“Fantastic place to stay”

Titanic Beach Lara Hotel
Ranked #18 of 232 Hotels in Antalya
Reviewed 5 August 2012

Firstly sorry that this is such a long review but I hope its balanced and helpful. We stayed here in July for two weeks and had a really great time. OK it wasn't perfect in every way, but not far off! We arrived at 2am and the impression inside the lobby definitely lifted our tired spirits (although reception greeting could have been a bit friendlier) - our room was on the 8th floor at the end of the corridor - we asked for a higher floor as the rooms are usually quieter and as we were at the end there was definitely no noise. However the balcony was large, but only had a safety rail across half of it, the rest of it was open and at a height that a child could climb up to! So we used the chairs on it to block off the unguarded bit, and kept the door locked. It meant that we never used the balcony which was a shame as we had a view of the sea from the other side. I would suggest that these rooms are never allocated to people with small children. The room itself though was nice - I think it had just been refurbished, and was attractively decorated. Beds were rock hard though, and the bed for my son was a converted chair/camp-bed. Fine for him as he's small, but for a bigger child it wouldn't have been ideal.
The grounds of the hotel are very impressive, and we all loved the pools. The one at the front of the hotel is much bigger than it looks in pictures and is really attractive with waterfalls and bridges. The kids pool did get very busy sometimes, and lots of kids were climbing up the slides to save going up the steps, or when they were turned off, which is where accidents occured. During our holiday the hotel did put up a sign to say that kids weren't allowed in the pool without parental supervision, but clearly this wasn't happening (or parents weren't bothered), so it would have been better to have a lifeguard on there all the time to stop the messing about. When they did turn up (about twice a day, just before the slides were turned off) they were strict with the kids, so it would have worked at other times. They certainly took no messing about on the big slides as their whistles were always blowing!
We didn't really find the sunbed thing a problem as we found a spot that was between the kids pool and the big pool, in the shade of the trees, and there was always a place there at 9am when we went down. It meant that one of us always had to go to the pool with our son as we wouldn't have been able to see him from where we lay but it was fine. Certainly better than getting up at 5am every morning! We did notice that there were a lot of people who reserved two sets of beds - one with their own towels, and then at another spot with the hotel towels - and then switched between the two as they felt like it (or didn't show up at one set all day) which was kind of annoying.
The food was fantastic - as the 7lbs that I've put on will testify! Yes, there is a bit of a wait for a table sometimes - some waiters are super-quick at spotting you waiting and will clear tables quickly, others not so much. Same with drinks - one night we had a beer at our table before we'd properly sat down, other times we had to wait a little but never more than a few minutes. There was always plenty of choice and there were themed evenings like chinese and mexican. Puddings were also amazing. We didn't have any a la carte but did eat at the other restaurants/snack bars for a bit of variety and they were all good.
The entertainment was brilliant, the team seemed to be constantly on the go, and there was something on from 10am til 3am if you wanted to get involved, but there was no pressure to do anything if you didn't want. The shows at the night were of a really high standard, with international dance and circus acts, but just a warning - the amphitheatre is boiling and airless, which can make it uncomfortable to sit in for an hour's show. Buy a fan! Also there are a lot of things that you could end up paying extra for - the spa, bowling, arcade - and they are not cheap, but if you are prepared for this then fine. Otherwise there's lots of other things to do that are included.
Re the waiting/bar/kids club staff - they aren't particularly friendly or chatty, we just put this down to them being so busy but a smile doesn't take much effort.
Overall we had an amazing couple of weeks, met some really lovely people of all nationalities (just ignore the rude ones), the hotel is beautiful and great for families who want lots of things to do. We will probably go somewhere different next year but may return to the Titanic in the future.

5  Thank ktt33
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 3 August 2012

I began to write this review as we were about to leave the Titanic Beach Resort. I know it is a strong title to start with, however on reflection this has been a great holiday and in the past have never felt able chose a best holiday ever as all our holidays were just as good as each other. The Titanic hotel did have its flaws and these were very frustrating but when viewed in the wider context they did not really impact on the overall enjoyment.

This is our sixth all inclusive holiday and out fourth time to the Lara Beach area. Staying previously at Lara Bach Hotel and twice at the Kervansary. Both of these hotels were great, however the Titanic was better.

Firstly though the negative points, the room was small in comparison to previous hotels and with a teenager daughter sharing the room it was a little cramped and the bed was not very comfortable. (But if you asked my wife should would say the opposite as she slept very well every night on her half of the bed.) There is nothing that can really be done about this and coupled with the fact that we spent very little time in the room it was not really an issue.

Secondly, the main dining room is a different kettle of fish. For breakfast it was great and we never used it for lunch. In the evening it felt that it became a huge canteen and was not a very pleasant dining experience. We preferred to eat outside because the room was extremely noisy, busy and just not very appealing. I am unsure how they could do it any differently. I work in a school and during dinner it reminded me of being back there, people moving in all directions and very noisy. That being said the quality of the food was very good.

Al la carte – first time that we have had to pay, although not expensive I found I did question why would this hotel make people pay? We ate twice in the Italian restaurant which was great and a very different experience from the main dining room.

Good points – the hotel is great, clean tidy and well laid out. It is air conditioned inside which makes a real difference when you come back inside. The pool area is fantastic and the beach area, where we spent most of the time is very good. As for sun beds there is enough for everyone regardless of the time of day. If you wanted one in a prime location you would have to get up a little earlier, however this is no different than the other hotels we have stayed at. The point is you don’t need to get up early because there are always some free, even it means going to the beach.

We loved the entertainment, it was probably what made the holiday. The animation team are fantastic and the boss of it is great. Special mention to Ali because he made us laugh but our favourite has to be Julia the boccia (sand boules) girl. All the animation team do a wonderful job and are constantly working really hard to make sure the holiday feels special. What was nice was that they never looked or acted like they did not want to be there, they were happy and really threw themselves into the activities. The evening shows were great and were a mixture of different styles. We loved the White Party and four Seasons Party, I don’t think we have ever danced as much. We really enjoyed all the shows, however the one on our final night was the best, it was a dance, gymnastic team from the Ukraine who put on a breathtaking display – thank you. The Brazilian carnival was also great and made for another thoroughly enjoyable and memorable evening on our holiday.

It depends what you want from a holiday that counts. We could pick fault if we wanted, however we leave after having a great time; refreshed, relaxed and ready for it all again next year……….we know that we will come back to this hotel.

2  Thank nigeju
Reviewed 3 August 2012

Been to Titanic myself and 2 children (age 9 and 10). Hotel is excellent in every respect - Cleanliness, food, staff, facilities. Main buffet restaurant very good, great range of food and lots of turkish. Also visited the seafood and italian which were excellent. Pools great, children loved the slides. beach area great.Only minor fault I can think of is that cocktail selection quite small, do recommend the Mojito and Olympic cocktails.
Had no issues with air con as other people have mentioned.. Would thoroughly recommend hotel for families or couples.

7  Thank LisaYorkshire
Reviewed 2 August 2012

Well... What can I say? Firstly I'll
Tell you the plus points.

Fabulous pools- really great
Beautiful weather
Solaris bar.

Bad points.

This is going to be a long read ( but if you're going please do read, I wish we had)

I usually look at bad reviews on here and think are these people for real?! There was an ant on my balcony, there was a crack on one of the bathroom tiles yadda yadda... But this hotel deserves some honest reviews. Without being picky.

When you arrive there is a definite wow factor. Amazing outside, very impressive foyer and lifts ( I'll get onto these later...)
Then they show you to your room.
5*? More like premier inn.
Dated, very small and inadequate air conditioning for the weather at this time of year.
Added to this my 3 year old daughter was given a cot.. And when asked to change it to a bed we were told no... Not enough room. We didn't ask for a cot so she slept with us.
Balcony not secure in my opinion. Especially for those with small children.
I asked if we could change rooms because of the bed issue and we were told no.
We arrived at 3am to a sauna type room. Were told that the air conditioning is switched off between 3 and 6 am... Scorching!
We were shown to our room where the receptionist kindly showed us how to switch the tv on and then stood there waiting for his tip with his hand out. Telli g us call number 7 to speak to reception if you have a problem or need anything. I'd advise you not to... They don't care. Speak to your rep.

The rooms however are kept very very clean and the hotel maids are the most pleasant staff in the hotel, as a rule.

Now, if like us you are placed fairly high up and have small children the stairs are not an option. However, there are 5 small glass lifts... Be prepared to wait and wait and wait at peak times. Then when you've waited for what seems like hours then be prepared for some of the Dutch and Russian guests to quite simply barge you and your children out of the way.
At first being from the country where people just love to queue ;-) I found this quite stressful... After a while there you find the if you can't beat them join them approach works best. As you hear the lift arrive... Run with your elbows out.

"Dining experience" hmmmm well the same policy for the lifts goes here. Be prepared to wait and wait for a table. Then be prepared to wait some more for it to be laid.
Then onto some more queuing and some more barging out of the way.
Again the if you can't beat them join them method works here. Whilst I won't advocate pushing in what I will say is stand your ground and don't allow them.
The food? Very average and slightly repetitive. I'm not a huge fan if al anyway. But have stopped in real 5 star all inclusive before where you have a far superior buffet service and a la carte options ( that aren't payable titanic!)
Ala carte was ok. Nice to escape the queuing at least.
Food certainly aimed at our German, Dutch and Russian friends.

Drinks. Solaris bar is great, very warm but lovely staff. Nice drinks best one there.

Entertainment. Didn't really watch any. Found it a bit butlins esque. Catered for the non British and involved yet more queuing ( well it did the nights we went).

Staff- this is what bothered me the most. The majority of the staff here are very rude, hardly speak English ( and we did try to speak a bit of Turkish too) but English is seen as a 4th priority language. Most seem fluent in other languages and look like everything they do for you is some massive favour. I felt guilty asking for anything in the end.
They'll also barge you out of the way at the lifts.
In their defence they are really busy... But doesn't excuse the rudeness.

The all inclusive bit is a bit of a con. On top of the huge amount we had another 200 euros to pay on departure.
Some drinks are payable, a la carte payable, wifi payable ( and rubbish) bowling payable ( expensive)
Not good!

Children haven't much to do of an evening other than sitting in an amphitheater overheated and bored.
A play area wouldn't go amiss by Solaris or somewhere, the grassed bit. Fenced a bit so they could play while it's a bit cooler.
Avoid the courtesy rooms. Expensive, small and even worse air conditioning.
Shower elsewhere.

Cats are very sweet and I felt so sorry for them.
Lots of the hotel closed off or too warm.
A properly air conditioned bar would be nice.

I won't be rushing back and wouldnt advise people to go either.
And to the previous review who mentioned the " annoying kids"
This is a family hotel and if it bothers you then maybe try an adults only.
Sandals ones are fab.

Overall this hotel could be five star and great . Has a lot of sorting to do first though.

• Stayed: July 2012
13  Thank Jcnc2004
TitanicDeluxe, General Manager at Titanic Beach Lara Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2012

Dear jcnc2004,

Thanks for the feedback on your stay with us. I appreciate your highlighting the different aspects of your experience. While I am glad that you enjoyed the pools, weather and the Solaris Bar service, I am sorry that it was not as you had hoped it to be.

Certainly we are aware of the fact that our rooms need a re-design, it may be worthwhile to note that the hotel is undergoing restoration next year that will include redesign and upgrade its guest rooms and other general areas. I agree with you, our front desk should have sent another extra bed for your daughter to sleep in as it seems that a room change was not very possible during your time of stay. I am sorry to read that our front desk team was not able to find a solution. The Front Office Manager will evaluate our processes based on your comments to ensure that ou future guests will not have to experience the same challenges that you had. We also will be sure to take a quick audit of the balcony door closures as well.

Although 5 elevators are sufficient, in rush hours you have to wait a little longer to catch an elevator. Especially kids love to ride the elevators and therefore they are being kept busy at the floors.

Our culinary team is always looking for great ways to prepare fresh and locally grown food to please the appetites of our guests including accommodating special meal requests. We make every effort to ensure that our quality of food and selection exceeds the expectations of our guests and I am sorry to hear that did not find what you were looking for.

The majority of our staff speaks at least two languages; english, german, dutch and russian. Although english is the most speaken language at our hotel, fact is it is not the native language. We sincerely apologize for the shortfalls in service in relation with the language barrier.

Your dissatisfaction is understood, but should you change your mind and wish to stay with us again, please feel free to contact me directly.

Kind regards,
Gokhan Ozbatir

Reviewed 1 August 2012

We are currently staying at the Titanic so Before you book your stay here please be aware there is no supervision or lifeguards present at the kids pool. There are lots of unsupervised children of all nationalities totally disregarding the kids pool and making it really unpleasant! We cannot understand why the so called 5 star hotel does not have more supervision at busiest time of the year. Kids are constantly being kicked in the back as they come down slides. It's too busy not be supervised especially for the money you pay. There are injuries everyday arounnd the pool as the floors are dangerously slippy. Accidents are not reported even when people slice their feet open. The safety of this hotel is awful. Both my children cut their feet open.
The service in the hotel is also below average. We often help ourselves to drinks with our meals as the waiter service is appalling. The food however is amazing at the hotel.
The rooms are only that of a 4 star hotel. I'm only writing this as I chose this hotel on people's views on trip advisor. Now I am here I just want people to know the hotel is really not 5 star standard and should not be 5 star priced. However the the kids club is good and the evening entertainment is fantastic. We have had a nice time here with friends but we wouldn't come back to this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family