The Mangosteen Resort is a small boutique resort.
It is beautifully designed and very well maintained. The rooms are actually bungalows...you get your own little hut! It is a very relaxing and comfortable environment. The rooms are very spacious. You a hammock right outside your door and you have a private outdoors jacuzzi and shower area. The resort amenities are minimal...in addition to the spa where you can get pampered (for a price!) there is really only the swimming pool. It has to be said that it is a very nice pool available 24 hours a day. It is an infinity pool with salted water, and surrounds the restaurant at the middle of the property. The pool also features a water bar with stools built in to the pool. Very nice. The restaurant is decent. Prices were high and while nothing was outstanding, nothing was bad either. The service at the restaurant, as with the rest of the hotel, was excellent. Some problems with English, but everyone was friendly and helpful.
The resort is in the southern tip of Phuket (Rawai), and located in a very odd location. It is not really a resort area, and the surrounding area seems very local, small grocers and restaurants. In this sense, the resort is quite secluded (from the types of things people usually want to come to Phuket to see). Walking is not an option in the frantic streets of Thailand, so you either have to get a taxi or rent your own car or scooter. Just as a reference, we went to see "FantaSea" a dinner/stage show with elephants and it was near Kata Beach, on the west coast of Phuket. The journey there (mostly because of the traffic) took an hour and a half and same for the way back. And so, staying in Rawai definitely felt secluded. Depending on your perspective, however, that could be a very good or bad thing. If you are there to relax and not interested in seeing much else it is perfect. However, if you want to be able to leave the resort and walk around, it's not really that kind of place.
We spent four days for our wedding anniversary and really enjoyed being at the resort. However, beware the English-speaking salesman/saleswoman, as they really put a damper on our holiday. They are there to sell you a "membership" to the resort (they insist it is not a time-share) and they will NOT take no for an answer. When they first spoke to us, we wanted to be friendly and told them we would think about it. In hindsight, we should have given them a firm "no" at the beginning even at risk of sounding impolite. They are nice people, but everyday we were pestered with aggressive soliciting and it was extremely off-putting, to the point where it made us not want to return in the future. So...take my advice, put on your thick-skin, regardless of what they say, just give them a "no" in the beginning, skip the "pitch" if you can, and avoid them for the duration of your trip.
Seclusion--Quiet and away from the hustle bustle
Beautiful Ambience and Design
The resort is small and never feels crowded
Seclusion--Quiet and far away from everything. It is not possible to walk around outside the resort.
Restaurant--Food is mediocre and expensive
A beautiful small-sized resort in a non-touristy area of Phuket. Excellent property and excellent service. Great for a relaxing holiday by the pool, somewhat lacking if you are looking for more.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mangosteen Resort & Ayurveda Spa, Phuket. Located near Nai Harn Beach in the South of Phuket, Mangosteen Resort & Ayurveda Spa sits on a private hillside. This adult only Boutique Resort offers high standards of personalized service in a secluded and serene environment. Only 41 villa style rooms ensure privacy and tranquility. The rooms are designed as a "home away from home" by Interior Designer John Underwood to ensure guests have a most enjoyable stay. Surrounded by tropical gardens, each Villa feels like a piece of private paradise. Private Villa gardens offer a Jacuzzi tub. Enjoy the breathtaking views of the Andaman Sea and Phuket Island. All units are generous in space. The center of the resort consists of the 680 sqm free form pool, the Restaurant, the Lounge Bar and the Ayurveda Destination Spa. A free shuttle service is offered to the guests to make the short trip to Nai Harn beach, one of the best beaches in Phuket and Asia. Your unique Ayurveda Destination Spa Resort near Phuket's best beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, HotelQuickly and Ctrip TA so you can book your Mangosteen Resort & Ayurveda Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Tulip Mangosteen Hotel Rawai
- Mangosteen Hotel Nai Harn
- Mangosteen Resort Nai Harn
- Mangosteen Resort & Ayurveda Spa Phuket/Rawai