My husband and I had 12 nights here to end our wonderful honeymoon around Thailand.
I was very nervous coming here after reading very mixed reviews, we had a few minor problems but nothing that ruined our honeymoon.
Firstly our villa was fantastic with a great location. We were right by the restaurant over looking the pool and the sea.
We found the breakfast lovely and plenty to choose from. We did eat here twice for lunch and dinner but found the food and drink extremelly expensive however the food is of an excellent quality.
At high tide you can walk on the beach to the left to the next resort called Friendship beach where you are welcome with open arms and the food is of great quality but a little cheaper.
We didnt try out the spa as I found it far too over priced and you can have a lovely massage in the centre of Rawai.
The town cars provided by the hotel is very expensive but worth it if you want to go out for the night to patong. We did get a taxi from a taxi rank across the road of the main entrance for around 200 baht to go into Rawai.
After a couple of nights of taxis we decided to hire a scooter. Its 300 baht a day from the hotel but if you walk down the road you will find a scooter hiring place (same as the hotel use) and get one from there for 200 baht a day. There is no insurance in Thailand so be very careful, we found it very safe to get around and had no problems. we even went on a day trip on our scooter all around the island and it was great fun. It is too far to walk each day to Rawai and the road is very busy so do take care. It will take around 30-40 mins to stroll down the road.
There are fantastic restaurants in Rawai, we loved Rimhad seafood, see other review, Nikitas, and lots of other thai food. If you hire a car or scooter you can driver through Rawai and you will come to many many more great bars and fantastic restaurants near the nahaim beach. Our favourite bar was the freedom bar opposite nikitas, the staff are very friendly and great fun. I think it is one of the only non prostitue bars in the area!!
At the Vijitt make sure you try out the Thai restaurant as the food is out of this world and do ask for a wireless router for your room if you need wifi as we didnt know they offered this until the free cocktail party we were invited to and Natalie one of the managers told us all guests can have free routers.
One only bad thing we experienced wihoch i did tell the managment was the house keeping. They kept on forgetting towels and they were not that great at cleaning. The hotel is not 5 star for European and US standard but it is a lovely place with very friendly staff.
The main advise we will say is if you are staying longer than a week then do get your own transport.
Thanks Vijitt for finishing off our wonderful memorable Honeymoon xx
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Vijitt Resort Phuket is a romantic retreat where peace and tranquility soothe the soul with breathtaking natural scenery all around. The landscaped grounds at this Phuket hotel are simply beautiful with tall palms and expansive lawns gently sloping towards the stunning view of Friendship Beach.The elegant villas at this beachfront hotel in Phuket are contemporary style inspired by local design and materials. Many of the private villas include their own pool and all enjoy magnificent views of calm blue waters of Chalong Bay. This serene and secluded Phuket resort is perfect for couples and families seeking a holiday in paradise where warm Thai hospitality awaits. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Prestigia, Expedia, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Vijitt Resort Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Vijitt Resort Phuket Hotel Rawai
- The Vijitt Hotel Phuket
- Vijitt Hotel Rawai
- The Vijitt Resort Phuket Rawai