“Downhill”
Review of Flip Side

Flip Side
Reserve with Chope
Flip Side is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #65 of 302 Restaurants in Rawai
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 14
Cuisines: American, European
Reviewed 6 February 2018 via mobile

I have eaten at this restaurant many times since the first week it opened. It used to have great service who were always friendly and welcoming. There has been a big change in the last year. It feels like the Belgian owner is perhaps no longer involved with the management. The staff do not know the menu nor the POS or the drinks very well. They never do quality checks and often forget to bring sauces or cutlery or napkins to the table. Twice in the last month I was brought the wrong meal and drink. The staff is glued to their mobile phones and you really feel like you are an inconvenience rather than a customer. The menu offers some nice dishes, but it’s not enough to enjoy a meal out. Until a strong manager comes back and gets the staff in shape, I will probably walk the extra 30m in either direction for a better experience.

2  Thank DanMyYacht

Reviewed 23 January 2018 via mobile

The place has always been expensive - something special but the service and the portions have decreased while it is still expensive -
I have tried several things on the menus and was thoroughly disappointed after several months of traveling to get Home and order my favorite phillycheese steak take away and come home with a 300 baht snack

1  Thank Tod A
Reviewed 25 December 2017 via mobile

Came here for dinner with the family.
First problem was the waitresses who couldn't speak English. Asking about what ingredients were in certain menu items totally confused them.
Then they took orders from some people at the table and walked way, forgetting to take the other food orders!
After the meal, out of idle curiosity, we flipped over the beer cans and discovered that the beer had expired in June 2017. Checked the Mexican bottled beer on the table - same thing.
Finally the food arrived. For one person.
About 15 min later, the next plate arrived for a other person at the table. Finally, another 15 min after that, the last person in our party received their meal.
Staff ignorance and inattention to the job, and expired beer inventory, ruined a pleasant evening out.
We won't be back.

1  Thank Airlifter
Reviewed 30 November 2017

I’ve been returning here on occasion over the last 18 months, and I really like the place, and the awesome burgers are a nice little guilty break from the wonderful Thai food that I love so much. A year ago, my review would have ended there and signed off with five stars. However, something has come over the place, and you certainly get the feeling that whoever is in charge has not been at the wheel for quite some time.
Every time I returned over the last year or so I have had an increasing sensation of being an inconvenience to the staff, who are without fail sitting at the table next to the bar, in deep concentration over their phones as if it was them and not I who were out spending their money and enjoying a social outing. Despite a huge staff turnover, the one that really stands out in this regard continues to be there. Last time I was there meeting some friends, I strategically placed myself at the table with a clear view of their little Facebook hub next to the bar, presumably updating their social status to ‘bored’, in the hope that I wouldn’t have to walk in there every time I needed another beer, that it would suffice to wave and call. When the mentioned long term staff member had enough of these interruptions and changed seats so she could play with her phone without being bothered by the likes of me, my jaw just dropped. As funny as it was in its own way, it’s not exactly a treatment I’d want to become routine in my life, so I went next door to The Coconut and enjoyed a few more beers and a meal with my friends.
I hope for his or her own sake that the owner comes back and cracks that whip, locks up their phones at the beginning of each shift and takes a moment to explain that their wages come from the punters at those tables that seem to annoy them so much.

1  Thank Kristianrehr
Reviewed 15 November 2017 via mobile

We have eaten here a few times. The food is very good although expensive I would never eat there again after the last time. I took some family and friends 11 people there and the service was bad and my little boy broke a small glass by accident. they charged us 250 bhat for this without saying anything on the bill I am very disappointed and sad

3  Thank Steve M

Been to Flip Side? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK