“Avoid it if you can”

Cuisines: Turkish
Kemer, Turkey
“Avoid it if you can”
Reviewed 4 May 2012

Agora Restaurant is conveniently located at the entrance of the popular with tourists and locals Moonlight Park. The restaurant has a nice design and it looks cozy and welcoming. But once you sit down and order a meal your experience is pretty much going down the hill from there.

I used to come to Kemer a lot, and I had dinner at Agora with friends a few years back and remember the experience wasn't that great, but I tend to be forgiving and thought that something might have changed, so my husband and I gave it a try again - and were disappointed. The service was bad (which is unusual for Turkey), the shrimp came undercooked and it smelled not like the fresh shrimp would.

After I complained to the waiter he didn't react in any way, gave us a huge bill and we left. They never apologized for serving spoilt shrimp, they just took the money and off we went.

Their hope, of course was that we were tourists and we'd never be back again, but we now live in Kemer and I do avoid the place like the plague.

Keep you cash for better restaurants. Turkey is amazing, so don't let this poor restaurant ruin your experience of this beautiful country and its cuisine.

• Visited October 2011
2 Thank Tankalou
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow