“A solid 5 star for a family holiday during Easter”

Delphin Palace Hotel
Ranked #22 of 234 Hotels in Antalya
Reviewed 26 April 2012

We are a family of four (2 adults, 1 grown up child of 18, 1 child of 3.5) travelling during the Easter holiday (April 6 – 13). We wanted a holiday of total relax, luxurious setting, comfortable room, good food, and that was exactly what we had.

Room
Rooms are incredibly clean, including the dead corners in the toilet!
We chose the standard room which has one big double bed and 1 single, as well as a setee that can be turned into a bed slightly smaller than the single. The balcony faces to next door with 20% sea view. We knew this at the time of booking and we didn’t regret not spending £160 more for a sea view! The room (on the left wing) gets the sun in the morning which gave my husband nice start for an hour or 2 in the morning. The occasional delivery in the evening never caused us any problem as the room has good sound-proof. The frig is refilled daily with more than enough beer, soft drinks, peanuts and  charc bars.
TV has National Geography which is brilliant. It also has BBC news.
The toilet has toothpaste, combs, shampoo and shower gel.

This is the highlight of the holiday and the presentation, freshness, variety of the food make dinner time something to look forward to. There are snack bars, bars, smaller restaurants scattered across the hotel so within 50 metres you will have access to nice food! We have never had any stomach problems during the stay, by the way, even when I used the tap water to brush my teeth daily.
I read the reviews of some complaint that things get ‘repetitive’ after a week. Well I don’t know what these people eat at home, but we have never been short of choice! Breakfast has less offer to be fair, but we choose to skip it completely to save room for a feast at lunch time!
My little one has unlimited supply of good quality ice cream all day long ( I recommend the raspberry one), and my hubby enjoyed the beer and wine and thought the local produce are reasonable. Pop corns and candy floss in the evening was a bonus.
We went in high season (Easter bank holiday) and the rooms were full. However we have never had a problem to find a good seat with the exception of one day when there was heavy wind so outdoor seating was closed. You will need to queue for a short while during peak time for fresh cook counter such as fish and spaghetti, but why rush on holiday?
The service is top and they keep asking you if you need more and we rarely needed to ask!
The restaurant deco was expensive with good quality. What I do like is the small children play area at the corner outside, so that if you have a restless child who can’t sit till you finish your 10th course, she can go and have fun while you can keep an eye on her!
We used the a la carte once and enjoyed the eating environment (relaxed, good and quick service) but reverted back to the buffet as we loved the variety. If you are a couple, book at the a la carte to have some quietness and romantic setting to yourselves.

Entertainment
During the week we have seen a very good balloon show, a magician show, a children orchestra and a cabernet. I have to say the quality is very high (except the cabaret  which is average, although the ladies are pleasing to the eye so I enjoyed that too).
The play group runs daily from 1000-1700 and have a wide range of activities, My daughter had a difference face painting every day, she loved the staff and the kitten (yes there are many cats at the hotel) and made friends. Her favourite is the mini disco every evening and she still remembers the German nursery rhythms! I think exposure to other languages and cultures are a great thing and part of the fun for a holiday!
Staff at the Mini Club are very attentive and loving. I can’t believe many parents just left their children (some as young as 4) with the staff (I accompanied my daughter at all times)! They are watchful when the door opened, when parents picked up their children. I felt they are in safe hands.
The fun fair opened daily between 2-4.30pm. There are 4-5 good rides and you never had to wait. As soon as one guest arrived, the staff will operate till you said ‘enough’! I agree with some reviews that safety is not the same UK standards, but as long as you keep an eye on little one, I was relaxed. The only item I avoided is the bump car as there is no seat belt and when we clashed my daughter’s head  bumped onto the steering wheel.

Staff
There were a number of negative reviews about the ‘German, Russian’, ‘rudeness’, staff not speaking English. We found this completely nonsense and it made me cross once I saw how hard the staff worked and tried to cater for all nationalities! Some of us are really spoilt and I have to assume that they are not happy people at home to start with!
Nearly all staff speak good/adequate English, including the room cleaning ladies.
The first day was a little shock when a male staff all of sudden picked up my daughter when we walked past, tickling her toddler tummy and pretended to take her away from us! We were shocked by immediately recovered as the cultural difference. We didn’t mind this but I can see how other English parents may react!

