“Lovely ”
Review of Kaya Restaurant

Kaya Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 222 Restaurants in Kalkan
Cuisines: Turkish
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 11 May 2018 via mobile

Kaya is in a fab spot just across the road from Hunkar and close to the Samira Hotel. I had the Persian chicken, a nice portion served with rice. The sauce was delicate and very light. A real creamy flavour delicious. My husband had the lamb which was tender and ver tasty served on a bed of mash. We were really pleased with our choices. The staff were attentive and very friendly. So glad we went.

Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

This was our first visit to Kaya Restaurant although my daughter has been in the past and she had liked it. We had a really lovely meal here and would return again in the future.

Reviewed 27 October 2017

Nice environment with comfortable furniture. My guest had aubergine with minced lamb and cheese, I had the goat stew on a bed of rosemary mash. The goat was very good, tender and tasty and not overwhelmed by the sauce. The aubergine was ok but on the bland side mainly because thete wasn’t much meat. Nice olives gratis and good, expert service.

Reviewed 25 October 2017 via mobile

Introduced to Kaya by friends who were Kalkan veterans. We must have driven or walked past it many times on its place near the Kalamar Road roundabout, but hadn't noticed or tried it, and it has to be said the Kaya frontage doesn't stand out or do the food and ambience justice.

The proprietors are lovely people and great characters just to chat to, which we did one evening over a beer. The food is wonderful and embraces snacks and full meals and can be great for lunch or dinner, both of which we tried.

But I think it's the ambience and warm spontaneous charm which impresses me most; on our last day I was trapped by a downpour and soaked by a passing car when they saw me and insisted I shelter with them and plied with free hot drinks and towels. Damn few places would have done the same. Bless you Kaya, you're a Kalkan gem.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

Very attentive service well presented food and delicious taste. The goat stew is in my top 10 of dishes so tender just perfect and the duck starter really tasty . Good selection on menu plus specials board with some really different choices . Inventive ideas good move for choice