“great place to stay” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #26 of 323 Hotels in Manavgat
Crawley, United Kingdom
“great place to stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2012

Stayed here for a week.the hotel is really gorgeous.. lobby, reception, pool area, bar ect... cant say the same about the rooms tho. best bit..ermmm id say the food! its really yummy, especially the deserts! :) the water at the bathroom took ages to heat up, the shower it self was a bit.... old and the tiles needed some work. The bed was a bit hard. if you are a lady, the male staff wont leave you alone. really annoyed me. entertainment was really good, i was in tears every night with their shows :) (couldnt stop laughing) really good! there is some great places to visit such as the manavgat water falls, perge, aspendos, market etc. to be honest i thought i was in iraq, the area where the hotel is.. its a bit.... scary in my opinion. i didnt leave the hotel unless i was going on a excursion with other guests. the thomson representatives made us feel we were home wich was reeeealllyyy good :)

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank strellicya
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (456)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Colchester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2012

My partner and I spent 11 nights at Pegasos world in June 2011. Needless to say, it was the best holiday we have ever had!

The hotel is incredible; very neatly kept and set within vast grounds. The hotel has shops within it but I would recommend shopping in Side or Manavgat as these are cheaper. Initially we were put into a room on the ground floor which was provided with a patio rather than balcony. However, as we had paid extra for a balcony and sea view we asked to be moved. The hotel did this immediately with no fuss and our room on the first floor was excellent. The only downside to the room was that the air-conditioning was no way cold enough for the very hot climate. Although, we don't believe this to be the case throughout because our first room air conditioning was brilliant.

The food at the hotel was nice but repetitive and catered for many nationalities (expect more of a continental breakfast). Also, many of the dishes provided were Turkish with a lot of grilled veg. That said, we loved the kebabs, flat bread, fruit and doughnuts. They sell snacks for the majority of the day at the poolside bar and this was very popular. DONT MISS OUT on the gozleme tent situated between the pool and the beach (by the towel hut), these are Turkish style pancakes and are delicious and free!

The pool was out of this world, it is the largest in the med but is so well kept and clean. There was always plenty of room for the many guests and the water slides (although mostly used by children) were great fun!! I would come back here for the pool alone if nothing else!!

The beach is lovely and sandy (unlike many Turkish beaches) but we did not venture down there too often because we loved the pool so much. The water gets deep very quickly so be aware of this if taking children to the sea.

The location of the hotel was second to none and I give credit to the Turkish bus service which was regular and reliable (unlike ours in the UK!). It was a 15 min bus ride to Side which is beautiful with stunning views and historic features as well as having many delicious places to eat. A 20 min bus trip from the hotel to Manavgat on market day is well worth a visit (if you like shopping), there is an enormous food market and endless other stalls. I advise you to haggle whenever you can as they tend to drop the price hugely!

All in all, the whole holiday was incredible and extremely good value for money. We absolutely loved every minute of it and would recommend it to everybody. I would love to return one day!

Room Tip: There are very few rooms with a sea-view as there are palm trees all along the shore so it is best...
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Polly_Sam
Espoo, Finland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2012

Pegasos World is a large complex with excellent pools, tennis courts, beach volleyball fields, kids club and watersport kiosks on the beach. The hotel room or actually separate two rooms were clean and spacious for me and my twins aged 9. I was sceptical if all inclusive food selection was too boring but was surprised how well different restaurants suited to the needs of me and my kids. Excellent week altogether.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank Reissu-Reiska
Exeter, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2012

We had our holiday here in July, I have taken my time writing this review because I needed to have a good think about what to put because I didn't want to give the hotel a bad review because our issue wasn't with the hotel.

We arrived at the hotel early hours of the morning after a 6 hour delay at Bristol airport. The reception staff were quick and polite. The entrance to the hotel was lovely and was too a high standard. We were shown to our room, we were in the 'British Block' which is fairly close to the main building.

The hotel grounds were lovely and well maintained, groundsmen were always out cutting the lawn.

This was our 1st family holiday abroad & our children who were 7 & 5 at the time really loved the pool, they couldn't believe how big it was an fell in love with the ship! We hardly saw them at all when we were at the pool.

We did find that if you wanted a decent sun bed you would have to be there at the crack of dawn to get one, think the earliest my husband went down was about 7 and most of them had gone, people were doing it the night before! there are signs saying not to do it but no one took any notice.

The only fault we had with the hotel was the toilets, people were putting their used toilet roll in the bins....not down the toilet. I know in some countries this is how they do things, so fair enough, but the cleaners could at least have been a bit more frequent at emptying the bins. The smell was dreadful! we went at their hottest time as well, temperature reached to about 45'c and the smell in that heat put you off your food!

