“Excellent”

Barut Acanthus & Cennet
Ranked #2 of 229 Hotels in Side
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Just returned from 7 days at this wonderful Hotel. Have visited Turkey on two previous occasions staying at the Hilton in Sarigerme and the Aqua at Icmeler. Both excellent hotels, which I would recommend to anyone, however the Acanthus just has the extra wow factor. Smaller than the Hilton but larger than the Aqua and on a beautiful coast line with a 4km long promenade separating beach from Hotel.
The whole place is immaculate with constant tidying up and cleaning. The rooms are as good as any we have stayed in with excellent décor.
Choice of food in the buffet restaurant is brilliant and the three ala carte restaurants are all first class.(At no extra charge).
The pool is in constant sunlight from early morning till late afternoon- not shaded from the buildings as in some hotels, with constant tidying up of sunbeds and clearance of rubbish.
Finally, the staff. Everyone, without exception, was pleasant, cheerful and polite and a credit to the Hotel.
Brilliant hotel in every respect, however I do not think this is particularly the ideal place for children, other than very young children, as they would find very little to do other than the sea and beach.
We rarely re-visit hotels, but we are already thinking of returning here next year.

Stayed: September 2017
BarutHotels, General Manager at Barut Acanthus & Cennet, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear MikeKidde,

I appreciate you have taken the time to share your thoughts about your first visit to the Barut Acanthus & Cennet with our recent and future guests on Tripadvisor. I am absolutely delighted to read that we were able to impress you with our faultless service, dedicated staff, immaculate grounds and delicious food. Our goal is to ensure every guest experience is both exceptional and memorable - I am very pleased we exceeded your expectations! I will be more than happy to meet you again in the future.

Halil ÖZCAN

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We have just returned from a 1 week stay in a penthouse suite, this is an amazing hotel whether in an upgraded room or standard. the attention to detail is fantastic, food wonderful, whether the buffet or one of the 3 a la carte restaurants, room quality first class, mini bar in room had a selection of miniature spirits, beers, wine and soft drinks. bar service excellent. entertainment, a little bit up and down but professional shows every evening, its about as good as you're going to get in Turkey.
lovely clean pool, beautiful gardens and private beach.
Snack bar produced lovely food, bar staff pleasant and helpful.
Side old town is only a 25 minute walk or £5 taxi ride, wander amongst the ruins have a drink in a bar or a nice meal, just outside the hotel is the promenade, lovely to walk along on an evening.
This hotel is nearly perfect and worth every one of its 5 stars. I only have one minor niggle and this is the sun loungers, hard and uncomfortable to say the least, for a hotel of this quality I expect a bit of luxury, please consider supplying a padded mattress.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Janice,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor. Your feedback is very valuable to us. We constantly strive to improve our services based on the guests' thoughts and opinions. I am glad to read that you fully enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your positive feedback regarding our delicious food and bar service. I have taken note of your suggestion and will use it for further improvements. I look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Best regards,

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

Just returned from this fabulous hotel we spent 2 weeks in the penthouse suit which was amazing and had everything , the hotel grounds are beautiful and very well maintained and you are a stone throw away from their private beach , the food was fantastic there was something for everyone with lots to choose from my favourite meal time was breakfast with all there lovely pastries, your staff are a credit to you they were all very friendly and always done there best to please you , the only recommendation I would give you is that it would be nice to have a rattan sofa in balcony somewhere comfortable to just sit and read and watch the world go by , the balcony in penthouse is such a big space I think it would benefit it a great deal . I would like to thank Zehra from housekeeping who done a marvellous job keeping our room clean , and the restaurant manager for our friendly chats each day and also guest relations for all there help . I would highly recommend this wonderful hotel for a quiet relaxing holiday and I cannot wait to come back next year .

Stayed: April 2017
1  Thank Carol H
BarutHotels, General Manager at Barut Acanthus & Cennet, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear Carol,

Thank you for recognizing the commitment, dedication, and attention to detail that our team delivers every day. I am delighted to hear that you found our food, beach, and staff interactions to your liking. I truly appreciate the time you have taken to tell us about your experience at the Barut Acanthus & Cennet and hope to see you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 14 September 2017

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Jet2holidays

Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

I have been very lucky to Holiday at least once a year for the majority of my 40 odd years... I must say this up there with any of my previous best ( The Bellagio Las Vegas being my No 1) This place ticks so many boxes.. The Hotel itself is Modern well maintained,with an excellent beach front location.
Rooms spacious modern ultra clean quality fixtures & fittings, powerful walk in shower... Free safety deposit box along with free powerful WiFi throughout the entire hotel and it's ground's are a nice touch.
Food & Drink... The quality and quantity of the food is very impressive along with the 3 free Al a carte restaurants they really have got you covered..!!!
Plenty of premium brands are included in the drinks offer and their cocktail menu would not be out of place at any 5*.Super Hotel anywhere in the World.
Finally the STAFF are the real Jewel in the crown here they are tireless in there efforts to please and pamper Guests...
I am alas on my last full day here in 1319 but I am sure I will be back to this Wonderful Hotel.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank alan m
BarutHotels, General Manager at Barut Acanthus & Cennet, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2017

Dear Alan,

Thank you very much for your amazingly detailed and positive review about your stay at the Barut Acanthus & Cennet. I am thrilled to hear that our hotel has become as your preferred choice of accommodation in Antalya and that our staff was able to make your stay a comfortable and enjoyable one. Special thanks for highlighting our delicious food and extensive facilities. It will be our great pleasure to have you as our guest again in the very near future.