Swimming
We went in peak season (all rooms are full) but have never had to reserve a sun lounger. Even near lunch time, we always were able to have a nice area (including the exotic ‘pavilion’ next to the loungers’. Being in early April, the outdoor pool was a bit chill but bearable and looks clean and lovely. The water slides was open most of the day and was huge fun!
The kids outdoor pool looks so inviting but as it is purposefully build in the shade, it is too cold for my daughter. But I can see how much fun she would have in summer season.
The indoor pool has a large adult pool and a reasonably sized and shallow pool for even the youngest. At the busiest it accommodated 18 children/parents without feeling too crowded.

Beach
The beach was lovely! The sand is between fine and course, but there are so many beautiful stones/shells it was fun to be on. The jetty was stylish. We didn’t swim in the sea but enjoyed walking and ‘chasing the waves’.

Weather
I was concerned early April might be rainy. The weather forecasts showed 2-3 ‘rainy/overcast’ days. However it only rained at night and the days were beautiful and sunny for 6 days. Only 1 day it was really windy so some outdoor facilities were closed. We had a nice tan back home.

Antalya
We used the hotel run bus and spent 4 hours at Antalya. The hotel runs 2 coached daily and they are PUNCTURAL so don’t be late!

Everywhere you can see the attention to details by the hotel, making facilities available for all groups.

BTW, we booked flights and hotel separately. Thomas Cook was ok and on time.

Conclusion: a genuinely luxury hotel with excellent facilities, service, entertainment, friendly staff with everything you need for a family with young children. We only stepped out of the hotel once and will go back again!

Tip: Antalya airport is a huge rip-off. A small bottle of water cost £2.5 and a carton of Pringles crisps cost £5! So pack up food or wait to be services onboard.

This message and any attachment are intended solely for the addressee and may contain confidential information. If you have received this message in error, please send it back to me, and immediately delete it. Please do not use, copy or disclose the information contained in this message or in any attachment. Any views or opinions expressed by the author of this email do not necessarily reflect the views of the University of Nottingham.

This message has been checked for viruses but the contents of an attachment may still contain software viruses which could damage your computer system: you are advised to perform your own checks. Email communications with the University of Nottingham may be monitored as permitted by UK legislation.

Room Tip: Even standard rooms are good enough but sea view if you spend lots of time at balcony
20  Thank weRNotstrangers
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 24 April 2012

Just returned from Delphin Palace 18th April after 7 nights so my little family and i were obviously there at the very same time as the last few reviewers.!!!
I can say that my views are very similar to theirs re the overall hotel cleanliness, pleasant staff and abundance of food. We too loved the snack bars and enjoyed the Pizza man and his Pizzas especially.
The Restaurant was busting at the seams most nights as said, but a few nights we went outside where it was slightly chilly but it did get little warmer over the week. The general feel of the hotel got better over the week also though my chap felt that the food was not 'meat' enough compared to other places we had holidayed( no carvery type stuff until they changed the menu on the Sunday just lots of stuff in sauces) and the entertainment was woeful compared to other locations of ours but that does not mean that the team did not try hard, it was just a little too amateur for us.
The other glaring matter was that the Waiting Staff were very nice and polite but regularly ignored us for ages sometimes. We never figured that one out but others also commented on similar happenings in this hotel this week and also at other nearby hotels which I can also confirm.
I went to the Delphin Diva for a visit one afternoon and really think I would have been happier there as the decor is much more contemporary and bright and it seemed somewhat 'buzzier' but I believe plenty of people really liked the Palace so it is really personal choice.
They are both going to be overshadowed by the Imperial though when it opens, as it does look superb.
All in all we had a good time but think maybe April was too early for us. The plus side to the changeable weather, slight lack of atmosphere and not all outdoor things open yet is the plethora of available sunbeds and cabanas and no queues on the slides or funpark which pleased my 9yr old immensely, and he found the daily restocked minibar in our room the best treat ever as we have always had to pay for this before,.
You would be hard pressed to say you were really unhappy here.

