Just returned from the Sahara Beach in Skanes. Myself wife and 22 year old daughter. This is the second time we have been there, this time was a very very last minute decision and the sahara beach was one of the very few hotels with spaces left. We didnt search it out specifically.
The hotel itself was opened in 1975 and is showing its age although its not overly run down or tatty, just mature. Rooms are basic and could do with a bit of updating but for a quick week away they are acceptable. No luxuries, TV's, teamaking facilities etc but clean and functional.
Grounds and pools are nice and there is a good indoor pool if the weather isnt good or too good even.Plenty of sunbeds although there is not a pool towel facility, take your own thats a downside with the lower luggage weights on offer.
Food, well everyone has totally different opinions. Your allocated a table for the duration of your stay and your own waiter. A small tip £2 say at the begining of your stay gets you excellent service from day one. As for the food i would rate it acceptable, every meal there was something i liked, a few strange choices for the british palette but i was happy with what was on offer, as was the rest of my party.
Bars were OK and service good, staff in the main were polite and eager to please especially Mr Happy Happy a waiter in the main bar......what a character!!!! The entertainment in the evening, hmmmmmmm very very amature, but they do put a lot of effort in and really do try.
There is a kids club and mini entertainment in the earlier evening, cant vouch for the kids club, couldnt get my daughter to go.
We had a good time, had value for money for what we paid, but you get what you pay for. If you want the very best this isnt for you, but for a low cost family trip away with plenty of food and drink in reasonable surroundings and some entertainment its fine.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Near to Monastir and approx 12 km from Sousse (Skanes - Tunisia). Broad, fine sandy beach. 22.000 sq m of gardens. A childrens paradise. Short transfer. Plenty of action and entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sahara Beach Aquapark Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sahara Beach Hotel Monastir
- Iberostar Hotel Sahara Beach
- Iberostar Hotel Monastir
- Sahara Beach Hotel Tunisia