Just returned from a 9 night break, relaxed and nice and brown. We booked with Thomas Cook. big mistake, but that's another story. The Antalya airport experience for us was very quick,and pleasant, after reading horrors stories on trip advisor,was expecting long ques. No queues at all for us. Transfer coach easy to find,and transfer time good. About 20 minutes or so.Check in was fairly painless, except finding out all inclusive at the Limak Lara is not really what it says on the tin.They have what they call ultra inclusive.This allows you to have branded drinks,but only if you specify your brand, or they give you local brew.You can have bottled beer with ultra, but your never told this when you pay your extra Monies. In our opinion, the details that are given to you when checking in is very poor. Our room was on level two we previously emailed the hotel and requested for sun on our balcony in the afternoon, also if possible a view over the pool or sea we received all three.Our room was clean and tidy and a good size. The room contained two beds, One Queen size bed, one large single, pool towels, a small mini bar, containing fizzy drinks, water, two cans of beer,and a couple of fruit juices, replaced every day.Also a free safe, hairdryer,flat screen telly,with only about three English channels, mainly news except, Eurosport.If you are like us, all inclusive or not, we enjoy a cup of tea or coffee in the morning, when we get up. There are NO TEA OR COFFEE making facilities in the room. So take your own.The bathroom was clean and tidy, where you will find a dressing gown and slippers for your use.Along with some shampoo soap, and other little odds and ends.
A non slip mat in shower may not go amiss, a little ugly maybe, but a good idea, especially with the younger and older ones.
The dinning room large and functional.Caters for the majority, which is NOT the British, If you are one that can only eats pie n chips etc, i suggest you go to Blackpool. I read reports that some guest struggled to find things to eat?? did they use the same hotel as us? The menu includes lots of fish, veal, lamb,chicken,all the salad stuff you can eat and more.Repetitious! maybe after a few days, but if you insist putting every item on your plate every meal time, then it will be quicker for you. The hotel does not use PORK products,So no bacon, ham etc etc. The meat that looks like Ham is in fact Veal.As i said lots of salads, all washed in filtered water, so no tummy upsets here, There is also a fresh fruit, counter, and a couple of rows of dessert options. You can eat in inside or outside, if you eat outside beware of the birds eating your breakfast if you have forgotten anything, Leave the table empty for less than a minute and the sparrows are at your plate helping themselves.Watch out for bird pooh on seats! Could ramble on about restaurants but could be here ages.To be honest would just be nit picking
Pool area very very clean and tidy, lots of sun loungers,(no chairs for older people) lots of shade. A couple of drinks bars, to get your tea coffee, juices, alcohol etc and a couple of snack bars. To be fair to the hotel April is still out of season, so maybe a little different in main season.The tandoori restaurant, was not open in the evening, but used as a snack bar during the day. Mainly burgers,but a choice of different types, along with pizza, salad.
Beach bar, provides Kebabs, toasted sandwiches, pizza, ice cream.fruit. Great place to relax, and watch the world go by.
Entertainment, the entertainment team worked long hours, and at times made me belly laugh.During the day they organized, children's clubs, also entertainment for the adults, darts, volley ball etc.
In the evening, the entertainment had a lot to be desired. There is not really anywhere else to go other than the hotel. There is a children's disco, for about 30 minutes in the mail hall, which they seem to enjoy very much. This is then followed by showtime.It last for about 45 minutes.showtime consists of the entertainments team putting on a show. They do it very well, and we found there efforts entertaining, and funny.After the show you are asked to vacate the hall, and go to one of the other bars bars. There is a after ten disco,not sure if what time it goes onto its either one or two in the morning, sorry those days are gone for us :( .In the Panorama bar. They have a local, musician, playing a guitar, or a organ and singing. They try there best, but really they are not particuly good. You will have probably heard most of there songs after three visits or so.This finishes at 11.30 So its a late night snack, a drink or go back to your room.