Room Tip: If you think you may be in your room a fair bit (perhaps families with tiny children etc who need na...
5  Thank trippers087
Reviewed 24 April 2012

The hotel is very nice but not 5 star. The rooms are very clean but not big.There are no ice machines on any floor. The air conditioner is centrally controlled and though it was pretty hot when we were there, it was not on. We had to sleep with doors open, which meant that we had to put up with light and sound from outside.They do not give any face soaps or body lotion in the bathroom, which I think was a pain.
Staff are very friendly and nice. Food was quite good too for meat lovers but not great for pure vegetarians. The frustrating part was waiting for drinks in the evening, during dinner in the main buffet restuarant. Avoid the a al carte, the choice is not good at all. Their buffet is much better.

There were days we got good service and other days where the service was not prompt. One afternoon we returned to our room and realised that the mini bar was empty. We phoned for it to be re-filled and an hour later nobody came. On phoning again, we got someone to fill it up.

The facilities were good and clean. There were minor isues with service. On the Saturday, the pistachio flavour ice cream available near the pool was finished and was never replenished again. We left on Sunday night and it was still not there.
Though the signs in the spa area clearly said that bathing suits required to enter the steam room and dry sauna rooms, we were horrified to find 3 topless ladies in the sauna, when we went there with our young teenage son. Even on complaining nothing was done.
On the whole, it is a nice, family friendly hotel with a relaxed atmosphere.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the top floor facing the pool. Don't go for standard room or partial see view...
6  Thank Neil91
Reviewed 22 April 2012

Arrived 8th April 2012 for 9 nights and travelled with Thomas Cook. Pre-booked seats not granted due to computer problems. Travelled with husband and 15yr old son. The hotel is lovely and clean and the maids work tirelessly to maintain high standards. Our room was on the front of the hotel on the 7th floor, although we overlooked the main road it wasnt noisy. It was spacious and clean. The mini-bar was filled daily with beer, various juices, water and snacks.The first couple of nights it was really difficult to get a seat in the restaurant, the hotel was full due to guests who had booked for the Delphin Diva being upgraded to Delphin Palace due to buiding work in Delphin Imperial (due to open 24th April and looks amazing). With the outside eating area not in use in the evenings the restaurant wasnt big enough to cater for all these people. People were stood up eating waiting for tables to become empty! One night we were told to go and have a drink at the bar in the lobby and come back later. It would of been better had they had 2 sittings. After a few days this improved as the restaurant opened 20minutes early so we took advantage and didnt encounter any problems after that. The restaurant at breakfast time was amazing.... freshly sqeezed orange juice and food made to order at the hot counters. The omelettes were fab. The food is the best we have ever had and we have stayed at 3 hotels in Lara Beach resort now. The pool area was great and the bar staff were lovely & really hardworking. The only critisism I would have is that the coffee was only luke warm. The latte's were amazing when hot. At lunchtime we tended to use the snack bars rather than the main restaurant as these are right next to the pool area. Again you are spoilt for choice, fresh pizza made to order (the pizza man was a lovely guy and spoke perfect english), fresh pasta, crepes, jacket potatoes (which my husband loved) aswell as the main snackbar where they did the usual burgers/chips etc. They also had fridges dotted around the hotel and you just helped yourself to cakes and biscuits. You would certainly never go hungry thats for sure. The entertainment team worked so hard and did a great job, they also worked in the Orion bar in the evening with the mini-disco and main entertainment usually between 9 and 10pm. The moonlight bar (on the jetty) was fab and it was lovely to sit out there and watch the world go by during the day.
We were told that the hotel would be closing for renovation works in November and re-opening early next year. We would certainly go back to this hotel in the future.

Room Tip: Would of liked to have used the Spa but found the prices really excessive.
2  Thank Sue C
Reviewed 21 April 2012

Just returned after a week at the Delphin Palace with an 8 and 1 year old. We really enjoyed it - the best bit being the mini disco for kids with popcorn, candy floss and cocktails.
The hotel offers more than the Lara Beach for kids - we loved it there but the kids vote was for the Delphin Palace. Staff were fun, food good, drinks range good and cleaning great. Lovely grounds and hotel is well maintained. Thinking of going back in Oct for our wedding anniversary. We do speak good German so this helped as some staff speak German better than English. Nice kids and adult cocktails. Animation team worked hard and my 8 year old loved their comedy show.

Room Tip: Make sure you request a cot if you need one.
1  Thank offtothemountains