The entertainment was 'OK', got a bit fed up with all the different translations when they were talking, took about mins to just say 'Good evening, Welcome, hope you enjoy the show' because they had about 6 languages to say it in!

Another little snag that annoyed me was the kids club, took us ages to find it and when we did they didn't welcome us at all, they just looked at us like we were from a different planet. They were doing t-shirt painting at the time and we were trying to get the girls involved as there were only about 3 other kids there and 3 members of staff, but they weren't interested at all, we waited for about 5 mins, asked if they could join in, staff said yes and walked off! so we gave up, let them get back in the pool where they seemed to have the most fun.

Apart from that one issue with the toilets we couldn't have faulted the hotel at all.

On our day of departure, the manager approached us when we were waiting for our pick up. He asked us if we had enjoyed our stay and would we recommend to friends. My reply was very honest and I will say it again....

I would recommend this hotel...BUT....I would HIGHLY recommend that you find out when the peak season for the British is! We went on the very last day of the school term, the day the schools broke up for summer holidays, how we wished we had waited a week or 2 because they were all Russian, Polish etc etc. They well and truly put a downer on our holiday. :(

In the food halls my children dreaded it, they were pushed into the hot counters because they were all in such a rush to get there food, they were rude and had no respect for others. They were greedy, they all had at-least 2 plates each...even the children, over filled, they were so greedy! Even our children noticed it that they said they were being pigs, have a little bit and then go and get more if they were hungry!
Even round the pool & in the pool they would push past you, move your things & just push you about.
By the end of the week we were treating them how they treated us and got funny looks because of it! One rule for one and one for another obviously! We didn't enjoy having to do it but it got to the point our children couldn't get a drink on their own because they would always come back crying and we just got fed up with it.

We only went for a week & by the end of the week we couldn't wait to get home because we had just had enough of the other holiday makers! On the last day of our holiday we noticed allot more English there, which was a shame because the girls had started to make friends that day and we were leaving.

The Manager did apologise about this but did say he couldn't really do allot about that (Not in those word, it was politer), which to be honest is completely understandable, if it was a fault with the hotel he could fix it, but this wasn't the hotels fault.

We did do a excursion through Thompson, which was a trip to a Market and then a boat trip with lunch, forget which one exactly, but we all really enjoyed it and the girls found it so fascinating because they all so got to see the different ways of living and experienced the mosque prayer time noise (forget what its called).

We also took a trip to side, which was recommendatory by some other holiday makers (English!). I was unsure about this as I like to do things with reps because I get lost finding my way home without drinking... so going out in another country well that's well and truly out my comfort zone! But OMG.... I am so glad we done this, Side was beautiful! We took a taxi from outside the hotel, We were going to get the bus, but after a bit of bartering with prices we ended up with a taxi...which was an experience and a half! All I can say is; Make sure you wear your seat belt & make sure you get yourself out & any children out the car quickly cos they are in a hurry! as I was getting my 5 year old out he decided to drive off! after allot of shouting and my daughter hanging out the car her stopped and couldn't apologise enough!
Side is well worth a visit.

I would defiantly recommend this hotel, But, I would also do your homework to find out when the it's the British peak season.
Every time we heard someone English we would try having a conversation with them because we were so pleased to hear someone English, and after talking to them they said exactly the same as us...needed more English there.

I hope you find this review helpful and if you need to know anything else please just ask and I'll try my best to help.

Oh and Ice cream was only available at certain times of the day and was only for children! with those temps we were in it should have been more & for adults too! we did try, but they knew who were our children and remembered they had already had one each!

If you do choose this hotel, have fun, it was a lovely hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank bringontheholiday
Kielce
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2011

We spend here our holidays with 5 years old girl, but I think hotel is not only for families. There are few separate buildings and you can ask about more quiet, separate room. Receptionists were very helpful. We were two families, we asked about 2 neighbour rooms and those were given. During one week, almost every day we discovered some new area in a hotel - circus, theatre, amusement park. Hotel has few separate areas - for small kinds, slides for older kinds and slide for teeeagers and adults. there is as well a quiet area and beach area, so really - a lot to chose. You can eat in main restaurant - food is OK, for 1 week can be. you always can choose a la carte restaurant but - be careful - you pay for extra drinks and at least we were not advised. The waiter told us: we recommend ...wine" but he didn't add that is extra paid. Of course in this situation we didn't pay for the wine, but - be careful it can break a nice opinion about hotel. Hotel, as building is ok, 4*, bathrooms are very simple but clean. Evening entertaiment on quite high level as per holiday resort.
Beach is wide and sandy. Spa is very good with wide selection of services. I do reccomend this hotel as well for coulpes.

Room Tip: I would suggest rooms in buildings near the pools especially when you are with children.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family