Presently staying here in the middle of a 7night stay. Have to say the resort tranquility is amazing! I came here with a view to completely de-stress from day-to-day and BTP has completely fulfilled this objective.
Staff are awesome everywhere and everyday at the resort, have not yet encountered any staff who has not stopped to say hello/swadeekap and engage in conversation if we have time. Makes my wife and I feel so welcomed and special at this resort.
I would definately tip the room cleaners, even if it's just 100 thb every couple of days. These guys must be on very low wages but the tip must go along way, and they start to recognise the utilities or services that one tends to use in the room and will replenish straight away.
room wise, we stayed in a 2bed pool villa, absolutely stunning! Plenty of space and modern, I hear they only have 20 or so of the newer ones so ask before or when u arrive if available.
Food is good, both wife and I are veggie and although there were not too many options on the standard menu, the chefs at the restaurants were more than happy to create veggie set menus during stay! The service at this resort goes a very long way.
Area of Laguna resort is fairly quiet, be prepared to travel into Phuket town/Patong beach which is prob 30mins and 500 thb each way.however this was fine with us and main priority for me was to have the tranquility banyan offered.
Spa is known as world class, but to be honest I preferred Maldives. Having said that, it is good so defo worth a visit.
Previous reviews have mentioned the resort to be old and need of rework, I think the old and classic look suits btc best. We went to visit one of the newer resorts in Laguna and although brand new, their service was no match for BTP.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Banyan Tree Phuket, Banyan Tree Spa Sanctuary and DoublePool Villas by Banyan Tree each deliver a unique experience in a tranquil setting. Located at Bang Tao Bay on the northwest coast of Phuket Island in Thailand, a 20-minute drive from Phuket International Airport. Banyan Tree Phuket Resorts is part of Laguna Phuket, Asia's first integrated resort, and is also the first Banyan Tree resort to be conceptualised and built, setting the benchmark for future properties. This flagship resort offers 173 luxuriously appointed villas surrounded by lush tropical gardens and Asian watercourts. All villas feature a king-sized bed, bathtub and private pool in a landscaped garden. Complimentary minibar except alcoholic drinks with daily refill for all villa categories. The perfect haven to spend time with loved ones, Banyan Tree Phuket Resorts caters for romance, with its private pool villa, fragrant gardens and saltwater lagoons. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Prestigia, Ctrip TA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Banyan Tree Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banyan Tree Phuket Hotel Thalang
- Banyan Tree Phuket Cherngtalay
- Banyan Tree Phuket Thailand