While we were at the resort it was Turkeys National children's day, The hotel put on a firework display. to celebrate this, In our opinion it was excellent. One of the entertainment staff they call Boo Boo, Is Soooo much like Mr bean, its unbelievable. his expressions alone make you laugh.
We found the staff on the whole, very friendly and smiley, a couple of surly one, but that's life. We found Engin Erik in the main restaurant a really nice guy, along with Hanifi in the Italian. and Deniz the barman, great characters
Negatives are very few, as a non smoker we could not get away from the aroma of cigarettes, even in our room. As there were smoking areas, just below our balcony, and of course people smoking on there balconies. Which they they have every right to do, but it would be nice, to eat at a snack bar ,or sit around the pool, without having to endure cigarette smoke 24/7. There is one no smoking area, at the outside part of the main restaurant, but they have dedicated smoking tables, a few feet away?
Reception staff well !! make your own minds up,but people skills training is required, for most of them.
All in all, we were treated very well, even spoilt ,we also had great weather, and met some nice friendly staff. Would we return? maybe.For us the hotel would need a more comprehensive evening entertainments package. other than than a few minor complaints, a good time was had by all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Limak Lara is a luxury resort hotel that is located along beautiful sandy Lara beach in Antalya/Turkey. Resort is opened 12 months long and gives All Inclusive service during a year. Resort is family-friendly and offers lots of free facilities & activities for its visitors such as free internet access in the room and in general areas, delicious food at main restaurants, good snacks, A La carte restaurants (Italian, Mexican, Far-east sushi, tai, Indian with cover charge), free Turkish buffet restaurant, local and import good alcoholic drinks, safe box in the room and reception, free kettle with tea & coffee set up. In Limak Lara all standard rooms have been re-designed in 2015 and great new rooms are welcoming its guest with new good furniture, laminated-floor, comfortable beds, shower, hairdryer, bathrobe, mini bar (daily refreshment), free Wi Fi, free tea & coffee making facilities, balcony, free safe box , Television, fan, sitting corner. At bars, restaurants and all around the hotel well trained staff will give a professional service with pleasure. As the parents spend a very quiet holiday, there are plenty of activities for kids at mini club in day and night time. Every single day, we dance with kids at mini disco time. And lots of surprising activities take a place during a stay. There is an aqua park with 9 water slides and 3 pools that covers 8.000 m2. An Indoor heated pool with a water slide, 3 whirl-pools and baby pool are awaiting for holidaymakers. As we are baby-friendly resort a very well cared baby food corner will be at your baby’s service during meal times with its special chef. A wellness center will let you get out of tiredness of the year with its special packages such as relaxation, rejuvenation, Turkish bath etc. with reasonable prices. A Turkish bath (Hamam), Sauna and Fin bath are opened all a year long. Beach towels, sun beds, sun umbrellas are provided around the pool and on the beach free of charge. For the honeymooners a special package is being offered. One day breakfast in the room, one free A La carte dinner, delicious fruit & good wine, room decoration and free upgrade to Jacuzzi room up to possibility. General information about your stay in Limak Lara; A daily shuttle service (with payment) will let you make your holiday shopping in Antalya city center. Central air condition is being set up according to weather conditions. Great location for a great shopping is available within 100 meter. Friendly family atmosphere is taken a place in every place in resort. Clean sandy beach provides a playground for kids. A very tasty breakfast is available at late breakfast restaurant between 10:00- 11:00 o’clock. Housekeeping gives a daily excellent service for a clean rooms and bathroom. A great childcare for specific ages 4-12 and 13-17 up to season. Limak Hotels offer the best value for money with '' Warm Hospitality & Excellent Service '' ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Prestigia, HotelQuickly and Agoda so you can book your Limak Lara De Luxe Hotel&Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Limak Lara De Luxe Hotel And Resort
- Limak Lara De Luxe Hotel Antalya
- Lara Hotel
- Limak Lara Hotel
- Limak Lara Resort