“Amazing Carrot Cake”

Delish Cafe
Ranked #28 of 278 Restaurants in Rawai
Price range: US$ 2 - US$ 11
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Delish Cafe specialises in freshly roasted espresso coffee from northern Thailand and gourmet food produced in the cafe. Our friendly English-speaking staff will serve your customized dishes and freshly-made juices. Salads, burgers, quiches,soups, sandwiches, paninis, are just a sample of our menu. Keep some appetite for our superb home-made cakes such as lemon-meringue pie, rhubarb and apple crumble, carrot and walnut, apple custard, gluten-free chocolate and orange cakes. TAKEAWAY coffees, juices and food can be prepared in advance by phone bookings on. CATERING can be arranged, including specialty cakes.
Reviewed 3 January 2016 via mobile

It was my sons 40th Birthday and I had forgotten to buy a cake. The team at Delish had one baked and iced by the afternoon and even delivered it. Huge success!! Definitely the best Carrot Cake ever. Real home style cooking. Everything so fresh. Great for real Aussie style breakfasts. A must try cafe.

2  Thank Susanne U

Reviewed 1 January 2016 via mobile

I visited this place several times with my family, also ordered cakes take away... But after food poisoning with their cake, I would never come back!

2  Thank Anna S
Gregory J, Manager at Delish Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2016

Dear Anna S.,
It is strange you submit this review 7 months after visiting our cafe!!!
However, assuming your review is, in fact, not fraudulent, I will point out some things that you may not be aware of:
1. food poisoning from cakes is extremely unusual;
2. symptoms of food poisoning can take up to 72 hours to manifest.
3. in 5 years of operation this is the first allegation against our cafe.
Perhaps your comments should be based on evidence such as other unrelated customers making similar reports at that time - but there are none.
Normally, I would offer an apology to a dissatisfied customer, but in this case I consider the review to be spurious in the least.

Reviewed 30 December 2015 via mobile

Had a lunch and breakfast here and both were excellent and served by friendly staff. I particularly recommend the Moroccan chicken salad - lovely flavours on the chicken, the salad dressing was delicious, generous portion too. Breakfast and coffee also great, as was the cheesecake. The owners were chatty and recommended some other places to try for dinner. Need a car/bike to get here as it is just off the main road. A great find!

Reviewed 30 December 2015 via mobile

We found this little gem 3 years ago and we're delighted to see it was still here and with the same lovely lady preparing our meals.
Individual quiche with salad and amazing dressing, one of the best cappuccino outside Italy (praise indeed from an Italian ) and for my husband. ...."carrot cake that compares to Marks and Spencer"
In a nutshell, you'd be crazy not to visit here.....WeDelish

Reviewed 25 December 2015 via mobile

The breakfasts are so good and they have so much to choose from , it's such a great atmosphere and the servers are kind . I always ordered the French toast with mango for breakfast and it tastes heavenly . 11/10 stars . Lol