My partner Vanessa and I, accompanied by our two 16 year old daughters and joined for part of the holiday by our 18 year old daughter spent 2 weeks in this villa. It was wonderful to be so central to town where all could step out and do as they pleased. There was no need for a car. The building comprises 2 two bed apartments that are self contained. We took both as it also operated as 1 four bed house with 2 kitchens and fully air conditioned. Even though we were so central we had the luxury of our own pool. Views were also taken care of with a generously proportioned roof terrace with a great view over the bay. The agent was so helpful. We had a couple of issues, self imposed, but she was on it. The pool man even took our rubbish away a couple of times which was way beyond the call of duty. Any family who likes Turkey, Kalkan and being so centrally based will love this Villa. Thanks for a great holiday.
Having returned from our 7th visit to Kalkan and our 5th stay at the lovely villa Shapindral, we would not stay anywhere else.
The villa is situated only metres from the old town but is in a peaceful location.
Shapindral is fully equipped with more than you will need for your holiday.
The kitchen has plenty of pots, pans,crockery etc, full size fridge freezer, full cooker, microwave, dishwasher, washing machine, toaster, iron and ironing board!
The lounge having a sofa, two chairs, floor cushions and a music centre.
There are two bedrooms one having an en-suite and also a large family bathroom.
The very spacious roof terrace has 4 sun loungers, table and 4 chairs and a barbeque,
the views are amazing and our favourite times of the day are having breakfast there and a drink at sunset
before going out to dinner.
The pool is in a peaceful setting amongst lovely flowers and bushes, with shade if needed during the day.
We have had the pleasure of meeting the owners of the villa Phil and Sandra while we have been staying there, they are very friendly and helpful and will help with any queries you may have and are very knowledgeable about all the fabulous restaurants!
We are looking forward already to our stay next year in the fabulous Shapindal!!
My husband and I stayed in the upstairs apartment of the villa for one week.
The villa was clean, well equipped and comfortable. Air con in bedrooms and living room. Kitchen is fully equipped with everything you would need, crockery, cutlery, pots and pans. There is a washing machine if you want to to the dreaded holiday wash before you leave Turkey and go home with a case full of clean clothes.
The roof top terrace is beautiful with four lovely loungers for sunbathing and the views over the bay are just gorgeous. There is a BBQ also, however we ate out most nights but it had charcoals and all the utensils you would need. There is also a table and chairs, we ate breakfast up there every morning and had drinks up there in the evening before going out for dinner - so so lovely.
There is also two maidens, one on the roof and one on the balcony just off the living room to hang washing/towels if needed.
The pool at the front of the villa is great for cooling off and is well looked after. There are also four sun loungers at the front of villa by the pool. The pool man came every other day to maintain the pool and he was very friendly and greeted both my husband and I as we were going out for the day.
The owners of the villa, Phil and Sandra were staying in the ground floor apartment during our stay and were so welcoming. Nothing was too much trouble for them and they arranged transfers to and from the airport for us.
The exterior of the villa is so beautiful and the little garden and the front has beautiful plants and flowers providing privacy from the street.
The location of Villa Shapindral is smack bang in the centre of Kalkan and within walking distance to everything.
What a fantastic stay we had, really cannot recommend this villa enough. Looking forward to our next stay already!
We felt so lucky to be staying in this super-charming and brilliantly located villa with its own pool and just literally metres from the Town. The entrance to the villa via a secure gate draped in bougainvillea is so pretty. The pool is very well maintained on a daily basis by a pool man. Thankfully the pool didn't cause stinging eyes (we all know why that happens)!
The layout of the villa suited us very well; there are 2 self-contained apartments, one of which also has access to a huge upper terrace with amazing views. This effectively means that a large family group can have some privacy but also independence. Our group of 2 families got together for rooftop BBQs and pooltimes but it was great to be private when we wanted that. There are 3 ensuite bathrooms and 2 family bathrooms - plenty to go round. Space is generous for 2 families with effectively 2 well-equıpped kitchens and 2 sitting rooms. Lovely selectıon of books to read. There's also a charming rear terrace area. We found the booking agent very helpful and even went out with her son on his boat. The manager of Gül Pansıyon next door was also a great help.
1. When we arrived we were told we would not be allowed to enter the villa before 5pm as there were people still there.
2. The villa was dirty when we arrived, with an old pringle box under a bed and blood stains on one of the sheets, not to mention the general uncleanliness of the place.
3. When the cleaners did come (after we were forced to call them) they advised that they only had half an hour to clean the entire villa. Upon taking out some supposedly clean linen, one of the bath mats had faeces on it.
4. The air conditioners were not working properly and we had to get someone in to fix them.
5. The shower in one of the bathrooms was not working, with the shower head dropping on one of our party’s head and the shower pipe itself squirting water out everywhere.
6. The cooker is a real safety hazard with the gas needing to be switched on at the source under the sink, then quickly lighting the one hob that had gas streaming out, and having to switch the gas off again just to switch the hob off.
7. The area around the pool with a wooden fence was extremely dangerous as it was not secure (it wobbles) and with such a sheer and long drop the other side it was a real worry that one of our children would fall.
8. The pool cleaning chemicals were situated within very easy reach of children, and so much was put in to the pools that all our swimwear went yellow, not to mention the inability to enjoy swimming due to stinging eyes.
9. None of the windows locked which gave us great cause for concern with regard to our children.
10. The idea of allowing a complete stranger to access the property, to clean the pool, was against
what any parent would feel comfortable with and I would suggest that you make other arrangements for that task. God knows who else had access to the villa.
|How easy was it to book the property?||How helpful were the directions to the property?|
|How easy was key pickup/access to the property?||Overall condition of the property|
|Bedding & mattresses||Kitchen & utensils|
|Bathroom cleanliness||Other facilities & amenities|