“Good food.”

Ranked #6 of 224 Restaurants in Kalkan
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 4 October 2017

Great views from restaurant. Calamari starters were best I have ever had. Honey chilli chicken main course was superb. Will definitely return.

Date of visit: September 2017
1  Thank uktiger

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Went to the Sunset after changing our minds about our first choice because they were showing football. Sorry, but just a bug bear of mine.
We were the only people here for a while as most seem to get intercepted by the staff of Korsan before they get to the Sunset.
The chilli and aubergine starters were great and you also get a small appetiser before your meal. We both had the special pan fried dishes that were freshly prepared, I had the dish with lambs liver and my wife had the chicken version. Both were excellent.
One small annoyance is that the owner, who is clearly passionate about his food, always suggests an alternative to the dish you have chosen. We heard him do this to another person who arrived and ordered food.

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

During my visit to kalkan I was enjoying a walk down towards the harbour mid afternoon and was greeted by a gentleman outside the Sunset restaurant and expected the slightly pushy (as you find at a lot of restaurant's in turkey) invite to come and in and dine. Instead Yavos who i now believe to be the owner engaged in a conversation in which he seemed genuinely interested in us. After our walk we decided to return to the restaurant and what a good decision that was. I had the honey chilli chicken following the recommendation of Yavos a great dish that was, full of flavour, beautifully presented and delicious. To drink i had the frozen mint lemonade again delicious and very refreshing on a hot day. For dessert i went for the sugar lemon pancakes, didn't know what to expect but they were the best pancakes i have ever eaten. I was given the wi-fi code and was able to make a video Call due to the speed of the internet which was great. After the meal i was pleasantly surprised on the cleanliness of the bathroom. Yavos then took the time to answer my many questions about the surrounding area - a really kind and helpful man. 183 lira for 2 courses for 2 people with 6 drinks. This is a must visit restaurant in kalkan i will be back many times in the future - i can't say this about many restaurant's. Wow!

1  Thank Alastair W
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

We had a fabulous lunch here. The owner Yavos was the perfect host. He spoke to us outside the restaurant and explained the menu to us. He asked our names and was interested in us. There was absolutely no hard sell and no pressure. We were just out for a walk and said we might come back
later. We did go back and were not disappointed. The ambience was fabulous. We were seated at the front of the restaurant overlooking the sea and a few minutes later it was suggested that we move the table to prevent getting sunburnt which proved to be a good move! Our drinks were brought having both opted for the frozen mint lemonade which is homemade - including pressing the lemons - and absolutely delicious and perfect for a hot day. I ordered the fish cakes which were sea bass and swordfish. They were served with a delicious sauce, potato wedges and a simple salad. Just the kind of food I like with no heavy sauces. My son chose the honey chilli chicken which came with bulgar wheat and potato wedges. It looked beautiful and I was assured that it tasted as good as it looked. Dessert followed and I chose the homemade tiramisu and my son opted for the pancakes. Both came beautifully presented and tasted divine. I was then offered an apple tea on the house. After the meal we chatted with the owner who is actually from Kalkan and lives above the restaurant about the town and the changes over the years and he gave us good advice on places to go shopping in Fethiye. He even shared is own personal bowl of pomegranate with me!!
In summary, this is definitely the best restaurant I have eaten in in Kalkan and probably anywhere - ever. The food, the welcome, the ambience were all perfect, and were topped off by an amazing location overlooking Kalkan harbour and bay.
We found this restaurant by chance but it was a very lucky discovery.

2  Thank eurotraveller08
Reviewed 3 October 2017

I would recomend eating anywhere else in Kalkan as for the same price you can have pretty exceptional seafood and traditional turkish dishes (like korsan meze next door)
Sunset was dissapointing with nothing tasting particularly fresh. Service was also not very good!

Date of visit: September 2017