“What a holiday!”

Ranked #3 of 283 Hotels in Kemer
London
“What a holiday!”
Reviewed 28 April 2012

We just returned from Palmiye after a fantastic time. We did not know what to expect as this was the first time we visited one of the Club Med resorts... and what a great surprise! Even though the weather was a bit windy one day, the sunshine on the other days totally made up for it.

We stayed at the hotel and were impressed by its cleanliness, the service, and above it all, the staff. Abdel (the Chef de Village) and his staff of GOs make you feel like you're part of a big family, always with a smile on their faces.

The food... what can I say about the food apart that it is fantastic. Yes, it is an all inclusive resort and you expect all the food you can eat, but you have different "specialties" each day of the week, which makes it even more enjoyable. And, if one day you feel like having a different type of food, you can always go to the Topkapi restaurant, where you have a different type of atmosphere, with beautiful surroundings and a fantastic menu.

The room... we stated on the 4th floor of the hotel in one of the rooms with a sea view. It was clean, tidy and even though it was not enormous, you don't feel claustrophobic. The only downside is that if you are very tired and want to go to sleep early, you will hear all the noises from the people downstairs or the music from the beachside bars/club. However, I have to admit that this was not a big problem.

The activities... There's always something for everybody! Sailing, archery, running, aquaerobics, aerobics, tennis. Whatever your activity, there is something you can do and the GOs are always willing to teach/help.

The GOs... the element that makes all the other points so enjoyable are the GOs. Always with a smile, always helping you to try something new! I had never sailed by myself but with the expert teachings from Roberto and Marco and the help of Ahmet, I was able to give it a go... what an experience! On the Archery range, Clement and Sukru were always willing to give you pointers and allow you to have a great time. If you felt like not leaving the pool (heated!) and were willing to try Aquaerobics, Youri (the head of sports) was always ready to give you workout that would leave you ready to hit the lounge chairs and take a long nap. Last but not least, Laurent and the reception staff, you definitely made our stay more enjoyable as whatever question we had, they were always ready to answer it.

As many other reviews point out, it's a French company and the vast majority of the guests are French, but also the vast majority of the GOs speak English or another language, so, if your French is like mine, you don't feel isolated or are left with a "What?" face because there is always someone who will do the explanation/translation in English.

Overall, GREAT! We would definitely go back! We are Club Med converts!

Punta Cana... here we go!

Room Tip: Choose a room with Sea views... the higher up, the better! The aircon doesn't work on the first...
4 Thank IWantAClubMedHoliday
ClubMedUK_official, Manager at Club Med Palmiye, responded to this review, 1 May 2012
Dear Great Member,

We thank you warmly for writing this amazing review on Trip Advisor after your stay in our Palmiye Club Med Resort. We are really pleased to see you and your family had a good time there, and that you enjoyed our staff enthusiasm, the quality and diversity of the food, and the cleanliness of your room with sea view.

We are also glad to see that you tried your hand at so many sports, with the support of our well trained G.O.s!

We now look forward to see you in our Punta Cana Resort!

Your Club Med UK Team
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London
Reviewed 24 April 2012

We stayed in the hotel part with no expectations as this was our first club med. We were blown away! The staff were super friendly and the room was fantastic. After overcoming the language barrier, the kids club was also fantastic!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Jack L
Dear Great Member,

Thank you very much for writing this great review on Trip Advisor after your 1st stay with Club Med at our Palmiye Resort. We are really glad to see that you enjoyed the friendliness of our staff and the quality and comfort of your accommodations.

We are also happy to read that you found the Children’s Clubs fantastic!

We hope to see you again soon in one of our Resorts.

Cardiff, UK
Reviewed 21 April 2012

We have just returned from Palmiye and have had a fantastic holiday. The resort is beautiful. Lots to do if you are sporty/active or very relaxing if you want to just "chill" on the beach or at the pool. The food is absolutely delicious (my diet starts Monday!) and we ended our holiday having dinner at the Turkish restaurant (fantastic setting!) I holidayed with my 6 year old Son, 19 year old niece and her boyfriend. Whatever age, there is something for everyone at Clubmed. I would like to mention the staff though. Yes, it is a French company, but the GOs we met were so warm and friendly (and speak English!) In particular the Chef de village, Abdel, is an amazing ambassador for the company. He is professional and very friendly. Constantly chatting with his guests, ensuring their comfort and happiness. Also Julien, again a true asset to Clubmed and finally TomTom from the kids club, my sons hero! Thank you to you all. We have just had the best time ever and are still buzzing!
I LOVE THE CLUBMED CONCEPT and would absolutely recommend it to all. My family and I are going to make it one of our annual holidays. Next on the list.....Punta Cana! Cant wait!

1 Thank Bevwilliams
Dear Great Member,

Many thanks for the time you took to write this fantastic review on Trip Advisor after your stay in our Palmiye Club Med Resort. We are really pleased to see you and your family enjoyed everything that Club Med has to offer, from the great food to the activities for all the family and, of course, our convivial and friendly G.O’s and Chef de Village!

We are glad to see that you are now Club Med converts, and we hope you will have a good time in our Punta Cana Resort!

Geneve Switzerland
Reviewed 18 April 2012

We just returned from Club med Palmiye Kemer and I have to say we were all blown away with the quality of the village, service and overall experience! We went with medium expectations because of previous club med experiences and also a poor weather report but this was beyond our expectations. I could go on and on but let me say that the welcome from this GO team and chef were outstanding! The energy of the GO's was contagious and lead to a great vacation.
In particular I want to mention the team of the mini club. The couscous team was so great I was tempted to spend the day with our daughter (6 years) at the mini club! In particular the "responsable"-Tomtom and the GO's Clem, Andrea, Eliza, and Yeshim were not only fun, spirited but I also very responsible, there was excellent concern for fun and safety. The shows couscous team put on at night were hilarious and I would rush through my dinner to go watch with the kids. (Just worth mentioning we are Canadian but speak French so I'm not sure how an only English speaking child would fare..)
Also excellent was the circus team (Matmat, Khalid Flo and Julie) was amazing and my daughter and husband couldn't get enough of the trapeze
I also want to mention Lou in fitness. All her classes were fun, welcoming and she really knows her stuff--I've never done so many fitness classes in my life!
Abdel the chef de village was ever-present very personable; he seemed to know all the guests within a couple of days. Really I could go on and mention all the great services and people!
My only complaint and not specifically of club med was with a tour guide that we had on 2 excursions. He was from a separate agency so hopefully they will find someone else but he was not communicative and if people didn't ask questions he seemed offended and stopped talking.
Really despite some grey, cold weather this was one of our favourite vacations ever and I have the great team of Palmiye to thank!

2 Thank TrAdMe
Johannesburg
Reviewed 12 April 2012

We arrived in the secod week of the new season. That would explain the paint smell in the rooms. However they had gone the extra mile to give our kids a room with heavy cigarette smell. They changed it to a room at one end of the village. We had just recovered from this nasty welcome and left our room to get some food as we had not eaten anything all day. Well we were so stupid to think that we would find in this Club Med. It was already 4 .30 pm and we would not be able get some decent foodd even if we were ready to pay for it despite we were an all-inclusive customer. We had to suffice with soem biscuits, olives, cheese and pancakes. Then one employee took the great initiative of getting us some soup before we starved. That happende in the first 3-4 hours of our arrival. I can not wait to sEe what we will see in the coming days. In net, if you want to feel like a fool and starve after paying a huge amount of money, don't waste a second. You now know where you should go.

• Stayed April 2012