See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 June 2017

This is a hotel With a very good location in all manners. It is Close to the city center With restaurants, bars and pulsing evening to the square and the harbour.
It is in a quiet street and it's quiet and easy to relax and have time for yourselves. Across thestreeet from the main entrance it is stairs Down to the private sundeck With a Nice Beach bar serving good lunches and drinks after Your own Choice.

It is i very Nice and proud hotel, but could need some maintenance, but it is forgotten when you take all the other aspects into consideration.

It also has a SPA and HAMMAM which we have used several times.

On Our last trip we unfortunately forgot some stuff in the room that was very important for us. When we found out a day later we made a phone Call and explained the situation and Guess what...... they found it and sent it to Our home address in Norway.
Is this good service ??

Room Tip: try to get with seaview .... as allways
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 October 2016

Second visit to the Hera and it was nicer than last year with evidence that money is being spent improving the place. The room was excellent, clean, amazing views, all you need. Breakfast isn't a culinary treat it is basic and a bit repetitive. Staff are always friendly enough and the Hera just sits conveniently just outside Kas, which is a great place to shop, drink and eat.

Room Tip: Pay extra, get a front room.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 August 2016

We had spent only 1 night here but it was enough to see how wrong decision we had made. The elevator which is used to reach first floor (entrance of pool and rooms) was broken since very long time. The other one which is used to reach floors had been broken too next morning. Breakfast was poor. Room was not too bad but beds were not comfortable for my children. Hotel location was ok but we believe that you can find a better hotel around. It needs a complete renewal I believe!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 July 2016

I had the best room overlooking pool and sea. Room was OK, but service was not good. there are two elevators and the first one was out of order. They said it won't be repaired soon. we left next day.
Hotel needs a complete renovation.
Their swimming area is one of the best in Kas.

Room Tip: don't go before it is refurbihed.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2016

If you are reading this review because you are thinking of booking your holiday at Hera Hotel, then PLEASE look elsewhere now! Do not make the same mistake i did.

I looked through the reviews on Trip Advisor for Hera Hotel before booking our holiday and noticed the reviews are very mixed. Little did I know at this point, just how terrible the rooms were. There are beautiful hotels like Nur Beach, Rhapsody, Sea View Hotel just a few doors down from Hera which are the SAME price per night (all beautifully modern and friendly staff) try those instead, trust me.

This was our 4th holiday in Kas and this year we decide to book a hotel close to town (we usually book a villa on the peninsular). We walked past Hera Hotel last year and noticed how beautiful and grand it looks on the outside. So we decided to try Hera Hotel year and the rooms are shocking and far from beautiful or grand.

After reading a real mixture of good and bad reviews on here about Hera Hotel, i decided to take a risk and contact the hotel directly to book one of their 'Sea-facing re-furbished rooms'. Our re-furbished room booking was confirmed by the hotel and upon arrival we were shown to a room that was far from re-furbished and NOT worth 300 TL per night. We arrived at 1am and shown to our room by a man with almost no English. At this point we are tired and decide to wait until the morning.

So we wake up on our first morning in Kas and the room is worse in daylight:

Stains on bed linen!
NO safe (this is a standard thing for a hotel right?)
The bed was rock hard.
The side tables, wardrobe doors and dressing table were chipped.
Our 'mini bar' had nothing in it, not even a bottle of water.
The bathroom was MOULDY.
The tiles in the bathroom were cracked.
All door handles were rusty and felt horrible to even touch.

My pictures attached to this review support each point stated above.

So i've booked a re-furbished room and we are put in a room that is so old the whole thing needs updating to make it look half-decent? At this point i feel a mixture of anger and real disappointment. I could have cried.

It's our first morning and my partner is washing his hands in the basin in the bathroom and two chunky marble tiles fell off and almost onto his foot. If they had fallen on his foot, they would have broken a toe. We told the reception straight away who told us he would sort this out whilst we went to the beach.
At this point we are desperate to get out of the room and head down to the beach for the day. On the way to the beach, we walk past several beautifully refurbished hotels with glass balconys and staff in uniform. We decide to take a risk and ask if they had any availability for the rest of our time in Kas. The thought of going back to Hera Hotel made me feel sad.
LUCKILY, one hotel did. A beautifully re-furbished room with a SPA bath! A mini-bar fully stocked, clean marble tiles, a smart TV and a glass balcony over looking the sea and mountains. It was at this point my partner and I decided we have to stay in this room and leave the awful room at Hera.

We head back to Hera Hotel to collect our luggage and check out. I had already paid for one night as a deposit so I assumed our check out process would be fairly easy as we had only stayed for one night.
At this point the man on reception was rude, blunt and demanded we pay him another 300 TL before we can check out. Another 300 TL for a night we weren’t even having at Hera Hotel? Shocking behaviour. The worst part was, he then tried to persuade us to look at an alternative room – maybe a refurbished room? At this point I wanted to cry! I booked a RE-FURBISHED room and you put us in a horrible, old, mouldy room!

The whole experience was unprofessional and disappointing.

By the way the breakfast is shocking. My picture supports this! Only offered two types of fruit however when you go into town you can buy lots of different types of fresh fruit everywhere? Hot food looked hideious, I didn’t even touch it.
Our new hotel made us fresh omlettes and tea everyday. We would never have received that sort of service from Hera Hotel.

At that point we leave Hera Hotel and go to our new hotel for the rest of our stay in Kas. We had the most amazing 10 days in a luxurious room in another hotel just a few doors down from Hera. The room was just 50 TL more per night but it was SO worth it. On reflection, I am so glad we were brave enough to stand our ground and leave Hera Hotel on our first day.

Room Tip: The rooms are mouldy and old, AVOID
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple