“Very Good hotel, but not disable friendly pay for rental of a wheelchair”

Limak Lara De Luxe Hotel&Resort
Ranked #13 of 228 Hotels in Antalya
London
“Very Good hotel, but not disable friendly pay for rental of a wheelchair”
Reviewed 9 May 2012

My review is of a mixed reaction the hotel is good and does have a few minor let downs. It's like marmite you like or hate it. Generally it was good and difficult to fault.

I went with a big group of us; all in all there was 16 of us.

Checkin
Quick and simple. Offer you an upgrade
They offer you a room upgrade which normally costs "€45" but they will give us special for "€20". I heard the same speech given to other customers. So it's bull, real upgrade cost is €20. But worth doing if there is four of you. The room upgrade is worth 20 euro but not 45 euro.

Room.
We paid for an upgrade at "Lie discounted rate". At 20 euro; it was worth it. We had paid for a sea view this was a pool side view. Massive room with jacuzzi with two rooms with balconies.

Nice and clean but a bit dated for a 5 star hotel.

Staff
Checkin staff
Other than the best deal to upgrade they were friendly and approachable. Was quick and simple.

Resturant staff
Very good the best staff considering the number of people they are serving. Ibrahim, Sephie and Abdullah were very good and a true asset to the hotel. I would go as far as saying the Resturant staff are excellent. Couldn't fault them.

Also Fatima at the beach Resturant was very friendly and nice.

Very good selection of food and of good quality. We really did enjoy the food great selection.
I loved the grill area freshly grilled meat and fish.

Cake selection amazing kids loved it including me.

Normally at Buffets people go crazy like the food will finish, but the food is unlimited and fresh.

** I just hate stupid people who pile their plates up high and only to waste it at the end. **

Restaurants
You had to book all the restaurants 24 hours beforehand. The Indian restaurant is not opened yet but, it will open on the 1st of June (I think)

Entertainment
We watched 4/5 of nights of entertainment. Very good way to end the evening.

Aerobics - dancers from Kenya amazing breath taking show.
Turkish night - very good with belly dancing etc.
Snow white and Aladdin were very good. (Snow white is PG rated)
Comedy night - mix of German and English which made it unfunny.

Pool
Good selection of pools. But the water was freezing; kids loved it even though it was freezing.
However, the slides had opening times and were closed half the time.

People.
I read reviews of Germans and Russians being weird etc. But we didn't see any of that; all you have to do is be like them get to the pool early, be abrupt and you will mix in well. :-)

NOT A DISABLE HOTEL FRIENDLY.
We needed to borrow a wheelchair. We have taken my mother around the world and this is is first time we had to pay rental for a wheelchair.

I Couldnt believe they wanted 10 euros a day for rental. We complained and thy reduced it to 5 euros a day. I couldnt believe you had to pay extra.

Overall
A great 5 star all inclusive hotel; may go back. But I'm sure other 5 star all inclusive Hotels offer the same service and standard. Would I recommend? Most definitely.

Room Tip: Worth getting the upgrade. The standard charge is 20 Euros, dont be flattered with the lieing disco...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (343)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Staffordshire
Reviewed 7 May 2012

We visited the Limak Lara at the end of March/beginning of April 2012. We'd done the usual checking around on various sites, trying to find out what people thought before we booked, and on the whole, were confident and went with an open mind that everything would be fine.

We travelled with Thomson - flight fine, transfers to the hotel, excellent - Thomson staff are great! Top marks to Farah Lulu, she was brilliant! :D

Arrived at the hotel at around 10pm - checked into the hotel, which was all fine, but was told by reception that our room was on the 12th floor - we even double checked, and they confirmed again that it was the 12th floor!!!! They only have 8, the bell boy hadn't got a clue what was going on, and totally contradicted the receptionist!! As it was late and hadn't eaten, we were informed (again by reception, and again double checked the times) that the main Zen restaurant would be open from 11pm for a buffett type meal. It turned out, after waiting in reception, that in fact it was 11:30pm. Sorry, I know that may seem trivial, but after a long journey....

The following day, and after a decent nights sleep, we started to take a closer look at our room and our surroundings. Our room was on the side of the hotel facing the Concorde Hotel as we looked out of the balcony. The room was really quite big for 3 of us and initially we were quite impressed. However, we soon realised that the air conditioning was blowing out hot air all across the room (quite powerful really as it was located above the bathroom door, and the warmth could be felt by the balcony door - impressive). The cutains had been torn off the rails. Carpets were stained. The room really was quite tatty, and considering this was sold to us as a "5* platinum hotel", we were seriously underwhelmed.

We had a welcome meeting the following day with our rep, Farah, so we took the opportunity to let her know about our disappointment. She arranged with reception for a change of room. However, this wasn't going to be available until the following day, and so as it wasn't urgent (just disappointing), we continued to explore our surroundings.

The new room was on the opposite side of the building. On the whole it was much lighter and brighter, and was even bigger!! However, it still wasn't right. It must be something that all the rooms have, because the curtains had been torn off the rail again, there were stains on the carpet, there was black sealant around the balcony door that had been trodden all over the floors and it was really just very tatty indeed. (please see my pictures). The neighbouring balcony even had a little stack of wood splints holding the glass in place (again, see my pics).

If I had to be honest I would say that the Limak Lara accomodation is on a par with a Premiere Inn (which I don't have a problem with, I stay in them quite often as I travel up and down the country for my work). I think their idea of a 5 star hotel is very different to ours and when you pay for something a little bit special, I felt a little let down. The whole hotel really is a little bit scruffy around the edges I thought - especially the rooms - its just attention to detail really, and with a little time and trouble, they could easily be sorted.

The facilities at the hotel are excellent! We were out of season when we arrived, so the bars and restaurants were limited, with not everything open, but gradually, they did open and we noticed a difference as soon as the 1st April came around. However, one VERY BIG gripe is that we paid for an all inclusive holiday, and on the 1st April we came home from a trip out to find a letter in out room telling us that if we wanted to use all of the facilities that were free to us yesterday, then we would have to pay another three euro's per person per day for the rest of the holiday!!!!!! We were issued with red wristbands, but what really peeved me was that there were some people that didn't have a wristband at all, that were then eating in the restaurants that were supposed to be wristbands only - so what did I pay an additional 30 euro's for???! Baffled....and then there were the people with black wristbands, what was all of that about??!!

As part of the wristband upgrade you were also supposed to have additional items in your fridge - even our basic service seemed to then stop! I ended up complaining more than 3 times, and in the end I went down to reception, and thought I would just wait there until either someone physically removed me, or they restocked our fridge - it worked. We ended up with a big bowl of fruit as an apology from housekeeping and an armful of bottles of water from the bar until they got to us.

While I'm on housekeeping - we took to hiding toilet rolls where they wouldn't find them. Being a little 'tight' with supplies is an understatement. I'm sure they must ration you to one roll every three days! Beware, if you are travelling with a family, it will pay you to keep some for a rainy day! lol ;)

Like I say though, the facilities were excellent. The hotel was incredibly clean in the public areas - there are always people cleaning!! Toilets all over the place and are incredibly tidy, even by the beach and pools. The pools were a little on the cold side for that time of year, so we didn't really brave them - tbh the indoor pool was very cold too.

The main restaurant (the Zen) is a bit manic - took us a few days to get used to it - I personally found it very stressful - my husband, who eats anything, was in his element, but have to say, I've not really had the pleasure of brocoli, cauliflower and spinach stuffed tomatoes at breakfast (and cream cakes) before, I thankfully found the cereal - its also great if you like german sausage, but if you're a little fussier like me, then try sticking the BBQ'd food outside on the balcony of the Zen for your lunch and evening meals.

Beach bar is lovely - gorgeous chicken kebaps are available. The Tandori is also really good - lamb burgers are so scrummy. My son's fave though has to be our afternoon stop at the cream cake bar by the Oasis Bar!! :D

The spa centre is lovely - you must try a turkish bath while you're there, but beware, if you attend in a swimming costume, rather than a bikini ladies, you'll be asked to drop it completely. Even though it came as a surprise, I wasn't too bad as there was nobody else in the Haman at the time, but a friend we were with attended the following day, and was asked to drop hers with a Haman full of men!!

Beware, the little shop in the complex (where you buy your stamps from - by the Oasis Bar) is incredibly expensive - I'm sure he makes the prices up as he goes along!

Animation team - Brilliant - Sacha and Olga (and the rest of the team) work so incredibly hard, as do all of the bar, restaurant and cleaning staff. I just feel that their reception skills need a bit of a polish up!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Rachel1837
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 May 2012

stayed here for just a short break from 19th april till 24th april.Where to start well stayed here 2010 this hotel was fantastic in every respect. and ive booked for sept this year so i hope it gets act together. the rooms are just as good as they were before. The hotel is clean and spacious.we paid an extra 3 euros a day to get ultra service this was a waste of money, didnt get the gordons gin none left or bottled beer. so really paid for nothing any different than just all inculsive. This service i hope was just because it was out of season.The food was O.K. but not as good as when we were here before so hope this improves to.The animation team put on there 1st show in the outside theatre with fireworks after and that was great. 5 Star.When i go back in sept this year i hope thats its back to what it was the 1st time i went smiley faces alround and nothing to much bother for all the staff.COME ON LIMAK YOU CAN DO BETTER

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jenben06
Purmerend, The Netherlands
Reviewed 7 May 2012

We've just returned on may 5th, from a week at Limak Lara. This is the fourth time for us in Turkey. The staff, the animation team and especially the receptionist are the kindest we've ever had in a hotel so far. Very large rooms. We had two doubles and a family room with jacuzzi for 5 adults an 4 children. The food and hygiene was like to be expected for a 5* hotel perfect. The children said that it was the best holiday they've ever had.

Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 6 May 2012

Family with two children (aged 3,5 and 10 months) stayed one week in apr/may. A little off-season, but still with approx 800 guests of a total capacity of 1200 according to reception (mainly dutch guests). Stayed in spacious family-room, but a little unconvenient that you need to pass a staircase of 12 steps to get to these rooms. Air-condition did not work properly, so I found it hot and difficult to sleep (my wife slept like a baby). Only 25-26 degrees at max outside, so I’d hate to be there when it’s closer to 40…

Great variety of food, there must be an option even for the pickiest one. Chicken was very dry each day however. Hotel was mostly clean and nice (except from behind the sofas in the room where they apparently had not cleaned). Poolarea was very nice with waterstations nearby, and we stayed by the childrenspool (0,35cm depth) every day. There was also a kidsclub and wi-fi, so that’s the best place to be with small kids! Disappointing that there were not wi-fi in the rooms, only reception- and barareas. Enjoyed our stay, but to make this review short I will list some elements which makes me give 4 stars instead of 5:
- No wireless internet in the rooms (5* In 2012 should have that)
- A bit strange hours at the restaurants, no possibility to eat between 2130 and 2330…..
- Gym closes at 1900. As a parent I’d like to exercise after their bedtime.
- No Ice-cream until 1300. I find that quite incredible, and flat out poor.
- None of the outdoor pools were heated. Childrens pool should be so, was only 19 degrees in the water.

Things to note:
- The staff is apparently told to give special attention to small kids and babies. It was like they had never seen one before…
- Nearest ATM is 200m to the left when you walk out of the hotel
- Both the Mexican and Italian a la carte restaurant can be recommended (did not try the Turkish).
- Excellent cake-buffet (try the tiramisu at café bonjour!)
- Spacious rooms and serviceminded staff

Room Tip: Family rooms are on second floor, be ware that they might have a staircase both before you get to th...
1 Thank Arthur_Vandelay