“Gay-friendly and serene, but needs some repairs.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Twinpalms Phuket

Twinpalms Phuket
Ranked #8 of 95 Hotels in Thalang District
Manila, Philippines
“Gay-friendly and serene, but needs some repairs.”
Reviewed 2 May 2012

We stayed at Twinpalms for five nights. I will start with the downside. At first glance, you'll think that this indeed a fine small luxury hotel but on a more closer look you would see that they have a few dilapidated exteriors, apart from several rusts on other places. For the price that they charge, there should be no excuse for this. Another issue that we encountered is with the airport pick-up: We arranged for this service when we booked the hotel but when we get to the airport, no one picked us up so we ended taking a taxi on our own.

The breakfast buffet had a huge variety of foods, including Thai dishes, Western breakfast, fruits, cheeses, and breads. Everything was fresh and delicious. I have to say that staff were all polite and attentive.

From what I've observed, It's more intended for couples than for families as it has a romantic atmosphere. Gay couples would also feel at home here. Perfect for honeymooners.

I felt a bit "exposed" with their bathroom as they have a glass that overlooks plants. But it's actually cool.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (313)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 30 April 2012

This was my favorite hotel to stay at in Thailand! We arrived late Friday night for a 2 night stay and found out we had been upgraded to a grand deluxe palm room, which was already more than we could have hoped for. The layout is cool, with a beautiful balcony you can make as private or open as you want, and a giant bathroom. Just to clarify a previous review, there absolutely ARE rooms with bathtubs as ours had a giant one. Both of the pools are beautiful and peaceful, and the items we ordered from the poolside bar were fantastic. My friend and I used the spa to get pedicures and body scrubs which were both of good quality, and the prices were not too high. We didn't spend time at the beach club during the day as the weather made the water a little too rough, but Catch was a nice place to hang out with friends to get food and drinks at night. The breakfast buffet had a huge variety of items, including Thai dishes, Western breakfast items, fruits, cheeses, and breads and everything was fresh and delicious. The staff were all polite and attentive. I would definitely stay at Twinpalms again!

Room Tip: Go for a grand deluxe room if you want a private balcony!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank dubbs2012
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 April 2012

Let me first say that overall, this is a very nice hotel in a great 'peaceful' location, and still only 15min by taxi to the centre of chaos - Patong!

However, there are a few issues that I must mention if I want to be brutally honest in my review - it might seem like I'm being too fussy, but to be a true 5 star resort you must cover ALL angles when it comes to service and management.

I bought a cigar from the hotel, and asked for a cigar cutter so i can smoke it. They couldn't find one, and asked me to go to their beach club (3min walk) where they should have one. I walked over to the beach club and they said they had one, but one of the hotel guests took it, so I was forced to use a knife. Now, in a true 5 star, the hotel would have immediately replaced it, not with 1, but 5 cigar cutters. They didn't even have a proper cigar lighter. If you're going to sell cigars, please please do it properly.

The hotel also has a 'loyalty card' where you earn points for every 1,000 Baht that you spend within the hotel (food, drinks etc). However, for some ridiculous reason, they only give you a point if you spend at least 1,000 Baht per sitting. Stupidly, this means that if I spent 30,000 baht in total, but never more than say 900 baht in any one go, I get ZERO points. Whereas, if another guest only spent 2,000 baht in one go, they get 2 points. Sorry, but this is totally ridiculous and I cannot believe that the management cannot see that this makes no sense whatsoever.

SECURITY - The hotel has a great beach club that sits on a nice stretch of beach. There is wifi everywhere, even on the beach. One day I took my iPad down to the beach as I needed to send urgent emails. I then decided to go for a swim, but because so many random sellers walk through the beach trying to sell you anything and everything, I couldn't just leave my iPad. I therefore asked one of the beach club guys if I could leave the iPad with him for 15min whilst I go for a swim - he said of course, so I did. About 10min later, when I got out f the sea, I walked over to his little section on the beachfront, and was shocked to find that he had left my iPad on display for any thief to easily steal, AND he wasn't even there. Absolutely stupid security! I took my iPad, and he didn't even notice when he returned.

LIFEGUARD - To my horror, there is no lifeguard on duty to look out for the safety of guests, particularly children. That is unacceptable.

NO BATHS - What they don't tell you is there are no baths in there rooms, just showers. I had a garden suite, and it just had a shower - sorry, but that is not 5 star.

FITNESS GYM TOO HOT ! The gym is far too hot (24 Celsius) which is extremely unhealthy and dangerous in such heat and humidity. After 3 minutes of cardio, you feel like you're about to collapse! Not good at all.

I could go on, but I just wanted to give a good, brutally honest review. Don't get me wrong, the hotel looks very pretty, is very clean, has a great beach club, and the food is good. Unfortunately, the management team are not 5 star, or perhaps they are too stingy. This hotel is a good 4 star, but because of the reasons above, it cannot be a 5 star hotel until it addresses all the above issues!

Still better than many other resorts on Phuket, but not quite the brilliant hotel I was expecting. I hope they read this review and do the necessary.

Room Tip: Choose a pool suite if you can afford the extra.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank K A
london
Reviewed 26 April 2012

It can be hard to write a review when words fail you ! Everything was perfect : the staff, the food, the atmosphere, the room, the weather (well I know the hotel couldn't command to the sun, but we were fortunate enough to have a beautiful hot and sunny weather !).

We had an upgrade to a duplex with a small pool, the attention made the stay unforgettable ! Nothing to worry about, the beach club is jsut 3 minutes walk from the hotel and its relaxing efects last really a long time.

It's worth every penny : a little pricy but the reward and the memories are priceless !

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
nairobi - lon not found.
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Just to say The Twinpalms Phuket was the most beautiful place among the 5 hotels that we stayed during our holiday in Thailand.

Beautiful place, beautiful pool, excellent professional and very friendly staff. You can even spend time only at the pool without going to the beach.

The room is amazing and the service is excellent with those little things like: small pieces of chocolate everyday, fresh fruit.... We are very happy!

We will come back next time if we go to Phuket again!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
10.1 km away
Amari Phuket
Amari Phuket
#2 of 319 in Patong

Been to Twinpalms Phuket? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK