands
Reviewed 1 May 2012

- the reception pulling me over the table and then trying to ignore me to the point when I needed to start insulting people to remind that we had booked a so-called four star all-inclusive holiday, after being brought to a bed-sized-room that resembled a cleaing-lady's cellar, somewhere in the farthest wing of one of the building farthest from the beach.
- the restaurant serving great food (apart from the fact seeing leftovers from the previous day recycled at the next day's buffet, but which was ok) but tip-boxes everywhere to remind you that you'd booked all inclusive and the staff (apart from the waiters which you'd give a bill here and there) didn't get any tips. they should pay their kitchen-staff more.
- the house-own photographers who appeared to take a liking to my wife and asked her to lie on the ground and turn here and there and move this leg and that while taking pictures until the point she finally got really uncomfortable and I said...well you don't want to know what I said.
- the many cats on the ground that were left to their destinies (I think the hotel staff through out food though, which was heartwarming). I quite like cats but these animals were left to their natural hierarchies, so you had felines walking around with broken limbs, or skinny kittens scared to get food because big scarred tomcats controlled the area.
- we got a better room after we complained and I understand that people are saving everywhere nowadays but when I book all inclusive (even if its 4 star), I mean all inclusive. I don't want to have to justify myself if I get a beer and want another one for my wife, and get told I need to finish the first before I can get another. I would understand if this is a two- or three-star 'ballermann' venue, but they said it wasn't.

..the spa however was quite nice. my wife had to refuse to be massaged by a gent (while I was being massaged by a woman), and outside (the 'boulevard') was quite ok as well, even though you have to constantly convince everyone if you don't want to buy.

don't go to visit any 'carpet-factories' - they'll try to sell till you get tired and succumb.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
9 Thank Geijscher
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 April 2012

The Barut Hemera is just perfect, it really does have it all - gorgeous private beach, huge pool, amazing food, great entertainment, really good staff! I have never been to a hotel like this one, it was pure luxury! Food was brilliant at breakfast lunch and dinner - excellent quality and so much choice. Managed get a great seat on the terrace every evening and the service was first class. The beachside restaurant is gogeous for lunch - great to chill with a cold drink,great salad and pasta bar plus the usual pizzas, burgers etc, plus the occasional bbq.

The beach has a pontoon so you can walk out to sea - great for sun bathing and for jumping in! If you go duing summer be sure to wear flip flops as the sand is red hot.

I recommend doind the VIP boat trip through Thompson, pure bliss sunbathing and jumping into the crystal waters.Well worth the money especailly with lunch and all drinks included.

Room Tip: Rooms directly over the main restaurant overlooking the gardens are the best location - close to bea...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
8 Thank Louise H
Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 April 2012

Our third time in Turkey, first stay at the Hemera.

Bad points;
Two weeks later, still cant think of any, other than one afternoon I let the bidet go off by mistake. Note to blokes - dont get curious when using the multifunction loo and start to press buttons. It wont end well.

Good points.
Location - own beach access, good quality beach. Its also only a stroll away from Side - definitely worth a visit for the shops and historical aspect. Lovely bars / restaurants with spectacular sea views.
Cleanliness - rooms were spotless, just like the rest of the hotel, including gardens, pool, and food areas.
Staff - fantastic service, thanks guys and gals.
Amenities - plenty to do. The steam room and sauna are included with the All-Inclusive deal. Very worth a visit sooner rather than later. We felt we should have tried it sooner. Heated indoor pool, a games room for kids, with XBoxes (not free), air hockey, pool tables, and the arcade games like the motorway services have (sorry dont know what they are called). Entertainment - the Animation team worked hard and those who joined in had great fun.
Evening Entertainment - we went in April, so wasnt as frequent as it would be in the summer, but there's a big stage by the beach ready for high season.
Food - Well... very very good indeed. Theres always somewhere to grab a tasty snack between main meals, which are super. Ok its a kind of buffet-type affair, other than the show-cooks, but the presentation is great, the variety is very wide, and the food is cooked to perfection. At lunchtimes you can either use the main restaurant or eat at the beach restaurant, ordering off the menu. We didnt try the A La Carte options, as we were so pleased with what we had.
Drinks - got to be worth a mention (it IS all -inclusive, after all...) Cocktail menu, 'champagne', Effes, and shorts galore. Fast service too. In fact we didnt even try all the bars, we were so happy. Do remember to ask for a pint of milk if you want to use the tea and coffee facilities in your room. They will happily give you one.
Extras - massages, facials, whatever happens in spas is there. There's also hotel photographers who takes the most amazing snaps of you - we bought the entire DVD, but be prepared to stand your ground on what you think is a fair price.
Rooms - we had a family room. Plenty of space and the beds were really comfortable. Aircon / safe / TV / minibar / robes / slippers / toiletries all included and good quality. The biggest shower head we have ever seen too! A bit of noise once in a while from next door and the corridors, but not enough to worry about.
Cats!! Lovely natured, wont pester you unless you invite them to by a stroke. If you like cats, remmber to put a bit of dinner in a napkin for treats, especially for the one who lives by reception as he has a poorly leg. (And I'm not a cat-lover!!)
Overall - Excellent holiday. We were a party of two adults with a grown up son and the hotel was only 1/3 full, so in the Summer.. maybe more suitable for families and not couples without young children. The hotel would be ideal for families in the high season as they did offer a very good children club.

Room Tip: 1136 idael because you could use the external stairs to get to the main area.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
11 Thank ComeOnNanny
Greater London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 April 2012

My friends and I stayed at this property last July for a week. Having worked in Side many years before as a rep and at this hotel, I was looking forward to going back and we were not dissapointed.

Request a room over looking the pool if you can, our room was just by reception and around 12 midnight, the music from some of the bars over the road would wake us for a couple of hours. Dont let this put you off, we are light sleepers.

Restaurants, food great, the patisserie is great to get out of the sun for an ice cream in an air conditioned environment.

Pool areas are very clean, make sure you get up early to get a bed in a nice spot, why on earth do people get up so early just to leave towels on beds they dont use all day?

All in all a very nice hotel to which I would have no hesitation in recommending or returning too. Have a great time, we did.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends